• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well I did say sane. I'm not looking for perfection. I'll vote for the least worst of the three. I just need to figure out the rank ordering in least worse to worst.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm looking for the least Trumpian, least authoritarian, most reasonably libertarian of the three. I want a sane immigration policy. I want fiscal responsibility. I don't want tariffs. I don't want militarism. I don't want a police state. I certainly don't want gun control, through either legislation or executive order. So a Trump endorsement would tend to be a fairly big negative in my view. I want someone who has the stones to tell Trump to **** off on those issues important to me.

Well, I saw Todd put a MAGA hat on at the end of his commercial...

That turned me off pretty quick.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    +1
    If a guy lies on his yard signs, what can you possibly expect if he gets to congress? Oh.... more of the same. Nevermind, carry on.

Where, exactly, is the lie?

Designed (i.e. using different font sizes) to mislead? Yes. Factually incorrect? No.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Intent to mislead == lie.

At least from a Christian perspective; which Todd proudly claims.

I'll buy that.

I think I'm just starting to see Rokita get the Mourdock treatment, with the rather ticky-tack stuff coming out (this sign, the memo, etc.), and I naturally want to push back against it.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I'll buy that.

I think I'm just starting to see Rokita get the Mourdock treatment, with the rather ticky-tack stuff coming out (this sign, the memo, etc.), and I naturally want to push back against it.

I would have had a difficult time between Rokita and Messer back two years ago. Rokita jumping out of his district to the governor's race then slinking back didn't do much for his reputation in my mind. The memo came out about six months ago, and having met Todd, it seems like the way he would have handled things.

I think the most disappointing thing in this whole election is seeing how both Luke and Todd are jumping as fast as they can onto the MAGA bandwagon. Todd isn't jumping, he is straight diving. Luke and Todd were both planning to run for this seat about 4 years ago, how they are doing it is disappointing.

The humorous thing is that as Todd is trying to get as Trumpy as possible, he is the one on the record being "anti-Trump", while Luke just kept his trap shut.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The trending NeverTrumper hate for Rokita is hard to miss, eh?

Are we gonna end up with Donnelly again for the same Mourdock mentality? How's that gone for us?

Has Indiana had hardly any Senatorial vote not get cancelled out by the lib vote in the last six years?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Detractors gonna detract.
    Haters gonna hate.

Politicians gonna politic... :dunno:

As for Donnelly v. Mourdock, I lay that blame squarely at the feet of hardline conservative voters that placed value on rhetoric over competence in primary.

You can't rollback Obamacare or build a wall or repeal NFA if you can't get elected in November.

... however, Trump seemed to smash that rule, so...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I place it firmly at the feet of those who didn't vote for Mourdock...and the Republicans for Donnelly group; those RINOs were flat out traitors.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I place it firmly at the feet of those who didn't vote for Mourdock...and the Republicans for Donnelly group; those RINOs were flat out traitors.

I doubt they consider themselves Republicans. My guess is they prefer to think of themselves as independents.

This may come as a shock to you, but not everyone votes straight ticket every time for the same party. And while you think of them as traitors (to whom?) because they don't press R every time, they think of you as a mindless zombie that votes for whoever isn't 'D'.

I'm just pointing out things. I don't fit into either camp. The opinions expressed are not my own.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I'm just pointing out things. I don't fit into either camp. The opinions expressed are not my own.

Who's opinions are they? SOROS!!!!! JK IS A SOROS PLANT!!!!! :runaway::runaway:

Yeah...I voted for Murdock. I don't like Joe. Never have. I won't vote for him in the general again. I don't know if I would vote for Todd in the general the way he has made a donkey of himself.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I'll vote against Donnelly for whoever wins the primary. I hate the negative ads(mostly from Braun). It's sad that negative ads are todays politics.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Negative ads are a paradox. Everyone says they hate them but the "experts" say they work.

The way these guys answer direct questions about their positions and philosophies, it's no wonder people have to rely on negative ads as a means to vet these people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You blame people who didn’t vote for Mourdock? So then, logically, you would vote for the squishiest liberal Repulican ever, or it’d be your fault the Republican didn’t beat the democrat.

“Republican” isn’t a synonym of conservative. No one betrayed the Republicah tribe. Primary voters picked a fringe candidate who did not have wide appeal. If you need to lay the blame at someone’s feet, it’ll be too diluted to really matter by the time it’s spread out everwhere it belongs. There was a lot more involved than just RINO.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Negative ads are a paradox. Everyone says they hate them but the "experts" say they work.

The way these guys answer direct questions about their positions and philosophies, it's no wonder people have to rely on negative ads as a means to vet these people.

The experts also say defending oneself is a mistake because it confirms the charge. So there’s two things going on. The negative attacks and the, responding to negative attacks passively with “I’m not going to dignify that with a response.” I think the experts are only correct about the former when the candidate does the latter.

When democrats run the usual granny off the cliff add, Republicans need to effectively shove that ad up democrats’ ass.

Top Bottom