• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Can a stock setup like that be done for a Savage 110 long action in 30-06? I really like that setup!! Good job everyone and congrats IGW, I had a feeling you'd do well in the shoot.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Can a stock setup like that be done for a Savage 110 long action in 30-06? I really like that setup!! Good job everyone and congrats IGW, I had a feeling you'd do well in the shoot.

yes. i am pretty sure either CDI or badger ordance make detachable mag bottom metal for a savage long action. the bottom metal will run 200+ and mags run just under 100 bucks.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I was waiting for someone else, but here is the rifle that won it. I say won it because i was NOT in the lead going into the centerfire shoot.

Savage model 10.
    Savage barrel that i removed and reinstalled to tighten up the headspace a bit.
    24 inch 1x10 twist .308
    SSS bolt handle
    roller bearing bolt lift kit installed by me.
    lugs lapped.
    manners t5 stock pillar bedded by yours truly 1 day before the shoot
    CDI bottom metal that takes AI mags
    SSS trigger set to a tad over 2 pounds
    XLR industries cheek piece installed at manners
    NEAR 20 moa steel base
    USO sn3 Tpal scope w/ MDMOA reticle and ergo elevation knob. 3.2-17 power FFP
    Weaver scope mounted bubble level
    USO rings 30mm med highth

savagecomplete.jpg

forgot harris 9-12 swivel w/ leg notches and a pod lock. not in the picture because i took it off so i could dry fire slung up.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I lost alot of time single feeding too. Those 10 round detachables worked great for you and Alan.

thats the great thing about ai mags. i have a 260 (308 base case) on a remington 700 style action, nick has a savage 308. i used his mag to save me some time. i have 2 five rd mags, but one 10 is faster than 2 5's. like wise nick borrowed one of my mags for a upcomming class. point is its nice to have interchangable equipment with your main shooting partner.

(you and darklight get the hint?)

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I will say you guys gave me a lot of good ideas on what to look at when I get the chance to get a new rifle. I highly doubt it will come off of the shelf, other than the action.

I'm still pretty proud of myself as far as my time given the quality of my equipment. Granted it's far from junk, but it's far from the top 2 bolt guns. Although it is rather evident what you get for dollar. I wasn't jealous but envious....I can't call them mine!!!

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    That's what friends are for! He really didn't need to do that, I had 3 loaded mags plus one in the pipe, so I had plenty of ammo. Brownie was just picking up our pile o' brass when Bear Arms Jim was shooting.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I will say you guys gave me a lot of good ideas on what to look at when I get the chance to get a new rifle. I highly doubt it will come off of the shelf, other than the action.

I'm still pretty proud of myself as far as my time given the quality of my equipment. Granted it's far from junk, but it's far from the top 2 bolt guns. Although it is rather evident what you get for dollar. I wasn't jealous but envious....I can't call them mine!!!

ya kind of sucked that you didn't get a chance to give my 260 a dance before out range time got interupted.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    nick

IGW, I tried callin but it was late when I got the msg. Were you thinkin about workin on that Savage of mine for experience? :D or looking for another shooter?
    I'd be tempted to have you do some tweaking after watching yours shoot last week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom