• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    If you want some more to try on I'm getting ready to serve a few nests an eviction notice. With a 2x4. I'm fine with them nesting in the trees and such but my house is a big no. I had to build a cage around my HVAC duct on the side of the house. Little greasy, jabroni's would clog it up with there disgusting nests.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    He tried medicine once, it was like the show Scrubs, but real life.

Doc, where is that video of you with the ultrasound? :haha:

Sorry to hear about Dick, but I told you he was Nightwing instead. Next time go with Damian Qayne, NOT to be confused Damian Wayan.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Good work, Doc! Although, the photos show it seems to have its mouth open quite a lot, and seems to get loud when hungry, so it’s probably a female. You might want to pick a new name.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A pair of very energetic Robins built a nest on our covered deck right over where the spouse likes to set. I caught it early and discarded it.

Little crap wagons moved to the opposite side of the deck and re-built. I did not catch this on before there were a pair (I think 2 in it) of eggs. I moved the nest under the eave and lodged it between the downspout and the siding. Pretty secure. They found it and are tending to it.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Had a similar issue last year. Little noisy ball of fluff in the middle of the yard. Thought it came from the nest on the porch perlins, so stuck it back in there. Nope, about an hour later it had been kicked out by whomever was in charge up there, more screaming ball of fluff in the yard, again.

So picked it up and kept it in a box. Fed it pureed dry cat food and applesauce mix over the next couple of weeks. Then it wanted to fly, sorta. More like kamikaze around the small bathroom just to irritate the cats. So took it outside for some fresh air. It seemed to like the potted guava tree on the porch , so ok. No, no, not so ok! Little turd generator wanted on my finger, my head, my shoulder. Aarrggh!

Weeelll, if we're going to get rid of this dude might as well teach it how to survive on it's own(yeah, right). So, on the finger and out to the yard we go, hunting grasshoppers. Little tiny ones. Birdie decides it wants more of those, yes siree bob, tasty stuff! Over the course of about two weeks bird follows me around the yard whilst I scare up bugs and hoppers and to feed her(yep a dependent female). S-l-o-w-l-y she get the idea that she can grab the the bugs instead of me feeding her. About this time we're running out of the tasty yard goodies so off to the store for some meal worms. Bird really digs these and proceeds to scarf them up real quick like. Back to the store for more.

This goes on for a while and eventually she decides that there are other birds in the trees. Reality, what a concept. She starts spending her nights with her new friends but comes back to me for worms, catfood goop and fun chasing even bigger bugs in the yard. Then all of a sudden one day, poof gone.

Seems all the little one fly the coop eventually. Good luck Doc. And no she hasn't returned for anything this year. Kind of a bummer.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom