• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    AC, back on page 7 I posted the only way your going to be part of a legitimate organization without being shipped overseas.

There isn't a single militia in this state thats recognized by the government and there likely never will be.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    There is a purpose for a citizens militia, and that is stated in this phrase of the second amendment "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." to uphold and protect the constitution and the bill of rights.

I would be interested in joining something like this because simply put, I regret never joining the military when I was younger, and would love to learn more survival and military tactics, protect our constitution and bill of rights, and be trained to help the rest of the general public in a time of need. However most of the militias that I have investigated say they are not anti-government or racist however their web sites are full of Anti-Obama, Anti-Democrat right wing fundamentalist extremest rhetoric. Upholding the constitution and bill of rights is not a republican or democrat issue, it's not right or left, because we all know that Politicians and judges in general are screwing things up and taking away our rights from both sides of the isle.

For example, "In a 3-2 decision, Justice Steven David (R) writing for the court said if a police officer wants to enter a home for any reason or no reason at all, a homeowner cannot do anything to block the officer's entry. Indianapolis Supreme Court Overturned a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes."

if you join a "militia" like the national guard you are still under direct order of the state and federal government and politicians, a civilian militia is under direction of the constitution and the bill of right. How can you keep your government in check if you are under direct order of that very same government that is infringing your rights?

Look at what happened when they enacted Martial Law in New Orleans after Katrina and the National Guard was sent door to door to confiscate the guns from law abiding citizens that were not even in the direct flood area but trying to protect their families and property from looters and thief's.

I am not advocating the overthrow of the government, but I am advocating the right of the people to protect their unalienable god given rights granted to us by our forefathers but unfortunately modern militias have portrayed themselves as extreme right wing nut jobs and fail to really promote themselves neutrally in order to protect our rights and work with governmental authorities like the militias of our past.

"Militia existed in the colonies long before the American Revolution. With the exception of Pennsylvania, colonies required most able-bodied men to own weapons, to be willing to be called for periodic training, and to defend their communities from attack, primarily by Indians. This was the colonial militia.
    Minutemen came into being in the wake of the crisis in Boston, in 1774. Essentially, they were a reorganized militia, rid of any vestiges of loyalty to the crown, and trained, far more extensively than they had been previously, so that they could "turn out" at a minute's notice.
    The Continental Army was an invention of Congress and the command of George Washington. When Washington arrived outside Boston in the aftermath of the battle of Bunker's Hill, he immediately began to train the diverse forces he found there into a regular army. This group became the Continental Army.
    The militia continued to exist and fight throughout the revolution with mixed results. Continental Army officers tended to deride its effectiveness, probably with reason, at least in the early years of the war. But at Saratoga, in the South, and in New Jersey during a 1780 campaign, they were essential fighting forces. By the end of the war, Washington and others in the Continental command were using the militia as support for the regular army, and they were a crucial component in the ultimate victory."

Militias were not bad however modern militias fail to meet the standards of the past. Like I said, I would love to join up with a group of people interested in protecting our freedoms that are not crazy nut jobs!

Last edited:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Wow! What a long post.
    It would help if it was broken up into smaller paragraps. It's kind of hard to read (stay on line) when it has so many lines.
    (I had to use a finger to keep my place in line.)
    Just a friendly suggestion.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Wow! What a long post.
    It would help if it was broken up into smaller paragraps. It's kind of hard to read (stay on line) when it has so many lines.
    (I had to use a finger to keep my place in line.)
    Just a friendly suggestion.

Sorry, I ment to do that before I hit submit lol.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    There is a purpose for a citizens militia, and that is stated in this phrase of the second amendment "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." to uphold and protect the constitution and the bill of rights.

I would be interested in joining something like this because simply put, I regret never joining the military when I was younger, and would love to learn more survival and military tactics, protect our constitution and bill of rights, and be trained to help the rest of the general public in a time of need. However most of the militias that I have investigated say they are not anti-government or racist however their web sites are full of Anti-Obama, Anti-Democrat right wing fundamentalist extremest rhetoric. Upholding the constitution and bill of rights is not a republican or democrat issue, it's not right or left, because we all know that Politicians and judges in general are screwing things up and taking away our rights from both sides of the isle.

For example, "In a 3-2 decision, Justice Steven David (R) writing for the court said if a police officer wants to enter a home for any reason or no reason at all, a homeowner cannot do anything to block the officer's entry. Indianapolis Supreme Court Overturned a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes."

if you join a "militia" like the national guard you are still under direct order of the state and federal government and politicians, a civilian militia is under direction of the constitution and the bill of right. How can you keep your government in check if you are under direct order of that very same government that is infringing your rights?

Look at what happened when they enacted Martial Law in New Orleans after Katrina and the National Guard was sent door to door to confiscate the guns from law abiding citizens that were not even in the direct flood area but trying to protect their families and property from looters and thief's.

I am not advocating the overthrow of the government, but I am advocating the right of the people to protect their unalienable god given rights granted to us by our forefathers but unfortunately modern militias have portrayed themselves as extreme right wing nut jobs and fail to really promote themselves neutrally in order to protect our rights and work with governmental authorities like the militias of our past.

"Militia existed in the colonies long before the American Revolution. With the exception of Pennsylvania, colonies required most able-bodied men to own weapons, to be willing to be called for periodic training, and to defend their communities from attack, primarily by Indians. This was the colonial militia.
    Minutemen came into being in the wake of the crisis in Boston, in 1774. Essentially, they were a reorganized militia, rid of any vestiges of loyalty to the crown, and trained, far more extensively than they had been previously, so that they could "turn out" at a minute's notice.
    The Continental Army was an invention of Congress and the command of George Washington. When Washington arrived outside Boston in the aftermath of the battle of Bunker's Hill, he immediately began to train the diverse forces he found there into a regular army. This group became the Continental Army.
    The militia continued to exist and fight throughout the revolution with mixed results. Continental Army officers tended to deride its effectiveness, probably with reason, at least in the early years of the war. But at Saratoga, in the South, and in New Jersey during a 1780 campaign, they were essential fighting forces. By the end of the war, Washington and others in the Continental command were using the militia as support for the regular army, and they were a crucial component in the ultimate victory."

Militias were not bad however modern militias fail to meet the standards of the past. Like I said, I would love to join up with a group of people interested in protecting our freedoms that are not crazy nut jobs!

You have several more options to get with people who can work with you on some of the issues you addressed.

1. Check out the Mutual Support Groups in your area of the state. While these groups are "casual" rather than "organized" for the most part, folks are getting together and working on training to be prepared for whatever comes. Out of the larger area MSGs, you can get with like-minded folks and develop smaller groups.

2. Check out the Community Emergency Response Team (C.E.R.T.) training concept, which is designed to help you and your neighbors be prepared for a disaster in your area. The small team concept is another way to get with folks and share ideas and pool knowledge and resources.

3. Start a Neighborhood Watch. Beginning with looking out for each other, you can progress to finding like-minded neighbors to share knowledge and resources. I'd wager that, with the country having been at war for the past 10 years - and intermittently at war since the 90's - some of your neighbors will have valuable military experience they can share.

If you look around yourself with the objective of finding like-minded individuals to share experiences, preparation ideas, and pool resources, you will likely find many folks who are in the same boat as you are.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Reading back through the whole thread reminds you of the number of militia kooks that have popped up periodically over the years. They post a couple times and then gone forever.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Anyone here listen to Alex Jones?

Reason i ask- I've been noticing how the DHS is not even worried about categorizing terrorist as Alqueda or Islamic groups, but more towards white people. For example, the bomb incident that occur on Norway.

Same with the police/military training manuals which target veterans and pro gun americans.

Also another example would be the Militia that got busted....what about 2-3yrs ago? One here in Indiana and another in......Michigan i think.

So the terrosit aren't men in turbins and islamic groups, but pro gun people who also are pro small govt.

My 2 cents.

Top Bottom