Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Maintenance Day and hydration day!
    (aka massage day :woot:)

Hopefully this, coupled with this cleanse, will produce epic results.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Well my love handles are going away! I was in the school of thought that since I was skinny I was healthy. Then I really looked at my life, eating junk, being lathargic. I would come home eat too much bad food for dinner then plop down on the couch and by 8:30 I would be struggling to keep my eyes open! But since the new year I had a better diet and exercise and now feel great and energetic all night long. Also getting compliments from the wifey never gets old!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Day 7 of 10 of the cleanse:
    Down a notch on the belt!:woot:
    Rest and hydration day as yesterday's massage continues to set in.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    I just found this thread, have never played in the break room before. This is a great thread..
    I am 33yo. This time last year, I smoked almost two packs a day, laughed at people who exercised, could not complete five pushups, couldn't run if you paid me and weighed 240lbs. I finally decided I didn't want to die young and was tired of being tired all the time with no motivation. I quit smoking(6 months now) cut out all pop and sugary drinks, all sweets with rare exceptions, eat light and healthy for breakfast and lunch and limit my dinners to one plate. If I need a snack,I grab fruit. I started walking, then jogging and am now running 5 miles in forty minutes(8 minute mile pace) every other day. I have lost 70lbs, and am now down to 165 and have maintained that weight for three months. I am doing 100 pushups(in 4 sets, over 5 minutes, not continuous yet). I have reached my weight loss goals and am in better shape than any time in my life. I am wanting to begin some strength training and build some muscle now, but weights are expensive! Would like to join a gym but a monthly payment is iffy right now. Anyway, wish i had seen this thread a long time ago, I am now the only one in my group of friends and family to be into fitness and I have not had anyone to support, or share my victories with.Just wanted to join in and share my story.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I just found this thread, have never played in the break room before. This is a great thread..
    I am 33yo. This time last year, I smoked almost two packs a day, laughed at people who exercised, could not complete five pushups, couldn't run if you paid me and weighed 240lbs. I finally decided I didn't want to die young and was tired of being tired all the time with no motivation. I quit smoking(6 months now) cut out all pop and sugary drinks, all sweets with rare exceptions, eat light and healthy for breakfast and lunch and limit my dinners to one plate. If I need a snack,I grab fruit. I started walking, then jogging and am now running 5 miles in forty minutes(8 minute mile pace) every other day. I have lost 70lbs, and am now down to 165 and have maintained that weight for three months. I am doing 100 pushups(in 4 sets, over 5 minutes, not continuous yet). I have reached my weight loss goals and am in better shape than any time in my life. I am wanting to begin some strength training and build some muscle now, but weights are expensive! Would like to join a gym but a monthly payment is iffy right now. Anyway, wish i had seen this thread a long time ago, I am now the only one in my group of friends and family to be into fitness and I have not had anyone to support, or share my victories with.Just wanted to join in and share my story.

:yesway:Glad you chose a healthier lifestyle. Keep up the good work. There are a lot of exercises using gravity and/or everyday items out there until you build up the funds. Yard sales are a way to build your home gym too.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Day 7 of 10 of the cleanse:
    Down a notch on the belt!:woot:
    Rest and hydration day as yesterday's massage continues to set in.

Let me know how this goes... I won't start mine for another month or two. I'll be working out of town (south side of Indy) and really don't want to do this on the road. When things slow down and I'm back home I'll give it a try.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Let me know how this goes... I won't start mine for another month or two. I'll be working out of town (south side of Indy) and really don't want to do this on the road. When things slow down and I'm back home I'll give it a try.

If you're curious, the 1st time I did this I considered it an experiment :tinfoil:. My 1st post of the 1st time taking this was post #1062.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I need some help, I need to add some healthy-high calories food to my diet. It will be for my 10 and 3 o clock snacks/small meal. It needs to be something fairly simple to eat at work I.e. Hand held,no heating and minimal ingredients. I'm all out of ideals after granola bars and mixed nuts.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I need some help, I need to add some healthy-high calories food to my diet. It will be for my 10 and 3 o clock snacks/small meal. It needs to be something fairly simple to eat at work I.e. Hand held,no heating and minimal ingredients. I'm all out of ideals after granola bars and mixed nuts.

Dried cranberries are a staple of mine. Throw them into a cup of yogurt. Awesome.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I really like the Hormel Revs. Prepackaged, they do require refrigeration, but I take em to work every day and eat them by 11:00 am, and just leave em in my lunch box, un-refridgerated. I've tried quite a few of them, but my favorite is the #10 turkey and cheese. 210 calories, 16 grams of protein, and 9 grams of fat.

I'm the kind of guy that can eat the same thing, day after day, if it's half way decent, my lunch and break snacks for the last year or so has consisted of a rev, a pack of lance crackers, a pb and j sandwich on wheat, and a can of starkist tuna.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Invest in 2 25lbs dumbbells. That's where you start (lighter if that's too much, heavier if not). Start your workouts at 3 sets of each exercise. Since you're new, don't bother with splits, go full body.
    Over head press 3 x 10
    Squat 3 x 10
    Curl 3 x 10 (both arms, total 20 reps)
    Lunges 4 x 10
    Press 3 x 10
    If you still have strength, 3 x pushups to failure
    Rest 30 seconds between sets, 2 minutes between exercises

Follow program until you can do 25 reps, in each set of each exercise..... then buy the next weight up

Program is a M, W, F... T, TR do your cardio. Sat and Sun rest, and count calories ( no need on other days, because what eat is what you probably need to grow stronger.... well assuming you're not eating 3500+ calories)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I really like the Hormel Revs. Prepackaged, they do require refrigeration, but I take em to work every day and eat them by 11:00 am, and just leave em in my lunch box, un-refridgerated. I've tried quite a few of them, but my favorite is the #10 turkey and cheese. 210 calories, 16 grams of protein, and 9 grams of fat.

I'm the kind of guy that can eat the same thing, day after day, if it's half way decent, my lunch and break snacks for the last year or so has consisted of a rev, a pack of lance crackers, a pb and j sandwich on wheat, and a can of starkist tuna.

Hormel meals are PACKED with sodium which allows for water retention. Not horribly bad overall, but something to keep an eye on.

Edit: oh wait, disregard. I just recognized you were talking about the snack packages

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Man you have to look very hard to find anything besides fresh food that's not packed with sodium. Surely there is other was to preserve or make food with out tons of sodium.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If you like tuna, it doesn't get much easier than that, and the protein content versus everything else is about as good as it gets as well. I eat it straight out of the can, and sometimes, like on weight lifting days, I'll eat 2 or 3 cans at work.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Ya, tuna is already a big staple in my diet. I guess I should of stated that I need ideas that are out the oridinary or something I'm not thinking of.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yeah dude.....eat clean. That means buy fresh and make/eat it. Pre-packaged stuff is garbage (for the most part) and it's the reason for a lot of US health issues.

Here's what I made and have been eating this week:
    12744052_10105014545322857_1029223972932392101_n.jpg 12717313_10105014545467567_1542570844325902740_n.jpg

Man you have to look very hard to find anything besides fresh food that's not packed with sodium. Surely there is other was to preserve or make food with out tons of sodium.

Top Bottom