• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Look at all of runaway Yeager's supporters coming out. Look I understand. You either really fancy the cut of his jib or you spent money on some of his stuff.

Are those the only options? Can someone agree with his philosophies on fighting with a gun while not endorsing his beard or t-shirt or shoulder twitch or marketing strategies at the same time?

Point is. Don't try to put yourself out as an authority on the subject when you panic, can't get your car out of neutral, bail out, and run away leaving your team.

I don't know all the details of the ambush, and I wasn't there myself to where I feel comfortable forming a solid opinion on the situation. But even if I assume he failed to respond appropriately, how does that wash away all the good he's done by training shooters and gunfighters? So we know of one highly-publicized "failure"-- do we know any of the other things he accomplished while there?

standing out there trying to act like he is a tough guy selling his BS.

Is what he's selling BS? Are you familiar with the TTPs he preaches? Are they faulty? When I filter what he says through my "does this make sense?" meter much of it does.

Esrice thank you for bring in information for us to watch, listen to, and THINK about.

Really that's all I'm trying to do here. I post many videos from many different instructors because I think its important to be well-rounded and learn from different sources.

Unfortunately with any Yeager video people seem to get sidetracked by issues that aren't the focus or reason for the video.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Are those the only options? Can someone agree with his philosophies on fighting with a gun while not endorsing his beard or t-shirt or shoulder twitch or marketing strategies at the same time?

I have no problem with what he wears what he looks like, or anything of that nature. Yes I can agree with his philosophies of fighting though it does not appear that when the metal met the meat that he actually lived up to them.

I do not like teachers who "teach" things that they themselves do not follow... well maybe he does follow them, he does teach getting of the x and from the report he sure has heck "got off the x". He is also tremendously judgmental. From this or that sucks totally or his stances that somehow OC'ing will bring about the end of our 2nd Amendment rights (apparently if you OC, in addition to it being tactically stupid it is also irresponsible as it will cause lawmakers to pass more laws restricting our 2nd Amendment rights even more).

I don't know all the details of the ambush, and I wasn't there myself to where I feel comfortable forming a solid opinion on the situation. But even if I assume he failed to respond appropriately, how does that wash away all the good he's done by training shooters and gunfighters? So we know of one highly-publicized "failure"-- do we know any of the other things he accomplished while there?

Well first off we can read an after action report composed of information obtained from him as well as his surviving team mates.

Like I said I can agree with some of his philosophies and in fact I do agree with some of his "stuff". No doubt learned from other people and that he is passing on at a suitably profitable price. I have no problem with that. I just don't believe he should be held in such high esteem. I do not like cowards, never have, I don't trust them I do not like them I will not support them.

Cowardice can save you own life (in some cases only temporarily), but more often then not it can get your team mates killed.

It is in times of extreme stress/danger/circumstance that one's true nature is revealed. I would say the situation he found himself in was one of those and he responded according to his nature.

Unless he displayed some kind of remarkable bravery and self sacrifice in another incident that occurred later I would say it is hard to come back from that kind of monumental failure.

Is what he's selling BS? Are you familiar with the TTPs he preaches? Are they faulty? When I filter what he says through my "does this make sense?" meter much of it does.

I would call "BS" on several of his "philosophies" (mentioned the 1911 and OC ones already) and I have watched more than a few of his videos. That being said I admitted that I do agree with some of his other ideas (though not exactly "his" as I've seen them before taught by others and a bit before he started doing his videos).

The fact is that there are other trainers that are probably more deserving of financial support (that's what you are giving him when you pay for his training or encourage others to go to him for training). Obviously it is a personal choice but I would choose to pay someone who is teaching the same things but does not have that black mark on their character.

In addition, to my knowledge, he has not answered any the responses to his challenges. What kind of person makes a public challenge and then balks from meeting it?

Really that's all I'm trying to do here. I post many videos from many different instructors because I think its important to be well-rounded and learn from different sources.

Unfortunately with any Yeager video people seem to get sidetracked by issues that aren't the focus or reason for the video.

