Not open for further replies.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting_sports/109547-ingo_3_gun_shoot_on_my_farm.html

ok we have a date. here is the kicker, i may have to cancel it last minute. i doubt it but if by some chance it would get warm enough and dry enough to plant i would have to cancel last minute. in all the years we have farmed i dont remember ever planting that early but that has to take priority over the shoot if it would happen. with my schedule of weddings this is the only date that will work.

im going to limit it to 20ish people. this will be pretty informal, ill bring some chilly or sloppy joes for lunch bring a bag of chips and some drinks cookies or ?. no alcohol what so ever until shooting is over.

any gun is welcome full auto needs to be supressed.

ill have a couple shooting mats or bring your own if you would rather. we are going to make rifle shots off front rest of some sort (ill be using a bipod) and no rear support besides your hand.

rimfire shots will be @ 200yds on a 6 inch plate.

the centerfire shots will be @ 725 on a torso target.

the pistol shots will be on various shapes and sizes of steel targets at ranges up to about 20 yds.

on this shoot a hit on steel is a bullseye. you will be timed on putting 10rds on steel @ 725, 10 rds at 200 and 10ish rds with a pistol. also we are going to work out a x second addition for a miss. what the addition is is still up in the air so voice your opinion

im going to do unlimited sighters but i do ask that you bring rifles that are sighted in @ some range. i reallize most cant come out with real world 700 dope, but come sighted in @ what ever range you can to save some time.

things we will need is spotting scopes. i have one that will be out there but a few would not be a bad thing.

also if somone can bring a timer that would be great. with the number of shooters im limiting it to timed events will be shot one at a time. the sight in period may be multiple shooters.

traffic in the field will be limited to me on the gator and toting folks and equipment back and forth.

so things to bring

centerfire rifle with ammo. you may need 10 rds you may need 100 ill let you judge. i do know its impossible to have to many.

rimfire rifle with ammo

pistol with ammo

eyes and ears

drinks and whatever else you decide to bring.

clothing approtrate for the day. i will be shooting rain or shine.

dirrections will be given prior to the shoot by pm

also this shoot will probably turn into a free for all after the scores are said and done. no tannerite and full auto will be limited to suppressed full auto. if i fill up on spaces ill do a stand by list. please do not sign up unless you are relitavly certain you can attend. this is first come first serve. im sure ill update this as i go to add stuff i forgot. please sign up by pm to me and posting up. and ask questions not addressed by posting up, im sure i forgot somthing and dont want to answer the same question repeatedly

already signed up

1) indygunworks

2) mrs indygunworks

3) redneckmedic

4) peloe16

5) cpt caveman

6) turnandshoot4

7) darklight

8) oneshotonekill

9) brownie

10) beararms jim

11) deadly z driver

12) usmcdjb

13) tophats daughter

14) tophats daughters friend

15) csaws

16) csaws +1

17) jrainw

18) Patience0830

19) faceplant

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i just remembered the first thing i forgot.

some folks may say "id love to go but i dont have x gun for that stage." anyone who wants to shoot and needs a loner ill lone you my rifle for the cost of the ammo you shoot.

ill have a

stiller 260 for the long range
    cz 452 for the rimfire
    glock 17l for the pistol.

im sure others will make the same offer if need be

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    RNM is in, and can loan out a 243 and 308 along with a savage mark II BTVLS 22lr and G19, however you must supply your own factory ammo to borrow.

Last edited:

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    I can bring another spotting scope. Not of the best quality but hey may be better than nothing. Just wondering is any "rimfire" ok or is it 22 LR only? Looking forward to meeting all of you and having a good shoot:rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I'm in I can bring a spotting scope! should have my Mosin set up for long range next week so hopefully I can sight it in longer than the 100 Atterbury has. If anyone knows where I might be able to do this on the south side let me know!

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    if its ok, i'm gonna back my name off the list, but replace it with my daughter and her friend. they are both GOOD rifle shooters so dont be surprised if some of the guys get beat by girls. both will shoot 22lr and a 243. i'll still bring timer, 2 spotting scopes, a mat, and a easy up if inclimate weather. hope this is acceptable.....daryll

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom