• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Get an app to help track calories. Then track your calories. I believe it starting slow and setting small goals. Set a calorie goal, a realistic one. Then stick to it.

I lost 20lbs this year over the course of 4 months. Then kept it off. Hope to do another 10 this year.

I think the worst thing you can do is starve yourself, drop a bunch a weight, then return to normal habits and gain it all back. It shouldn't just be a diet, it must be a lifestyle change.

Good luck
    That's what I did before - calorie tracker...

The one I like is called 'MyFitnessPal' and you can add friends on there and view their progress etc... It's very neat - I believe I'm 'MikeDVB' if anybody wants to add me - I'll set it back up now.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Get an app to help track calories. Then track your calories. I believe it starting slow and setting small goals. Set a calorie goal, a realistic one. Then stick to it.

I lost 20lbs this year over the course of 4 months. Then kept it off. Hope to do another 10 this year.

I think the worst thing you can do is starve yourself, drop a bunch a weight, then return to normal habits and gain it all back. It shouldn't just be a diet, it must be a lifestyle change.

Good luck
    do you have a good app?

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I'm in, as well as starting on Wednesday. Going to have to start hitting the gym at the ungodly hour of 3:30am to fit it in to my day, but alas, such is the sacrifice. I've done this once before (lost over 100 lbs, ended up gaining it back over 8 years of stress), I can do it again.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yeah, I'm in. I'm grossly over weight and out of shape and have been telling myself to do something about it for years. It's my fault and only I can bring myself out of this physical atrocity.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    At least 50 each morning and same thing before bed.
    pushup.gif

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I believe many of those apps let you create groups and keep accountability stuff that way. Plus you don't have to post on a public forum things you'd rather not.

my favorite time at IU in the student recreation complex was from january 1 until spring break. It was located immediately behind the majority of sororities. If you needed more motivation to workout than that, you were just destined to be obese :)

Another plug for My fitness Pal.

Top Bottom