• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It looked like there were some decent Walther PP/PPks there, wonder what they went for?
    I’m going to try to scribble down the selling price on the ones on here for anyway. I’ll update later, or if somethings really ridiculous I’ll post it

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I’m going to try to scribble down the selling price on the ones on here for anyway. I’ll update later, or if somethings really ridiculous I’ll post it

Just go back to the Christies page at the end of the day and all the prices will be posted.. Save your fingers

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I had completely forgotten about this auction but someone posted a link to it in another thread and I got there just in time to find a pistol I'd been searching for for the last three or four years and fortunately I was already registered. Otherwise I'd never have gotten in quick enough to bid. Got one of the few 'good' deals of the day imho,......a fair condition Hopkins & Allen 5 Shot Pocket Revolver cal. 38. Normally would top out at a hundred bucks, but this is a Merwin & Hulbert(made by H&A)and the first one I've come across that hammered at under a grand. I've actually had one on my mind ever since seeing one in a local museum when I was a kid,.......probably 45yrs ago,.......so yeah, thanks for the link. Made my day!

Condition-wise it's nothing special with quite a bit of nickel loss, but it appears solid and shootable with undamaged grips. It'll fill that hole in my soul and it'll go to the range without any regrets.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I had completely forgotten about this auction but someone posted a link to it in another thread and I got there just in time to find a pistol I'd been searching for for the last three or four years and fortunately I was already registered. Otherwise I'd never have gotten in quick enough to bid. Got one of the few 'good' deals of the day imho,......a fair condition Hopkins & Allen 5 Shot Pocket Revolver cal. 38. Normally would top out at a hundred bucks, but this is a Merwin & Hulbert(made by H&A)and the first one I've come across that hammered at under a grand. I've actually had one on my mind ever since seeing one in a local museum when I was a kid,.......probably 45yrs ago,.......so yeah, thanks for the link. Made my day!

Condition-wise it's nothing special with quite a bit of nickel loss, but it appears solid and shootable with undamaged grips. It'll fill that hole in my soul and it'll go to the range without any regrets.

Congrads that was wonderful little pistol.. have you tried breaking it open yet.?? How is the vacuum still??

Is not the Hopkins & Allen story one of the great ones.. For the most part they are looked at as makers of cheap not so good firearms.. Yet they were owned and produced for Merwin & Hulbert who are renown for some of the best engineered firearms of the later 1800s.. So Kool...

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I won the item I wanted, not cheap, but I am pretty tickled!

It is a US Model of 1840 Musket, that was first altered to the Maynard tape priming system on a US government contract, and then altered a second time to the normal percussion cap system in New Orleans on a Confederate government contract. Only 200 of them ever existed.

https://christys.hibid.com/lot/59164528/d--nippes--1848-mill-creek-pa-69-cal--percussion?cpage=5

Here is an example of one that sold previously on a dealer site that gives more detail on the history of these:

RARE CONFEDERATE NIPPES ? MAYNARD ALTERED MUSKET BY NEW ORLEANS GUNSMITH P. BOURON & SONS ? Horse Soldier

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    This was a spur-of-the-moment online purchase,....only found the gun minutes before the auction went live. Didn't even have time to check out the process but figured "how bad can the buyers' premium be?" and ballparked it at 20%. Didn't even have a top bid in mind when I started but after punching at the $300 point it was gonna go somewhere else if "Franklin, IN" went up another increment. So if I run down to Indy next week to pick it up I'll be in it for around $375,......which is half what I offered in a losing bid for a parts gun a year ago.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I won the item I wanted, not cheap, but I am pretty tickled!

It is a US Model of 1840 Musket, that was first altered to the Maynard tape priming system on a US government contract, and then altered a second time to the normal percussion cap system in New Orleans on a Confederate government contract. Only 200 of them ever existed.

https://christys.hibid.com/lot/59164528/d--nippes--1848-mill-creek-pa-69-cal--percussion?cpage=5

Here is an example of one that sold previously on a dealer site that gives more detail on the history of these:

RARE CONFEDERATE NIPPES ? MAYNARD ALTERED MUSKET BY NEW ORLEANS GUNSMITH P. BOURON & SONS ? Horse Soldier

Very nice always the best to be able to see something before hand and then get it.. How well do you think that will clean up for you??.. there were a good number of the guns that needed a good old fashion overhaul..

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Very nice always the best to be able to see something before hand and then get it.. How well do you think that will clean up for you??.. there were a good number of the guns that needed a good old fashion overhaul..

I think it is going to clean up very well, it actually looks much better in person than it does in the photos. I think they must have used a pretty bright light box for the photos, makes things visible in the pics that the eye doesn't pick up in normal light. I was glad I got to see it in person, I bid higher than I would have otherwise. I thought someone may have used naval jelly on it from the photos, but not so.

It does have a fair amount of burnout of the wood behind the hammer, but that is indicative of a lot of use. I don't mind that in a historic military arm, and it is all there without anything replaced. Correct proofs and cartouches for the maker, even the ramrod is correct.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I think it is going to clean up very well, it actually looks much better in person than it does in the photos. I think they must have used a pretty bright light box for the photos, makes things visible in the pics that the eye doesn't pick up in normal light. I was glad I got to see it in person, I bid higher than I would have otherwise. I thought someone may have used naval jelly on it from the photos, but not so.

It does have a fair amount of burnout of the wood behind the hammer, but that is indicative of a lot of use. I don't mind that in a historic military arm, and it is all there without anything replaced. Correct proofs and cartouches for the maker, even the ramrod is correct.

It is the White Back ground they use for the photos.. It makes the light reflect more off the background..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I picked up a FEG AP-MBP (7.65/32 acp) and was happy with the price, but I'm having a helluva time finding any info on these things. They're basically a .32 acp version of their PA-63 (9x18 makarov). One article I saw said they were used by the Hungarian police from 1950 to 1957, but then I've found others that said they were made in the 1990's. The only reason I want to know is to see if I need to log it in my C&R book. I'm guessing I don't. It's not listed in the ATF handbook either, nor are any of the FEG guns. This one has no import marks and looks to be in great condition. I'd have preferred it be a little older (aka "historic") but will still make a fun little shooter. DA trigger pull is pretty stout so I may check Wolff to see if they make a lighter spring set for it.

It was lot #69.

This is the site that had the 1950-1957 date reference, but I'm not sure it's reliable. I was under the impression that the FEGs (at least the PA-63's) were later - like in the 1990's.

Top Bottom