• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    you can start whenever you would like, my family was cutting out sugar starting the 1st, so I figure I'll just start my life change then to!

I'm just doing the first because it's a nice starting point. That and it lets me pig out a little when we hit the movies tomorrow. :popcorn:

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I'm so glad christmas is over so I am not working as much overtime at work. Time to get back to the gym. Last year at this time I weighed right at 354 lbs, right now I am down to about 330, not anywhere close to where I want to be, but at least I am a lot healthier that last year. Working 3rd shift has completely screwed up my "get in shape" plan, however, it helps quite a bit that I walk 12 to 15 miles a night at work. Now I just need to get my diet back under control and start hitting hard on cardio work at the gym. I want to be around 280 by summer.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'm in, MFP id is jrose1313. About a year and half ago I was ~415lbs , I'm down to about 340 now, no "dieting" I just really started to watch portion size, and over the last couple months I've been less concious about that. I want to get back in shape.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Hate to break it to you but you're going to die anyway. Twigs and berries or tacos, you still die. Plenty of "healthy" people drop dead everyday.
    Sorry to break it to you - but I don't always use purple.

That said - if you plan on being negative - go be negative somewhere else.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If you have the patience, Weight Watchers can be great. My wife has dropped almost 75 pounds in 3 years. Now its the fat bald guy walking around with the hot skinny chic.

I'm in for this. Here are my stats and what I have accomplished so far. July 2011 I weighed 348 pounds. June 2013 I was at 310. But I am stuck there. I have been eating better for the last month, but still need to drop 100 pounds. I am joining a 24 hr gym and will be stopping in for a workout on my way home from work at 3am, 3 times a week.

I track myself with a Wii Fit. Looks like I've lost some more. Here is my official INGO starting point.

20131229_125450_zpsbd7bf7cf.jpg

If you are losing weight by diet alone and but still fairly sedentary, BMI is "ok" to use. However, if you are building muscle while losing fat (more muscle actually helps burn fat) then BMI is useless. I bought calipers to measure my fat content, it's not perfect either but much more accurate than BMI. Example: At 40yrs old, I am 6'2" and 250lbs. BMI puts me at 32.1 which is OBESE. They say,"For your height, a normal weight range would be from 144 to 194 pounds." In reality, my body fat is around 17%ish which means I carry 205lbs of muscle alone. There is no way in hell I could EVER get below 200lbs. I did once about 8 years ago, I took a diet pill (now illegal) that brought my weight down to 198lbs. I got yelled at by my wife because I started looking so sickly (my eyes were even getting sunken in). I cannot imagine a time where 6'2" and 144lbs is considered healthy. My point is, do not put too much thought into BMI, rather, how you feel, how your clothes fit, and how you look. Take before and after pics because the changes are gradual enough that you will not notice them.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    What calipers did you pick up? I'd like to get an accurate measure of my estimated body fat % to give me a feel for how much muscle I have as I plan on lifting/working out as well.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Similar to above, starting Biggest Loser on 6th. I'm bmbutch on MFP.

The weight is catching up to me, knees & hips hurt, can't tie shoes & breath. Stress eater extraordinaire, have to learn how to control that. Guess I'm in!

Top Bottom