Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Something I also want to know, when the cops run to the media and tell them "this is the largest number of guns and explosives I've ever seen in 25 years in one house." And also "if no laws have been broken they can be returned", do they also privide 24/7 security to his home so that all the theives and other criminals theyve just told about a treasure dont come and steal them?
    Most of us didnt want the LTCH records released for this very reason because people would have addresses of people with guns. Same with now having to register your class 3 stuff with your local Popo. This guy just blabbed to the whole world, why would they keep anything else sacred or safe? They are people just like everyone else with gums that flap in the wind.
    So even if hes found innocent hes been shown to be a juicier target than some of the gun shops weve seen broken into. If you think criminals dont take notes for stories like this youd be mistaken and are underestimating the enemy

Simply being accused has put his name, his address, his picture and his possessions out for the world to see.

****ty situation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The difficulty I have with the law is the he said, she said nature of it. Heath care worker gets peeved about being denied admittance to a residence and embellishes the conversation that took place. Aren't there some steps in this before somebody's collection gets confiscated?

Or, maybe a rabidly anti-gun healthcare worker could see that the person has <gasp/> guns :runaway: and then kinda decides to make sure they get taken away. I'm not sure how much leeway in the law there is to do something like that, but you run across activists and they might do things like that.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The way to transport weapons, in a brute trash can.
    5b774829d4c2e.image.jpg
    Theyve got a job to do. It's for your safety citizen. The constitution Grant's no guarentee of safe or smart gun handling. We are not liable.

Howd my impression sound?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Having read through all of the provisions of the law, I'd say that nothing is perfect and there is room for improvement, but it looks pretty sound to me.

Yeah...like provisions for fines and penalties for those that file baseless claims, maybe graduated based on the willful maliciousness of the claim.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Having read through all of the provisions of the law, I'd say that nothing is perfect and there is room for improvement, but it looks pretty sound to me.

The first part about a police officer making the affidavit, suggests to me that some investigation is warranted between ate healthcare workers accusation and the confiscation order.

Did the police even interview him before he walked out his door and they arrested him.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Simply being accused has put his name, his address, his picture and his possessions out for the world to see.

****ty situation.
    Yep and that's the new America we live in and its bull ****.

Hey this guy may be guilty as **** for possessing illegal stuff and making legitimate threats. But everyone deserves their day in court.
    I'm not saying he is or isnt guilty. I have my opinions on this matter which may surprise people based on things I've written here, but they are mine and I wont be posting them out of respect for the forum and the rules we have. All I'm calling for is due process and common sense. Yeah this is a law but it's a ****ty one.

This also should be a wake up call for anyone who may think that because they have something illegal in their home and it will never see the light of day, that something like this can happen, or a fire, or a medical emergency, ect. And if they come in and see guns they WILL secure them and is your freedom really worth it? I dont think so.
    If I had someone coming into my house I would have them on camera the entire time to cover my ass.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I do note that he is being held without bond. Maybe T. Lex, HM, or KF can comment, but that seems unusual to me to be a just he said/she said kind of thing.

Maybe the cops are afeared they didn’t get ALL his firearms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The first part about a police officer making the affidavit, suggests to me that some investigation is warranted between ate healthcare workers accusation and the confiscation order.

Did the police even interview him before he walked out his door and they arrested him.

You mean did they tell the guy with all the guns and ammo who they believe had made a death threat that they may be coming to take his guns before acting? I don't know.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sad to say this should be a lesson for us all. If you're going to have strangers in your house, especially those from a profession known to have significant portion of whom are anti-gun, put your guns away; lock up your ammunition; and keep your pie hole shut about them. It shouldn't be this way but it is. And there many people out there that will always believe a "respected" healthcare worker over a gun nut.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You mean did they tell the guy with all the guns and ammo who they believe had made a death threat that they may be coming to take his guns before acting? I don't know.

Is arresting someone over a verbal threat always taken at face value, with only a single source making the accusation?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I do note that he is being held without bond. Maybe T. Lex, HM, or KF can comment, but that seems unusual to me to be a just he said/she said kind of thing.

I'll let the criminal law guys give the details, but the police don't set the bond. A court does. Being "held without bond" in this case would seem technically accurate, but "bond has not yet been set" would seem to be more accurate.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

WTHI reported yesterday the presence of illegal controlled substances. That would be my guess.
    Sad situation, I hope and pray it's properly resolved.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    WTHI reported yesterday the presence of illegal controlled substances. That would be my guess.
    Sad situation, I hope and pray it's properly resolved.
    I dont think he will ever see his guns again.

Even in a case here on ingo where a member was trying to recover a stolen gun (i think that was it) it took over a year to get it back and that was in marion county.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I'll let the criminal law guys give the details, but the police don't set the bond. A court does. Being "held without bond" in this case would seem technically accurate, but "bond has not yet been set" would seem to be more accurate.

Ok. I had always seen it reported as "Bond has not been set" if it was waiting for a bond hearing, but as "held without bond" as they had the hearing and the judge said, "nope".

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Is it just me? I'm tremendously jealous that they need to send a "whole" trailer to haul away his stuff.

On the note of his "threat" there should be something credible there beyond just one (1) persons word. While I respect the good intentions of many home health workers, the governmental side of the equation seems skewed against anyone deviating from their Sesame Street ideology. Everyone locks up cleaning supplies, we all eat organic, healthy food, and naturally no firearms are needed.

I hope everything goes well for this guy.

Regards,

Doug

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    From MyCase:

[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]Bond is set in the amount of $100,000.00, 10% cash NOT PERMITTED, NO PROFESSIONAL BOND, CASH ONLY."

So...what have I said about local media and legal matters?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom