• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    We've got paramedics that do not want to set foot in there, say it feels very unsecure. I've heard the sheriff's office has similar thoughts, I wonder if something will change now or if it will just be more of the same.

I was shocked to hear the IMPD talking head say that the prosecutor's office had already been to the scene. Dang near fell over when they said that, perhaps hell has frozen over and piece of $hit might actually face justice? Or maybe mears realizes he should try this case since the entire thing was on video and he's dangerously close to a mutiny?
    Mears likes Sheriff Forestal because he is a Democrat. Prosecution might actually occur.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Mears likes Sheriff Forestal because he is a Democrat. Prosecution might actually occur.

I wondered if that was why they trotted out Forestal at the beginning of the press conference.

There was quite a bit of emphasis put on the fact that Deputy Durm has a lot of family and friends across this community and specifically in law enforcement. From the way the IMPD brass was making their statements, as a casual observer, I felt they were drawing a clear line in the sand that even the inept prosecutor might be able to grasp. This is a death penalty case. There is no other acceptable resolution to what has happened here; this is a death penalty case. Enough is enough.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wondered if that was why they trotted out Forestal at the beginning of the press conference.

There was quite a bit of emphasis put on the fact that Deputy Durm has a lot of family and friends across this community and specifically in law enforcement. From the way the IMPD brass was making their statements, as a casual observer, I felt they were drawing a clear line in the sand that even the inept prosecutor might be able to grasp. This is a death penalty case. There is no other acceptable resolution to what has happened here; this is a death penalty case. Enough is enough.
    If two murders within a year isnt a death penalty case, I dont know what is.

if not we can only hope for a Gary Plauche' type solution.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Why was a murder suspect able to strangle a deputy if the perp was properly restrained? Sounds like a no-no right there. Belly chain and cuffs that do not allow for the suspect to touch their other hand or cuffed in front with hinge cuffs locked to a belly chain / belt is standard protocol at least in Hamilton County. Maybe the transports in Marion County operate differently?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

The death penalty might be requested because of the Sheriff's "D" political party. But Mears is wellnknown for rescinding it and offering life w/o parole plea deals without consulting with family.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    If two murders within a year isnt a death penalty case, I dont know what is.

if not we can only hope for a Gary Plauche' type solution.

I'm hoping the perp doesn't have an Epstein moment and suicide himself. Caused me to wonder when the press conference mentioned the murderer would be 'moved to a facility' but failed to mention which one...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm hoping the perp doesn't have an Epstein moment and suicide himself. Caused me to wonder when the press conference mentioned the murderer would be 'moved to a facility' but failed to mention which one...
    At this point, I dont care if he offs himself. In the end its all the same. And he'll save us all a ton of cash between his 3 hots and cot and his defense appeals for the next 10 years trying to keep him out of the "chair".

Its not like he needs to avoid the feet first woodchipper horror he deserves.

Yeah, I know its not very Christ like of me. But im kinda in a Matthew 21:12 mood right now.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I can understand those who have questioned the manner in which this POS was being transported, I really can. However, I knew this man from my years working at MCSD (MCSO now) and I'm confident he wouldn't have been outside department standard operating procedures.
    I can recall 20+ years ago we used to transport people charged with all kinds of felony's including murder, with just one hand cuffed to another inmate on a chain string of 20 people. Or walking an inmate dressed in plain clothes with no cuffs to the court room for trial to not have the appearance of being in custody. Then having to watch them throughout the trial because they couldn't be cuffed or shackled in any manner.... Even a couple who killed police officers.
    So, again I get why some here are questioning the manner he was transported and secured. While I agree it may result in some better practices, let's not put any blame on anyone but the POS that committed this intentional act of violence.
    I just hope we will see some true justice for a change.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    This is the same POS that killed his baby mama because of he couldn’t see his kid then she wasn’t going to either.
    Let’s use the same shackle to choke this POS. If this Deputy can’t live then neither should he.

And previously, he was charged with a variety of things, but Mears let him plea bargain down to one minor charge, and for which he served ONE DAY in jail. If he hadn't gotten such a slap on the wrist, both his baby mama and the Sheriff would likely still be alive.

I'm baffled how Mears was re-elected. One can only assume that people don't want violent criminals to be in jail.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    For those keeping score, the suspect was originally arrested for a domestic violence murder outside of a day care. He shot at police with a rifle during his apprehension and was hit by police, which is why he was being taken for ongoing medical care. He's now accused of kiling a deputy.

I don't see how this isn't a death penalty case at this point, but we'll see. I'm going to leave at that and probably just steer clear of this thread from here on out.

Before all of that, he was arrested for a variety of domestic violence charges, for which he served ONE day in jail, and the rest of the charges were dropped.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    But having jumped from 23,000 I can tell you he will have a LOT of time to think about his life choices. I had around 2 minutes of free fall.
    I don't think thinking is this ones strongest skill.

Maybe tie him to the prop of the plane, tie his male parts to something that will rip em off as he is forced to jump... well now we are talking.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    MCSO is the largest Sheriff Office in Indiana but they are one of the lower paid. The donut counties all make more. Hard to keep staff when we train them and they can go somewhere else and make better money
    And the only Sheriff Office with no Merit Deputies. I know the Sheriff is correcting that but it seems silly to LETB certify them only to see them flee quicker to higher paid police departments. But hey, I was a happy Deputy until Anderson blew it up.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I was shocked to hear the IMPD talking head say that the prosecutor's office had already been to the scene. Dang near fell over when they said that, perhaps hell has frozen over and piece of $hit might actually face justice? Or maybe mears realizes he should try this case since the entire thing was on video and he's dangerously close to a mutiny?
    Don't be too shocked, I believe this was an IMPD CIRT response and a deputy prosecutor is part of it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    And the only Sheriff Office with no Merit Deputies. I know the Sheriff is correcting that but it seems silly to LETB certify them only to see them flee quicker to higher paid police departments. But hey, I was a happy Deputy until Anderson blew it up.
    Frank Anderson took a cash payoff that convinced him to **** over both IPD and MCSD. And the deputies that stayed have been getting ****ed over ever since. But "there's no room for politics in law enforcement."

Top Bottom