Mitchell

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I wouldn't take the word of Politico on anything in politics. The article may not be false but it's a bit like taking MSDNCs word for something.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I liked Braun until I researched him. Definitely in it for himself. RINO all the way. When he was in the state legislature, he worked on legislation that made his business interests more profitable. I don't trust him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Essentially, whomever is elected, its a win-win (for GOP fans). Donnelly is one of the most "Republican" Democrats out there. I'll vote his way, solely because he won't be a Trump bootlicker.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Yeah. They have a liberal slant, but read the memo posted. Todd did the writing.

Plus, I say again, Todd is really out for Todd. He shouldn't have tried the whole drop out of his rep race, attempt to run for governor, come back and get back in his rep race thing a few years ago. I used to be pretty neutral/positive on him, but that ended that idea.

drbob93

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    South Central Indiana
    Other than the ads on tv, I know nothing about the candidates. Is Rokita as good as the ad is?

Yes Todd Rokita has been excellent. I have watched his voting record as I live in his district. My family and I discussed it and he has at least 3 certain votes here in Johnson County. Donelly did vote against one piece of gun legislation that I recall, but otherwise it was the straight democratic line.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes Todd Rokita has been excellent. I have watched his voting record as I live in his district. My family and I discussed it and he has at least 3 certain votes here in Johnson County. Donelly did vote against one piece of gun legislation that I recall, but otherwise it was the straight democratic line.

Which Rokita ad? The one where all he's basically saying is that he'll support whatever the president says, or the one where he talks about being pro-2A, while "shooting" an AR?

Donnelly, I believe has a A rating from the NRA, and most conservative principles. If you like the way Trump is running the nation, and think he needs more support to from Congress to implement his plans, Rokita is the guy for you. I, obviously, think the idea of Trump being able to push through more of his policy, generally, would not be in the interest of America.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm voting Messer. Good solid consitancy. Braun is a wildcard and Todd isn't good at his job. In fact, Todd tried to run for Governor when Pence went to the VP slot. Todd looks out for Todd. Also, Todd is a bit of a jerk, see:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/18/todd-rokita-boss-aides-staff-instructions-241709

He tried to run for Governor and that's a mark against him? And if what they listed in the article is the worst of the 8 pgs(the link doesn't in the article doesn't work) it doesn't seem that bad.

Somebody's put a lot if thought into that. I'm wondering if this is based off of some template and how many others have something analogous.

Yep pretty extensive, but that in itself isn't bad. From what the article says he doesn't have the same one every time, I've had a few jobs where coworker/helper frequently (constantly) changed, something like this would have came in handy, and it was pretty much the same type of job just different locations. And it was nothing like politics, just basic work. I also wonder if some of it wasn't just to make sure the aide was actually reading it. From what I've heard a lot of the contracts for music stars contained various things, the band didn't care if they were actually done or not, they were just to make sure it was read and followed for the things that mattered.

It is pretty extensive for this job. Most places are get from point A to point B and make sure you pack up what you need before getting the Rep. The detail is really crazy.

Except the job isn't just driver/chauffeur, the person was his aide just a small portion of the job was the driving.

Yeah. They have a liberal slant, but read the memo posted. Todd did the writing.

Plus, I say again, Todd is really out for Todd. He shouldn't have tried the whole drop out of his rep race, attempt to run for governor, come back and get back in his rep race thing a few years ago. I used to be pretty neutral/positive on him, but that ended that idea.

I tried to read the memo, it's not there.

He attempted a shot at higher office, when that didn't pan out he went back to running for his current office? Did it knock anyone out, or just add his name to the hat?

None of the above mean I support Rokita, just my take on the issue. I haven't decided yet who I am voting for.

Which Rokita ad? The one where all he's basically saying is that he'll support whatever the president says, or the one where he talks about being pro-2A, while "shooting" an AR?

Donnelly, I believe has a A rating from the NRA, and most conservative principles. If you like the way Trump is running the nation, and think he needs more support to from Congress to implement his plans, Rokita is the guy for you. I, obviously, think the idea of Trump being able to push through more of his policy, generally, would not be in the interest of America.

Haven't seen any of his ads. So no idea.

Yes Donnelly has an A rating, but as a Dem in a red state, that doesn't surprise me. Pretty much all of the votes on firearms would have been decided the same no matter which way he voted, so they let him vote the way his constituents want. If it came down to a close vote, I believe he would vote for more control in a heartbeat. His I support the 2nd but.. form letters indicate that to me.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    I specifically asked Muesser about the 2A at the Cass County Republicans Lincoln Day Dinner, he was pretty wishy washy and could not give me a direct answer. All of the Candidates were there and spoke. If I was to vote off of their talks at the dinner alone my vote would go to Braun. Some interesting info about himcoming out here though to require more research.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I specifically asked Muesser about the 2A at the Cass County Republicans Lincoln Day Dinner, he was pretty wishy washy and could not give me a direct answer. All of the Candidates were there and spoke. If I was to vote off of their talks at the dinner alone my vote would go to Braun. Some interesting info about himcoming out here though to require more research.

Exasperating these guys are. Ask any NY, CA, MA, IL democrat and you have no problem understanding what they'd do, given the chance. You'd think an IN republican ought to be able to look you in the eye and at minimum be able to laugh off any contemplation of magazine restrictions, age limits, etc.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Exasperating these guys are. Ask any NY, CA, MA, IL democrat and you have no problem understanding what they'd do, given the chance. You'd think an IN republican ought to be able to look you in the eye and at minimum be able to laugh off any contemplation of magazine restrictions, age limits, etc.

Exactly! my spidey senses went of with this guy. leaves me to make a choice between Rokita and Braun, and I do not have a fondness for career politicians on any level of government!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Almost anybody but a D and that includes NY Joe. He will betray you the first moment he can; he sees you as his subjects not his constituents. Dogs bark, snakes bite, liberals lie. Joe lies every day in every way, he's just waiting until he thinks he has enough power so you and your silly opinions don't matter.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Almost anybody but a D and that includes NY Joe. He will betray you the first moment he can; he sees you as his subjects not his constituents. Dogs bark, snakes bite, liberals lie. Joe lies every day in every way, he's just waiting until he thinks he has enough power so you and your silly opinions don't matter.

If you think Republicans are above such things, then I guess I envy your naïveté.

Top Bottom