• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Essentially, whomever is elected, its a win-win (for GOP fans). Donnelly is one of the most "Republican" Democrats out there. I'll vote his way, solely because he won't be a Trump bootlicker.

Donnelly gives nothing but canned, non-answers on constituent queries regarding support and defense for constitutional protection of our right to keep and bear arms.

Donnelly needs to go.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Which Rokita ad? The one where all he's basically saying is that he'll support whatever the president says, or the one where he talks about being pro-2A, while "shooting" an AR?

Donnelly, I believe has a A rating from the NRA, and most conservative principles. If you like the way Trump is running the nation, and think he needs more support to from Congress to implement his plans, Rokita is the guy for you. I, obviously, think the idea of Trump being able to push through more of his policy, generally, would not be in the interest of America.

It's stunningly not difficult to accomplish that feat, it would seem. Should I post some of Donnelly's form letters (well, letter, really - no matter the 2A question, the form-letter response is exactly the same)?

NRA has no real backbone when it comes to down-grading politicians.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Donnelly gives nothing but canned, non-answers on constituent queries regarding support and defense for constitutional protection of our right to keep and bear arms.

Donnelly needs to go.

...and his voting record?
    I think the criticism of a sitting US Senator over his office responding with "canned responses," rather than personal responses seems, at least to me, a bit ridiculous. Joe Donnelly has served in govt a fairly lengthy time, so I would think his voting record would be a better place to start one's criticisms, than his correspondence habits.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have sat and met with Messer and Rokkita in their offices in DC and I prefer Messer after several meetings with both. Rokita is very much out for him first and what will get him elected. Now I will say he does not hide that and is very blunt which some may like. Messer is my rep and I feel he has done a fine job. When I have flown to DC and back many times I have flown with senators and congressman and Rokita is the only one to fly first class the rest sat in coach/ business class even seen Young give up free upgrade to first class on a flight. All politicians for the most part are out to stay in Office so I can understand that. I would vote Rokita over Donnelly obviously but I think Messer could do us a good job. However whether Messer or Rokita they need to hear from a bunch of us to make sure they stay on the right side of the 2nd amendment.

I fly every week (depending on my current client/project location). I book in Economy (coach), and almost always get bumped up to first class. I don't give up my free upgrade, for some misguided "matter-of-principle" reason. I don't see it as any particular mark of integrity if a politician (who is also likely a frequent flyer) chooses to do so, or not to do so.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    ...and his voting record?
    I think the criticism of a sitting US Senator over his office responding with "canned responses," rather than personal responses seems, at least to me, a bit ridiculous. Joe Donnelly has served in govt a fairly lengthy time, so I would think his voting record would be a better place to start one's criticisms, than his correspondence habits.

What voting record would that be?

C'mon, Kut. You know how the US Senate works. Bills live or die before they ever come up for an up-or-down vote. They die in committee. They die in cloture. And none of those machinations ever factor into a politician's official "voting record" for a given issue.

It's the same reason that Harry Reid could have an NRA "A" rating.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What voting record would that be?

C'mon, Kut. You know how the US Senate works. Bills live or die before they ever come up for an up-or-down vote. They die in committee. They die in cloture. And none of those machinations ever factor into a politician's official "voting record" for a given issue.

It's the same reason that Harry Reid could have an NRA "A" rating.

And the same reason all of those A rated republicans in the Indiana legislature will keep their ratings even though they managed to kill constitutional carry and church-school carry this year (so they wouldn't have to go on record one way or the other on them).

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Rokita was the only Senate candidate to show up at the rally at the Statehouse yesterday.

For what that's worth.

I am surprised that the Governor and his pro-gun wife did not show up.

But yes, I am pretty settled on Rokita. Once he wins the primary it will be sad/interesting what the media/dems/progs throw out and do to discredit and trip him up.

There will most likely be enough weak and kneed faint of heart to help re-elect Donnely.

Changing tracks for just a second:

Rokita came in at the last minute - contacted US - almost by surprise - that says something.
    Other candidates and legislatively related folks and such were contacted -
    - some could not attend because we were not going to restrict carry.

That should be enough said. (and not saying anymore on it.)

There were other federal candidates that showed up for Rep Positions - but anyway - that isn't part of the thread.

Now Back your regularly scheduled thread.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Changing tracks for just a second:

Rokita came in at the last minute - contacted US - almost by surprise - that says something.
    Other candidates and legislatively related folks and such were contacted -
    - some could not attend because we were not going to restrict carry.

That should be enough said. (and not saying anymore on it.)

There were other federal candidates that showed up for Rep Positions - but anyway - that isn't part of the thread.

Now Back your regularly scheduled thread.

No, please do continue. Name names.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's a Butter response if I ever saw one. Lots of 'however' in there.

Yeah. I've heard a lot of people online say stuff like, "I'm a gun owner and NRA supporter, but ordinary citizens should NOT have military grade weapons!"

:rolleyes:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I don't mind a canned response form a politician. They get tons of correspondence so they have to have a form letter. That's not my complaint with NY Joe. His canned responses are totally without any form of answer to the question. He tells you both sides of the issue, which we already know, and totally ducks the question of "where do you stand on X?"

He tries to placate with "I'll keep your opinions in mind." which is mealy mouthed bull ****!

It's one thing to send a canned response. Sending a long winded non-answer is quite another.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Listening to Katz's interviews, the one thing that really separates Rokita from Messer and Braun is that he bucked party leadership and voted against the spending bill. A big part of the reason gov't is dysfunctional is because legislators let the leadership throw omnibus bills in front of them that were cooked up in a smokey back room. Legislators who are willing to be rubber stamps are 'ghost employees' worthy of being fired.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Listening to Katz's interviews, the one thing that really separates Rokita from Messer and Braun is that he bucked party leadership and voted against the spending bill. A big part of the reason gov't is dysfunctional is because legislators let the leadership throw omnibus bills in front of them that were cooked up in a smokey back room. Legislators who are willing to be rubber stamps are 'ghost employees' worthy of being fired.

Then you might be interest to actually hear what goes on in those back rooms.
    https://www.thisamericanlife.org/642/the-impossible-dream

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm looking for the least Trumpian, least authoritarian, most reasonably libertarian of the three. I want a sane immigration policy. I want fiscal responsibility. I don't want tariffs. I don't want militarism. I don't want a police state. I certainly don't want gun control, through either legislation or executive order. So a Trump endorsement would tend to be a fairly big negative in my view. I want someone who has the stones to tell Trump to **** off on those issues important to me.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm looking for the least Trumpian, least authoritarian, most reasonably libertarian of the three. I want a sane immigration policy. I want fiscal responsibility. I don't want tariffs. I don't want militarism. I don't want a police state. I certainly don't want gun control, through either legislation or executive order. So a Trump endorsement would tend to be a fairly big negative in my view. I want someone who has the stones to tell Trump to **** off on those issues important to me.

And the Winner is????

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    :dunno:

I don't have long to figure it out though. May 8 is coming up too quickly.

Well, let me know what you come up with because I'm sort of in the same spot. Not really liking any of the 3 but at least Rokita came to the rally Saturday...

Top Bottom