It's always good to watch those videos, there is always something to learn from any thing. I just get annoyed with all the Yeagerites that think this guy preaches gospel and that he is so awesome.

Prior to my learning of his "alleged" actions I just thought he was an opinionated person who said some things I agreed with and some things that I didn't.

After, well, let's just say I can't stand the glorification of ANY coward. Same problem I had with that moron who ran out of the movie theater dropping his baby and leaving his other child and fiancee. What would you think if he began teaching people tactics and putting himself out there as some kind of elite operator?

I personally believe if we held cowardly acts up to public ridicule that perhaps people would be less inclined to do them.

Granted you can't make a coward brave, but you can make them afraid of displaying their cowardice publicly or getting themselves into a position where they can cause damage because of their cowardice.

These days it doesn't seem to matter, heck, you can get yourself into a situation like Yeager did and do what the AAR said Yeager did and then market yourself as some tactical know it all.

I wouldn't be surprised if that coward from the batman incident didn't start marketing self defense videos and courses.

answers in red.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    If you feel so strong about him being a coward why don't you tell it to him in person?
    There are several members to this forum who have attempted to take him up on his challenges in both respectful fashions and non. None of them have been answered...

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    There are several members to this forum who have attempted to take him up on his challenges in both respectful fashions and non. None of them have been answered...

I don't have the facts on that, but knowing James that does not sound like him.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Just because James hasn't answered INGO members, doesn't mean he hasn't anyone at all. I'm sure there's been LOTS of people trying to accept his challenges...

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't have the facts on that, but knowing James that does not sound like him.
    To the best of my knowledge to date, the ONLY response anyone here has gotten was deletion from his youtube and facebook pages and an automated, prewritten reply email message with some typical "we're busy at the moment, but..." BS

Several members attempted to take him up on his offer of free training if they could run one of his pistol courses with a 1911 and have no failures. No response

:dunno:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    If you feel so strong about him being a coward why don't you tell it to him in person?

Your attempt to insinuate that I am a coward notwithstanding, I have no problems repeating anything I say online in person. I have before and I will do it again - I always do in fact.

You are welcome to test my statement in person if you like. I live in Evansville, Indiana. I am more than willing to put out my address and he can come talk to me in person. You may as well if you feel like you can cowboy up and not hide behind Yeager.

On a side note I did post some comments on a video post he made on his facebook and he promptly deleted my comment (a very polite one) and did not engage me.

I am also more than willing to listen to why the AAR is wrong and that he did not do what it said he did. Since he puts himself out in the public eye as a professional tactics instructor he should be more than willing to do so. It goes to credibility after all.

Last edited:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Just because James hasn't answered INGO members, doesn't mean he hasn't anyone at all. I'm sure there's been LOTS of people trying to accept his challenges...

Yes so many that he has yet to post a single video (which he obviously likes to do) proving his point when one of the "lots" that had answered his challenge and failed to prove him wrong.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm still wondering what you real heroes would have done. His teammate came to the rear of the vehicle where he already was. Pretty sure there isn't room to hide two people from 7.62 rounds at the back of the vehicle.

I'm sorry, this may be cruel, but these are civilian defense contractors, not my military brothers. I'm NOT DYING and stranding my four kids for being stuck in a stupid situation with no where to go.

If any of you judgemental internet bad-asses want to go down and personally challenge him and call him a coward to his face, I will drive you down to Camden and film the whole thing...

This S*** gets old and we hear the same crap every four months on here. Yeager's pissed me off to no end on more than once occasion, but that's no excuse for keyboard quarterbacking that video.

Whenever you want to man up, you let me know and I'll come pick you up.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'm still wondering what you real heroes would have done. His teammate came to the rear of the vehicle where he already was. Pretty sure there isn't room to hide two people from 7.62 rounds at the back of the vehicle.
    Left the Car in 1st Gear and drove out... :popcorn::):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The suggestion to take instruction is one we shold embrace. All instructors are different and there is something we can all learn, even the most experienced among us.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

I'm sorry, this may be cruel, but these are civilian defense contractors, not my military brothers. I'm NOT DYING and stranding my four kids for being stuck in a stupid situation with no where to go.

