Not open for further replies.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Thanks vette for putting on a great event, everyone was very cool and no one let competing get in the way of having a good time and helping out. The wind killed me in the rimfire, the wind flags were too small to see through my iron sights;)
    It was great to meet all y'all and I had a great time, if you ever do it again sign me up!
    Shameless plug for the Appleseed shoot at atterbury in two weeks if anyone wants to get away from those fancy bipods and scopes!

i thought i could keep the scope:D. actually i bought another cz452 at the shoot to get a sling and give the irons a shot

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i thought i could keep the scope:D. actually i bought another cz452 at the shoot to get a sling and give the irons a shot

i just want to throw it out there, my wife had less misses than you... she had a total of 8 misses, you had a total of 10:D

if anyone else wants more specifics to their times and scores just post it up, and ill post the breakdown as best i can decifer tophats shorthand.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Magazine changes

Next year I'm going with the 10/22 that Tall Boy used and he can shoot his own daggoned 10/22. :D fighting that magazine change In my 77/22 mag prolly cost me 50 seconds. This was my first competition, so clear thinking like single loading when the mag wouldn't drop out never occurred to me. And NEXT year somebody else can go first so I can learn from your mistakes! If I'd single loaded that thing I might have beat the guy with the iron sights:rolleyes:. Of course, he had to fight his way out of that sling to go to the pistol. Next time he'll just roll the gun down flat and play prone pistolero like some of the later shooters chose to do. :):

Whatever the shooter's excuses were, there was no excuse for not having fun. Thanks again to Vette and that lovely pregnant Lady who puts up with him and everybody else who helped make it the blast that it was. We'll all be better prepared next time. Shucks, we might have to have a little get together in Brown County one of these days. 1/2" Lollipops at 75 yds with slingshots to make it challenging!!:D

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    i just want to throw it out there, my wife had less misses than you... she had a total of 8 misses, you had a total of 10:D

if anyone else wants more specifics to their times and scores just post it up, and ill post the breakdown as best i can decifer tophats shorthand.

I'd love to know. I only remember my centerfire round.

How about a link to pick through those pictures?

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I don't care where the next shoot is with you guys....just let me know when and where. I like the shoot for score deal, but I was thinkin like 10 shots for score in 5 minutes or whatever.

Another thing I was thinking was it would be nice to have some pics of everyones rigs, there were some awful nice guns and scopes and such.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I don't care where the next shoot is with you guys....just let me know when and where. I like the shoot for score deal, but I was thinkin like 10 shots for score in 5 minutes or whatever.

Another thing I was thinking was it would be nice to have some pics of everyones rigs, there were some awful nice guns and scopes and such.

we defintaly should have gotten some rifle, handgun pics. i dont know why we didn't. i will say there is not a whole lot of places left in the world that you can leave 20,000:dunno: dollars worth of rifles laying 100 yds from the road for a hour or so with noone out there

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I didn't even think of that, your absolutely right. Nice to know you have good neighbors!!! But then again, you have to have some monster cahonies to go steal guns from a bunch of gun guys....

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Huah!

I didn't even think of that, your absolutely right. Nice to know you have good neighbors!!! But then again, you have to have some monster cahonies to go steal guns from a bunch of gun guys....

We coulda laid down accurate suppressive fire from all the .22 pistols laying by the barn.:rolleyes::): :draw: If anybody bothered to pick up a 10/22 the thieves woulda been meat.:D Repeatedly!:rockwoot:

I'm still smiling from all the fun. Somebody buy my Savage in the Classifieds. I got 4 lowers comin' that need parts.:ar15:

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    we defintaly should have gotten some rifle, handgun pics. i dont know why we didn't. i will say there is not a whole lot of places left in the world that you can leave 20,000:dunno: dollars worth of rifles laying 100 yds from the road for a hour or so with noone out there

who says no one was there? :shady:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Awesome pictures! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Is the camera playing tricks or is that guy REALLY that tall?! Holy moley!
    DSCF0127.jpg

That's My boy! 6'9" when his bare feet hit the floor in the morning. The basketball program lists him at 6'10" and I expect he is in his shoes. the pic does stretch him a bit, I think.:): I was a proud parent last Sunday.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Well, I can explain the "stretching".....those of us in the background aren't much over 5'10".....I'm 5'7" when the tide is going out (I'm standing next to Brian, you can barely see me) and Brian there in the green Carhartt is the tallest and he is short of 6'......just saying.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Gentry
    rimfire rife/pistol times were
    54.34 plus 12 misses 10 on rifle 2 on pistol bringing your total to

rifle time was 92.87 plus one miss totaling 102.89

Status
    Not open for further replies.