• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I picked up a FEG AP-MBP (7.65/32 acp) and was happy with the price, but I'm having a helluva time finding any info on these things. They're basically a .32 acp version of their PA-63 (9x18 makarov). One article I saw said they were used by the Hungarian police from 1950 to 1957, but then I've found others that said they were made in the 1990's. The only reason I want to know is to see if I need to log it in my C&R book. I'm guessing I don't. It's not listed in the ATF handbook either, nor are any of the FEG guns. This one has no import marks and looks to be in great condition. I'd have preferred it be a little older (aka "historic") but will still make a fun little shooter. DA trigger pull is pretty stout so I may check Wolff to see if they make a lighter spring set for it.

It was lot #69.

This is the site that had the 1950-1957 date reference, but I'm not sure it's reliable. I was under the impression that the FEGs (at least the PA-63's) were later - like in the 1990's.

Was that the pistol that you made your poor little Grand child bid on after you dirtied up his clothes and deshovoled his hair?? You were right no one bids against a little kid when they are bidding.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Was that the pistol that you made your poor little Grand child bid on after you dirtied up his clothes and deshovoled his hair?? You were right no one bids against a little kid when they are bidding.

Haha! I told DoggyMama what you were trying to talk me into. She got a good laugh out of that! :):

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    More I read about those FEG's they seem to be more Police turn in guns then Mill surp, I would love to hear a production number when you hit one..

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I picked up a FEG AP-MBP (7.65/32 acp) and was happy with the price, but I'm having a helluva time finding any info on these things. They're basically a .32 acp version of their PA-63 (9x18 makarov). One article I saw said they were used by the Hungarian police from 1950 to 1957, but then I've found others that said they were made in the 1990's. The only reason I want to know is to see if I need to log it in my C&R book. I'm guessing I don't. It's not listed in the ATF handbook either, nor are any of the FEG guns. This one has no import marks and looks to be in great condition. I'd have preferred it be a little older (aka "historic") but will still make a fun little shooter. DA trigger pull is pretty stout so I may check Wolff to see if they make a lighter spring set for it.

It was lot #69.

This is the site that had the 1950-1957 date reference, but I'm not sure it's reliable. I was under the impression that the FEGs (at least the PA-63's) were later - like in the 1990's.

Have you seen this one?
    FEG AP-BMP Pistols Hungarian Weapons

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Yes, I did see that one. That was one that conflicted with the one I found that said it was used between 1950 and 1957. I think it's safe to assume that it's not C&R eligible.

For some reason the "FEG Budapest " stamp would be very cool

FegAPMBPlegend.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is Lot 35, it followed me home. I've ordered a correct reproduction holster (Cavalry draw with 3/4 flap) and some REALLY expensive .45 auto rim ammo.

From what I've been able to research this one was born in 1918. It was (one of 10,163 S&Ws) rebuilt in the Springfield Armory in Fiscal Year 1941.

bL67t2D.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This is Lot 35, it followed me home. I've ordered a correct reproduction holster (Cavalry draw with 3/4 flap) and some REALLY expensive .45 auto rim ammo.

From what I've been able to research this one was born in 1918. It was (one of 10,163 S&Ws) rebuilt in the Springfield Armory in Fiscal Year 194

bL67t2D.jpg

Great Pickup!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Great Pickup!

That means a lot coming from a connoisseur of older handguns, Leadeye. Thank you much.

The history behind these guns is really what made me take a trip to the south side today. 1917: we just got into WWI and didn't have enough of the really new handguns we switched to in 1911... what was it called... OH YEAH, the 1911!!

(Before it was .gov), the government said, "Hey S&W and Colt, can ya help your Country out? We need a revolver that can shoot this cool, new .45 acp. This new-fangled semi-auto 1911 is cool, but Black-Jack Pershing wants everybody to have a handgun and them 1911s are hard to make." Both said, "Oh hell yes! We got the 2nd Generation Hand-Ejector and the New Service, NO PROBLEM! Wait a minute, .45 acp is rimless, ejecting from a revolver ain't gonna work. Oh snap! Half-moon clips!!"

These guns were officially in service until 1954.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

From what I've been able to research this one was born in 1918. It was (one of 10,163 S&Ws) rebuilt in the Springfield Armory in Fiscal Year 1941.

bL67t2D.jpg

Damn thats a nice, I remember hearing that selling for 400 and thinking I was going to regret missing that.. Now I really do.. :( but glad you got it.. :) I wish DD purchased more manly guns like that so when he brought it to shoot and tell day I could shoot it .. Instead sounds like more Dandy Dan Euro 32 acp is coming my way... :(

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I jotted down the opening (via Internet) and final bid on the first 203 Lots (except for when I went for coffee or to the bathroom.) 17 out of 203 went to the high Internet bid with no one bidding. This included the S&W 29-2 in Lot 1 and the 1897 Winchester in Lot 203.

