• Total voters

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Have any of the arguments, links, MSM, Libertarians, Democrats, Republicans changed your mind?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Over the last few years, I've been convinced that while I am very sympathetic to libertarian ideals, the Libertarian party is a joke and Libertarians are so argumentative and self-sabotaging that they will never be able to convince the majority of the nation that their ideals are worth following. Too bad. I was a prime candidate for such a conversion.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Over the last few years, I've been convinced that while I am very sympathetic to libertarian ideals, the Libertarian party is a joke and Libertarians are so argumentative and self-sabotaging that they will never be able to convince the majority of the nation that their ideals are worth following. Too bad. I was a prime candidate for such a conversion.

I would describe myself as having libertarian ideals also... I do agree with you about the fact they do seem to be self-sabotaging. I don't see them being successful gaining any ground establishing themselves if they continue as such. There seems to be many different thoughts and extremes within the "party" just as there are in the dem and republican parties. I feel like it's just the root problem that it's still politics most of the time.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My position hasn't changed, but there's no option for me. I won't be voting for any of the above.

I will be writing in a name. Most likely my own.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Me too. And you hit exacly the reasons they've turned me off.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

They don't even have the convictions of their beliefs to actually nominate real libertarians anyway. Why should I discontinue supporting one party that says one thing and nominates and supports folks that does another to jump over to another that does exactly the same thing?

Write in Al Bundy. He has a record of fighting taxes and has owned a gun in Chicago --- CHICAGO!!!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They don't even have the convictions of their beliefs to actually nominate real libertarians anyway. Why should I discontinue supporting one party that says one thing and nominates and supports folks that does another to jump over to another that does exactly the same thing?

Write in Al Bundy. He has a record of fighting taxes and has owned a gun in Chicago --- CHICAGO!!!

we need to make this a club. You post pics of your al bundy balot to pass initiation.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am still in a holding pattern of 90% voting for Johnson.

However, I reserve the 10% for Trump to stick it to some jackass republican insider who declares for Hillary instead of staying with their own party.

Doug

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    If Trump loses Indiana, he has lost the election a whole bunch of other ways (Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia, etc) first. Me voting for him does nothing but help give him a popular vote mandate. If he wins, I want him to have 0 mandate. I can see no upside to giving my vote to a person I have no respect for and do not trust.

If I lived in a state listed above, it would be a harder question. In my current residence, I don't see a way for me to vote for either main candidate in good conscience. Hillary is scum, Trump is scum-lite. I'm not helping scum-lite get a mandate.

Top Bottom