Is anyone else losing sleep because of GTA V?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i bought it. said i wouldnt, because 4 was SUCH a horrible game. love 5 - the crosshairs are impossible to see, but i just use the "traditional GTA" targeting - aka auto with quick-switch. if you coudl SEE the damn thing (even the "advanced" is useless) then i would probably stick with manual aim.

guys who are waiting for online to drop before buying - you're gonna lose out on money! the BAWSAQ in-game market is affected by online play. get some cash, invest in ammunation, and if they have it the insurance company. the stocks will only rise.

on that note - my PSN name is "SAi33N" so feel free to add me if you would like to team-slaughter hookers after MP is available.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    If making back your entire production cost in pre-order and then an additional $800 million on release day constitutes having one's "head in their ass", then it doesn't seem all that bad.

you know... I never have figured out why anyone would buy the pre release to any game. Everyone acts like a certain game will be sold out. I remember going to best buy the day it came out, to buy a new Blu Ray, and they were stocked full to the damn brim of that game. What a wast of $

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Don't you guys know those games turn you into homicidal maniacs..and here you are talking about them on a gun forum!!!! YAHHH...we're all doomed when you guys flip out from lack of sleep, over-stimulation, and the Cheetos run out....

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Don't you guys know those games turn you into homicidal maniacs..and here you are talking about them on a gun forum!!!! YAHHH...we're all doomed when you guys flip out from lack of sleep, over-stimulation, and the Cheetos run out....

HAHA! I'll tell you what, as soon as I have kids, this S**T is out of my house and will be out until they can legally buy it themselves. My kids aren't growing up with this is my house. I'll be a little more aware than my own parents were.... I wasn't allowed to have games like this, but I found my ways haha. They can play it at Jimmy's house, but not mine.
    Call me a hypocrite, but I do see how these games are "toxic" to a young mind. Did it negatively affect me? No, but there is always a handful of kids it does.

Won't lie, GTA V is probably the most graphic in every aspect yet... I can't imagine how much worse it can get. It sad its so very entertaining though!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    you know... I never have figured out why anyone would buy the pre release to any game. Everyone acts like a certain game will be sold out. I remember going to best buy the day it came out, to buy a new Blu Ray, and they were stocked full to the damn brim of that game. What a wast of $

I always laugh as I see the kids lined up around the building at Game Stop to pick up their "pre-order" at the midnight releases. I walk into Meijer next door and pick up the same game at midnight with no pre-order and no line. By the time the get their pre-ordered copy, I've been home playing for 45 minutes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well since I traded in pretty much every single game I don't play and haven't played in like a full year - 5 years (haha) and got about $40 for all 9 games (yes pathetic), and picked up GTA 5, 4 days ago.... My lord almighty! I am completely engrossed in the game. For all of those who absolutely despise the game, please don't use this thread to bash it. I understand why a lot of people hate it, but the game is so much more than just degrading H***ers, and causing mayhem on streets. The story itself is beyond amazing... grammy worthy. My daily routine is college classes in the am, school work in the pm, then a few miller lights and GTA until the break of dawn while chatting (via xbox) live with my best friend who is also completely engrossed with the game.
    I know, I know, I sound pathetic, but the $20 I spent on this game ($40 off since i traded in games), is hands down the best $20 I've ever spent in my life. I do feel bad for my fiance though. She's wondering when her boyfriend will return in cuddle with her in bed haha!

I lost sleep this morning because I found out at about 2am that the ice maker supply hose was leaking and I've been pretty much, ever since. This will be a long day.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My solution to this? Disconnect the hose and just buy bags of ice (that's what I did, anyway). It's no longer leaking yet it still dispenses ice. Win, win.

Ha! If it were up to me, it would never get hooked back up. But my vote doesn't count. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Lowes' plumbing section after work today in what will surely be the first of at least 3 trips for plumbing supplies. (All plumbing jobs take at least three trips to the store.)

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm only 36% into the game an here are aome of the awesome things: Just made $100,000 profit in stocks. Flying helicopters is impossible. If you throw C4 on an armored truck the guards will get out and shoot you. Cops are not as aggressive and learned to brake a little before smashing into your ride. If you murder someone on a boat the water police are on you like flies on s**t. The world is huge! Don't f**k with mountain lions.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Just beat the story mode last night. Still have tons of stuff to do though. Went out and bought an aircraft hanger, and a nice black leer jet called a luxor or something like that after i beat the story, customized a motorcycle, crashed it into a semi at top speed and died. Then proceeded to steal a jumbo jet, fly all the way around the map, ran into a horrible thunderstorm halfway through my flight, then crashed and died while trying to land due to low visibility and high winds. I love this game! Probably go on a scuba diving and mountain climbing excursion after work tonight. Yeah, I'm that addicted. I'm already planning out my ingame day 10 hours in advance.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Just beat the story mode last night. Still have tons of stuff to do though. Went out and bought an aircraft hanger, and a nice black leer jet called a luxor or something like that after i beat the story, customized a motorcycle, crashed it into a semi at top speed and died. Then proceeded to steal a jumbo jet, fly all the way around the map, ran into a horrible thunderstorm halfway through my flight, then crashed and died while trying to land due to low visibility and high winds. I love this game! Probably go on a scuba diving and mountain climbing excursion after work tonight. Yeah, I'm that addicted. I'm already planning out my ingame day 10 hours in advance.

I beat the story mode and I'm going back to beat the rest of the stuff I passed on or missed. I couldn't even be able to begin counting the number of planes I've crashed while trying to land or trying to cut it close to mountains/bridges/power lines. Sometimes I like to land on a busy freeway or up by Trevor's trailer. It doesn't work out all that well.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I logged 60 hours over 11 days to beat the story mode. Think I'm sitting at 79% right now. I finally managed to get my hands on a fighter jet from the military base. Even if you get the bird in the air they still try to shoot you down so you will have to pull some maneuvers to avoid being shot down. I used Trevor and bailed out of a helicopter way above the base and parachuted in on top of a jet. They will start to shoot you before you can get your feet on the ground and you can not shoot back while the parachute is deployed.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    pretty positive you can shoot while parachuting.^ That's how I got my fighter jet too. I think I'm at 73% or so right now. I think you have to hit square to select your weapon with parachute deployed.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I didn't try that but I'll remember it the next time I attempt it. Michael and Franklin need one in their hanger as well.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    My wife came home with it as a surprise for me last week. I haven't played all that much but I love it. I finished a jewelry store robbery last night.

Jason

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'll admit I got the fighter jet and tank, by using the cheat codes for invincibility and just sky falling in. You cant go thru the main gate as they will destroy the jet before you can get in. I play in story mode for a few hours then save the game (I have auto save turned off) then use cheat codes to just kill and have fun for a few more hours. Of course don't save the game if you use the cheats. But the skyfall, invincibility and weapons cheats make it the most fun you can have in a game. Worth every penny.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Turned on the PS3 for the first time in forever (to play a game at least). I was never great at COD, but it's amazing at how much you suck when you haven't even put the disc in after a 6+ month hiatus. GTA V arrived yesterday and played it a bit and I really suck at it as well. Got a lot of playing to do before I get the hang of it.

Top Bottom