There was an older dude two rows in front of me. He probably dropped $10K there today. Almost all military stuff (multiple M1 Carbines and Type 99s, a Luger, PPKs, and he chased the Broom Handle Mauser past $1,200), the only non-mil thing I saw him get was an older Model 12 20 gauge in excellent condition. He was smooth too. He'd bid with his red pen, you'd think he was dozing off, then that hand with the red pen would go up. He had notes on the Lots, I think they were from a typewriter.

Lot 35? It started at $275 thanks to the Interwebz. He was the only one bidding against me. I think I did ok.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Damn thats a nice, I remember hearing that selling for 400 and thinking I was going to regret missing that.. Now I really do.. :( but glad you got it.. :) I wish DD purchased more manly guns like that so when he brought it to shoot and tell day I could shoot it .. Instead sounds like more Dandy Dan Euro 32 acp is coming my way... :(

It's good to hear that from someone of your rep. I want to take it to the range, then clean it and lube the hell out of it. Much better than, "You paid too much and it'll blow up if you shoot it!!" Three dudes at Fort Liberty looked at it and said it was in really good shape for a 102 year old gun. I'm gonna shoot it!!

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    My only purchase was this little unrecognized jewel.. lol
    https://christys.hibid.com/lot/5916...-cal--22-lr-sn--111531/?ipp=10&q=&ref=catalog

I cant believe it slipped through for what I bid..
    this started out as a 45 colt SAA, manufacture date is 1884..
    it's got a new set of hard rubber grips as well as what it's got on, a fine set of stags.
    Mashburn's gun shop, the old one run by Art, converted this to 22 LR, and it works like a swiss watch. His shop did a lot of custom and wildcats, 218 mashburn bee I think is the most common.
    Am I happy... Heck yeah.. lol
    I think I could probably get most of the cost back from them stags If I wanted to sell them.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I jotted down the opening (via Internet) and final bid on the first 203 Lots (except for when I went for coffee or to the bathroom.) 17 out of 203 went to the high Internet bid with no one bidding. This included the S&W 29-2 in Lot 1 and the 1897 Winchester in Lot 203.

There was an older dude two rows in front of me. He probably dropped $10K there today. Almost all military stuff (multiple M1 Carbines and Type 99s, a Luger, PPKs, and he chased the Broom Handle Mauser past $1,200), the only non-mil thing I saw him get was an older Model 12 20 gauge in excellent condition. He was smooth too. He'd bid with his red pen, you'd think he was dozing off, then that hand with the red pen would go up. He had notes on the Lots, I think they were from a typewriter.

Lot 35? It started at $275 thanks to the Interwebz. He was the only one bidding against me. I think I did ok.

I think you did very well too, great pistol! I think First World War guns reused in the Second World War are a fascinating subject.

I was one row behind and to the left of the guy you mentioned, and I literally thought the same thing at the end of the auction. "That guy must have dropped $10 grand today." I had a real good view of him from where I was at, and he really did have his eyes closed most of the time, then that pen would go up. He would win, write a bunch of stuff on those papers he had, and appear to doze off again.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    My only purchase was this little unrecognized jewel.. lol
    https://christys.hibid.com/lot/5916...-cal--22-lr-sn--111531/?ipp=10&q=&ref=catalog

I cant believe it slipped through for what I bid..
    this started out as a 45 colt SAA, manufacture date is 1884..
    it's got a new set of hard rubber grips as well as what it's got on, a fine set of stags.
    Mashburn's gun shop, the old one run by Art, converted this to 22 LR, and it works like a swiss watch. His shop did a lot of custom and wildcats, 218 mashburn bee I think is the most common.
    Am I happy... Heck yeah.. lol
    I think I could probably get most of the cost back from them stags If I wanted to sell them.

I think you did well too. I actually saw that one too, and if I wasn't saving my pennies for the musket I ended up winning I would have bid against you.

I had never heard of Art Mashburn, but I noticed in the photos that it appeared to be an original Colt SAA that had been converted, so I did some internet research about him. I agree that you got a real jewel there, at a steal of a price.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Where were you guys at? I was on the left side (facing auctioneer), inside aisle, 2nd row from the back.

We were hanging on the right side, between the gun tables and the table that had all the bayonets and odd lots on it, up near the front mostly (at least when something was getting ready to come up that I might bid on :):).

Top Bottom