If any of you judgemental internet bad-asses want to go down and personally challenge him and call him a coward to his face, I will drive you down to Camden and film the whole thing...

This S*** gets old and we hear the same crap every four months on here. Yeager's pissed me off to no end on more than once occasion, but that's no excuse for keyboard quarterbacking that video.

Whenever you want to man up, you let me know and I'll come pick you up.

The real heroes would have done what his team mates did. Did you not read the AAR?

Ok le'ts overlook the fact that the reason that particular vehicle got stuck there was (according to the report) was that he put the car in neutral, put on the handbrake (for whatever reason that happened for) and then for some reason be unable to release the handbrake, put the car in gear and get out of there.

Perhaps he could have done what the guy next to him did. If you haven't read the AAR it was lay down about a hundred rounds of fire at the white suv where the attack was coming from instead of just 15 rounds randomly before making a break for it. Oh let's not forget that his team mate's saw jammed the team mate switched to his m4 and continued to fire at the suv until it retreated (all this while Yeager "got off the x" and put himself into a position where he could not support his team mates).

Perhaps, if for some reason he really didn't know where the attack was coming from (despite his team mate a couple feet away next to him clearly knowing) he could have tried to pull his other wounded team mate to cover and give medical attention (much like what was going on at one of the other vehicles).

Do you not realize that you are not arguing against me or anyone else here? You are arguing against an after action report that was put together with the information from both him as well as the surviving members of the team.

Is it your contention that the rest of the team members who lived don't like him and lied in order to make him look bad? I hope so because that is the only real argument you can give that could cast any doubt on what is stated in that report.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Left the Car in 1st Gear and drove out... :popcorn::):

if you were there, then give a full report.

I'm pretty sure I read in some thread a few years ago about this that they couldn't move forward because there was a MIL convoy ahead and they couldn't get too close.

If that wasn't the case, the why did the other two cars just sit there and take fire?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Do you not realize that you are not arguing against me or anyone else here? You are arguing against an after action report that was put together with the information from both him as well as the surviving members of the team.

this horse has been BEAT TO DEATH A HUNDRED TIMES...

is it really necessary for you armchair quarterbacks to comment EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN TIME an INGO mod posts one of his videos?

I'm sure you would have done everything perfectly and they all would have lived and met for Starbucks and ice cream after...

or MAYBE he learned from this disaster and teaches his students NOT to make the same mistakes

Either way, quit posting the same stupid crap everytime Evan adds a new video

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    this horse has been BEAT TO DEATH A HUNDRED TIMES...

is it really necessary for you armchair quarterbacks to comment EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN TIME an INGO mod posts one of his videos?

I'm sure you would have done everything perfectly and they all would have lived and met for Starbucks and ice cream after...

or MAYBE he learned from this disaster and teaches his students NOT to make the same mistakes

Either way, quit posting the same stupid crap everytime Evan adds a new video

1st amendment brother. While I agree with you to some extent of being tired of the same complaints, I think it's also equally important that when posting videos of the so called "professionals" and preaching their "gospel" that the differing opinion be represented for future readers to make educated decisions for themselves.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm just saying, we can have a single thread for this debate to go on in, but every damn, it just gets old.

I don't personally see anything he did wrong once he left the vehicle. If they were supposed to drive off, then so be it.

as far as preaching the gospel, yeah, he's an ass... and it fills his courses up every single time.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Heres my deal. Yeah, I'm put off by the dude "internet persona" and his attitudes on certain subjects. HOWEVER there is always something more to learn and room to improve.

If the guy is legit, so be it. I listen to what he has to say and/or pay to take a class. Like Evan said, does it pass my internal "BS" and "DiMS" meter ?? BUT, but if the dude is a wanna be (NOT saying he is, we should all research any training and draw our own conclusions), then I'll pass, and listen to and learn from someone who not only SAYS the right things but practices what he preaches.

:twocents::twocents: (yup thats 4 cents)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom