• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    JettaKnight, thanks for fixing the links to the Tony Katz interviews. Hard for old dogs to learn new tricks. When I entered the business world, we used IBM typewriters and carbon paper, no Xerox copiers yet, no overnight delivery, no fax..... Remember when the first electronic calculator hit the market.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    As long as he's representative, going to DC and being authoritarian might not be a bad thing. It all depends on the application of the angst.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I have sat and met with Messer and Rokkita in their offices in DC and I prefer Messer after several meetings with both. Rokita is very much out for him first and what will get him elected. Now I will say he does not hide that and is very blunt which some may like. Messer is my rep and I feel he has done a fine job. When I have flown to DC and back many times I have flown with senators and congressman and Rokita is the only one to fly first class the rest sat in coach/ business class even seen Young give up free upgrade to first class on a flight. All politicians for the most part are out to stay in Office so I can understand that. I would vote Rokita over Donnelly obviously but I think Messer could do us a good job. However whether Messer or Rokita they need to hear from a bunch of us to make sure they stay on the right side of the 2nd amendment.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/in...donor-database-from-government-office-report/

CBS News reporting that Rokita may have violated ethics laws while Secretary of State. The allegations are that he was politicking and trying to build up a donor base while on the clock.

Probably not much to this, but most certainly will be a taking point for Messer and Braun the restof the primary.

Wonder about the timing of this? What's it say about those releasing this little tidbit?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wonder about the timing of this? What's it say about those releasing this little tidbit?

If it’s true it says that they’re reporting news. Of course it would be nice if they’d discover these kinds of news indiscriminately. I’d like to see them report that water is wet on both sides of the isle.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Which Rokita ad? The one where all he's basically saying is that he'll support whatever the president says, or the one where he talks about being pro-2A, while "shooting" an AR?

Donnelly, I believe has a A rating from the NRA, and most conservative principles. If you like the way Trump is running the nation, and think he needs more support to from Congress to implement his plans, Rokita is the guy for you. I, obviously, think the idea of Trump being able to push through more of his policy, generally, would not be in the interest of America.

Great endorsement, thanks.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Which Rokita ad? The one where all he's basically saying is that he'll support whatever the president says, or the one where he talks about being pro-2A, while "shooting" an AR?

Donnelly, I believe has a A rating from the NRA, and most conservative principles. If you like the way Trump is running the nation, and think he needs more support to from Congress to implement his plans, Rokita is the guy for you. I, obviously, think the idea of Trump being able to push through more of his policy, generally, would not be in the interest of America.

If there were a shred of truth to his actually supporting such principles, explain please why one receives so much attitude when contacting his office regarding 2A issues, or most anything else the least bit conservative. As for the NRA's evaluation, with their track record on the matter it makes me wonder how they figure their way out of bed in the morning.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If there were a shred of truth to his actually supporting such principles, explain please why one receives so much attitude when contacting his office regarding 2A issues, or most anything else the least bit conservative. As for the NRA's evaluation, with their track record on the matter it makes me wonder how they figure their way out of bed in the morning.

I can't speak to that, as I have never called his office.
    But from what I know, besides being pro-2A, he voted against the Dream Act, is anti-abortion, against Don't Ask, Don't tell, and voted for the Defense of Marriage Act. Those are fairly significant conservation positions.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I think kut just made up 90% of INGOers minds to vote for Rokita lol
    If Kut is against rokita then that's MY guy!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am surprised that the Governor and his pro-gun wife did not show up.

But yes, I am pretty settled on Rokita. Once he wins the primary it will be sad/interesting what the media/dems/progs throw out and do to discredit and trip him up.

There will most likely be enough weak and kneed faint of heart to help re-elect Donnely.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    NY Joe is a safe vote for Shumer/Pelosi anytime it matters; when it doesn't he'll throw away a vote that makes it look like he cares what people in IN think.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I can't speak to that, as I have never called his office.
    But from what I know, besides being pro-2A, he voted against the Dream Act, is anti-abortion, against Don't Ask, Don't tell, and voted for the Defense of Marriage Act. Those are fairly significant conservation positions.
    Have you read any of the canned responses that came from his office that other members have posted here?

If not, search them out and see what your opinion is.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about Second Amendment rights. Like you, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and have consistently voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. However, like responsible gun owners, I believe it is only reasonable for us to consider ways to reduce gun violence and protect public safety.
    Whether a gun owner or not, we can all agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern has never been with those who follow the law, but with those who do not. For this reason, I have opposed proposals to ban assault weapons and continued my longtime support for national recognition of Indiana licenses to carry.
    We, however, also know that too many individuals with criminal records or serious mental illnesses are getting guns by exploiting loopholes in the current system and, in the process, endangering the lives of others and the rights of law-abiding gun owners. In fact, history has shown that Congress often begins reexamining gun laws after someone who should not have a gun in the first place uses that weapon to commit a crime.
    To that end, I supported the Manchin-Toomey amendment to S. 649, the [FONT=&quot]Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013[/FONT], to improve the background check system, and to prevent terrorists, criminals, and the mentally ill from jeopardizing the rights of law-abiding citizens. This amendment would require instant background checks for sales made at gun shows or over the Internet, but would ensure that parents, friends, and neighbors could engage in private transfers just as they do now. In addition, the amendment reaffirmed current federal law that no information obtained in a background check could be used to establish a federal registry of firearms.
    As we seek answers to the problem of gun violence, I hope we can also have a serious conversation about mental health, particularly the needs of many of the men and women who serve our nation in the military, as well as veterans. It is my strong belief that we can better identify risk factors that often lead to violent behavior and even suicide.
    As Congress continues to debate proposals to responsibly improve our gun laws while also protecting the Second Amendment, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting mywebsite.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about Second Amendment rights. Like you, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and have consistently voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. However, like responsible gun owners, I believe it is only reasonable for us to consider ways to reduce gun violence and protect public safety.
    Whether a gun owner or not, we can all agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern has never been with those who follow the law, but with those who do not. For this reason, I have opposed proposals to ban assault weapons and continued my longtime support for national recognition of Indiana licenses to carry.
    We, however, also know that too many individuals with criminal records or serious mental illnesses are getting guns by exploiting loopholes in the current system and, in the process, endangering the lives of others and the rights of law-abiding gun owners. In fact, history has shown that Congress often begins reexamining gun laws after someone who should not have a gun in the first place uses that weapon to commit a crime.
    To that end, I supported the Manchin-Toomey amendment to S. 649, the [FONT=&amp]Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013[/FONT], to improve the background check system, and to prevent terrorists, criminals, and the mentally ill from jeopardizing the rights of law-abiding citizens. This amendment would require instant background checks for sales made at gun shows or over the Internet, but would ensure that parents, friends, and neighbors could engage in private transfers just as they do now. In addition, the amendment reaffirmed current federal law that no information obtained in a background check could be used to establish a federal registry of firearms.
    As we seek answers to the problem of gun violence, I hope we can also have a serious conversation about mental health, particularly the needs of many of the men and women who serve our nation in the military, as well as veterans. It is my strong belief that we can better identify risk factors that often lead to violent behavior and even suicide.
    As Congress continues to debate proposals to responsibly improve our gun laws while also protecting the Second Amendment, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting mywebsite.
    Hmm..Instant background check for Internet sales. Could we ship directly to our houses then? :):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just posted what I could find easily on the forum in case anyone was interested. There are others, but I am too lazy to look for them.

Top Bottom