• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    So it's a 5 day, I can eat whatever I want between noon and 8, but I've committed to keeping my calorie intake under 2000 on suggestion from my nutrition coach. (Gotta love working for a company with so many resources available). Breakfast I made overnight oats.
    1cup oats - 150cal
    1/3 cup Greek yogurt - 70cal
    10 fresh cherries - 43cal
    Almond milk - 35cal (I wrote calories when I measured it but forgot to write down the measurement, just enough to wet the oats for the night)

Oats go in a 2cup storage container, cherries, then a few tbsp. of almond milk to wet the oats and yogurt goes on top. Leave it in the fridge overnight and it's a pretty solid breakfast. I'll be moving into blueberries once we finish these cherries off.

I'll have a snack aroud 130 2 o'clock of a boiled egg 78cals, some jerky and a mini babybel light..

It takes a lot of eating to fit 2000 calories into an 8 hour window. My typical work schedule is 11 - 8 or 9 so it all happens at work too.

Energy levels are still high, I wore a shirt I haven't been able to wear for months to work today, and I haven't had headaches, lightheadedness, or any noticeable weakness.

Last night I added 20 situps, 20 push ups, and a plank to fall before my shower. I'm planning to start adding an early morning walk around the neighborhood, wife leaves for work early so I'll have to beat her to the punch or take the baby with me. I currently average 7k to 10k steps per day and have for years, we have a tracking program through our insurance at work.

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    Keep the Red Meat and get rid of the Carbohydrates.

Here here! Just starting Keto again (off and on for many years in some form or another) and I'm really liking the InstaPot pressure cooker for getting the meat tender and cooked quickly. We can go from 4 large frozen breasts to shredded chicken in about 40 Mins. Does the same with roast. Keep an eye on Amazon, we picked up another for $70 on prime day.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Ugh. Donuts sit in my stomach like a big greasy rock. They sure smell good, though. Oh well, not the end of the world. keto on...

Same here. Since I regained my insulin sensitivity, a lot of foods I used to enjoy now make me want to puke. Donuts are one of the biggest offenders. I used to love them so much! Now, just thinking of them makes me sick.

You know-- my grandmother always used to warn against sweets that would "give me a belly ache". I had no idea why she said that, because they never made me ill. Of course not, I was so used to eating so much sugar that I never got sick.

Now? A single candy bar makes me a little queasy.

Funny how it's easier to wean off sweets when they all make you sick. But the irony is that you have to have already weaned off sweets a good deal to get that insulin sensitivity back to where they actually will make you feel ill.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Same here. Since I regained my insulin sensitivity, a lot of foods I used to enjoy now make me want to puke. Donuts are one of the biggest offenders. I used to love them so much! Now, just thinking of them makes me sick.

You know-- my grandmother always used to warn against sweets that would "give me a belly ache". I had no idea why she said that, because they never made me ill. Of course not, I was so used to eating so much sugar that I never got sick.

Now? A single candy bar makes me a little queasy.

Funny how it's easier to wean off sweets when they all make you sick. But the irony is that you have to have already weaned off sweets a good deal to get that insulin sensitivity back to where they actually will make you feel ill.

I've never really had a sweet tooth. I like chocolate, but dark chocolate in moderation is ok. I used to get my carbs from pasta, beer, pizza crust, rice, beans, and crunchy salty foods, like popcorn and tortilla chips....that was plenty without adding sweets. Well, cheesecake or my grandma's strawberry-rhubarb pie...maybe. :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So it's a 5 day, I can eat whatever I want between noon and 8, but I've committed to keeping my calorie intake under 2000 on suggestion from my nutrition coach. (Gotta love working for a company with so many resources available). Breakfast I made overnight oats.
    1cup oats - 150cal
    1/3 cup Greek yogurt - 70cal
    10 fresh cherries - 43cal
    Almond milk - 35cal (I wrote calories when I measured it but forgot to write down the measurement, just enough to wet the oats for the night)

Oats go in a 2cup storage container, cherries, then a few tbsp. of almond milk to wet the oats and yogurt goes on top. Leave it in the fridge overnight and it's a pretty solid breakfast. I'll be moving into blueberries once we finish these cherries off.

I'll have a snack aroud 130 2 o'clock of a boiled egg 78cals, some jerky and a mini babybel light..

It takes a lot of eating to fit 2000 calories into an 8 hour window. My typical work schedule is 11 - 8 or 9 so it all happens at work too.

Energy levels are still high, I wore a shirt I haven't been able to wear for months to work today, and I haven't had headaches, lightheadedness, or any noticeable weakness.

Last night I added 20 situps, 20 push ups, and a plank to fall before my shower. I'm planning to start adding an early morning walk around the neighborhood, wife leaves for work early so I'll have to beat her to the punch or take the baby with me. I currently average 7k to 10k steps per day and have for years, we have a tracking program through our insurance at work.

1. In the past year, b/c of "intermittent" fasting and generally trying to behave myself after supper, I have gone down from buying XXL to XL shirts and have been quite pleased with myself.
    2. Pants went down from 44" to 42" (love to get back into 40"), but that requires years of talking about it first. :laugh:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just read this and seemed relevant: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/24/well/when-we-eat-or-dont-eat-may-be-critical-for-health.html

Inspired by this research, Dr. Peterson conducted a tightly controlled experiment in a small group of prediabetic men. In one phase of the study, the subjects ate their meals in a 12-hour daily window for five weeks. In the other phase, they were fed the same meals in a six-hour window beginning each morning. The researchers had the subjects eat enough food to maintain their weight so they could assess whether the time-restricted regimen had any health benefits unrelated to weight loss.It did. On the time-restricted regimen, the men had lower insulin, reduced levels of oxidative stress, less nighttime hunger and significantly lower blood pressure. Their systolic pressure, the top number, fell by roughly 11 points, and their diastolic pressure dropped by 10 points.
    “It was a pretty large effect,” Dr. Peterson said. “It was exciting but also shocking.”
    While studies suggest that eating earlier in the day is optimal for metabolic health, it does not necessarily mean that you should skip dinner. It might, however, make sense to make your dinners relatively light.

(more at link)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The fasting continues.

Over the weekend I enjoyed a late breakfast at my wife's favorites spot, I ate dinner early the night before to accommodate the 2 hour breakfast shift. I will admit that I had non buttered lightly salted popcorn on Saturday night to tide me over.

Sunday afternoon I meal prepped. Counted some calories and grilled/boiled everything. the 300 calorie meals are actually pretty good when you plan ahead and put some flavor into the prep. Energy is still much higher than my prefasting days. I'm finding that I'm sleeping better only waking up to hit the head, and not the refrigerator on my way back to bed. I deal with being hungry by occupying my time otherwise. I have began to notice that my consumption was probably partly a product of my boredom.

Broke my fast today at noon
    Boiled egg
    babybel light
    almonds
    -298 calories

Dinner at 730
    -portion of chicken breast -grilled
    -Asparagus
    -Banana Peppers
    -Squash (All veggies and chicken grilled)
    -Egg

I grilled the veggies with some coconut oil, just enough to keep them from sticking to the grill pan. Seasoned with some chili powder, pepper,

Tomorrow
    Overnight oats, chia seed, eggs, chicken sausage, almonds,
    I'm amazed at how much food it takes to get 2k calories when I'm eating good foods. My "5" days feel like I'm constantly stuffing my face.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The fasting continues.

Over the weekend I enjoyed a late breakfast at my wife's favorites spot, I ate dinner early the night before to accommodate the 2 hour breakfast shift. I will admit that I had non buttered lightly salted popcorn on Saturday night to tide me over.

Sunday afternoon I meal prepped. Counted some calories and grilled/boiled everything. the 300 calorie meals are actually pretty good when you plan ahead and put some flavor into the prep. Energy is still much higher than my prefasting days. I'm finding that I'm sleeping better only waking up to hit the head, and not the refrigerator on my way back to bed. I deal with being hungry by occupying my time otherwise. I have began to notice that my consumption was probably partly a product of my boredom.

Broke my fast today at noon
    Boiled egg
    babybel light
    almonds
    -298 calories

Dinner at 730
    -portion of chicken breast -grilled
    -Asparagus
    -Banana Peppers
    -Squash (All veggies and chicken grilled)
    -Egg

I grilled the veggies with some coconut oil, just enough to keep them from sticking to the grill pan. Seasoned with some chili powder, pepper,

Tomorrow
    Overnight oats, chia seed, eggs, chicken sausage, almonds,
    I'm amazed at how much food it takes to get 2k calories when I'm eating good foods. My "5" days feel like I'm constantly stuffing my face.

So long as its working for you and the energy is staying up keep at it.

I spent part of the day yesterday meal prepping too. And yes when we eat healthy clean foods it is amazing how much we can eat and still be right at 2k calories

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Finished strong yesterday. 2 300cal meals, and finished with some meal packing for today.

-Breakfast noon - Overnight Oats
    oats, almond milk, yogurt blueberries

-Snack 130p
    Egg

-Snack 3p
    Chia seed pudding. 2tbsp chia seed, 4 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk, and 1/2 tbsp. of carnation instant breakfast chocolate. stir leave in fridge overnight

-snack 430p
    Almonds 170cal worth

-snack 6p
    babybel light

-Dinner 730p
    Gr. Chkn breast, asparagus, squash, banana pepper,

Top Bottom