• Status
    Not open for further replies.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm just saying, we can have a single thread for this debate to go on in, but every damn, it just gets old.

I don't personally see anything he did wrong once he left the vehicle. If they were supposed to drive off, then so be it.

as far as preaching the gospel, yeah, he's an ass... and it fills his courses up every single time.
    Indeed. That's why I personally get tired of his vids getting posted. Well, that and he's a horrible representation/ambassador/model gun owner to be getting so much attention.

I also get tired of hearing it every time, but at the same time I'd rather it come up in each thread so that future readers who dig the threads up learn it all before potentially making a decision they wish they hadn't. Not saying his training is bad, but obviously some people would prefer to not give him any more attention/money in light of everything.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    this horse has been BEAT TO DEATH A HUNDRED TIMES...

is it really necessary for you armchair quarterbacks to comment EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN TIME an INGO mod posts one of his videos?

While you may be tired of hearing about it I am tired of seeing his videos pop up as some kind of authority on the subject. So when it does I will say something about it. He has the right to blather on and so do I.

I'm sure you would have done everything perfectly and they all would have lived and met for Starbucks and ice cream after...

Who knows. Been in some tight spots, had some scares, been lucky more than a few times, haven't run yet. Is it possible that one day I may panic and suddenly decide personal safety over duty. Sure it's possible but I hope to god that day never comes as I really do not wish to die, or god forbid live, as a coward.

After seeing that video and reading the AAR can you seriously tell me you would have him as a member of any team where you may have to risk your life on him not acting in the same manner?

or MAYBE he learned from this disaster and teaches his students NOT to make the same mistakes

If that were the case then I would say that was admirable. Is that his intent though? I do not "see" that part of his personality from his videos... though I have pondered if he is merely posturing for the camera.

Of course some kind of response from him that said "hey I screwed the pooch on that one, I panic'd and have dedicated my life to training to be sure it never happens again" would go a long way, much longer than the "I know everything and everyone who disagrees with me sucks" attitude that seem emanate from a lot of his videos.

Either way, quit posting the same stupid crap everytime Evan adds a new video

I could ask that Evan stop posting his videos. Same thing.

in red.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I would just like to cut that horrible Goatee/beard crap off his face. Well that and I would like to see him quit wearing his little Brothers shirts...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm going to try out the NRA basic pistol course next. I would have loved to attend that five day course that's going on, but time wouldn't allow it. It would be really cool to do some training in a home defense situation. I may try to hire Shay to come to my home and set up some scenarios to test my ability to protect my family. That would be really cool! I mean, to put flashlight and weapons training together in my own house? Yeah, I would like that kind fo training. How about it, Shay?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'm going to try out the NRA basic pistol course next. I would have loved to attend that five day course that's going on, but time wouldn't allow it. It would be really cool to do some training in a home defense situation. I may try to hire Shay to come to my home and set up some scenarios to test my ability to protect my family. That would be really cool! I mean, to put flashlight and weapons training together in my own house? Yeah, I would like that kind fo training. How about it, Shay?

That would be well worth the time.

Shay's intro to FOF is next on my bucket list along with an appleseed. As far as pistol training, I would probably spend some more time with John Farquhar. As far as tactical response, I would like to take their fighting pistol class and to meet Mr. Yeager.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    While you may be tired of hearing about it I am tired of seeing his videos pop up as some kind of authority on the subject. So when it does I will say something about it. He has the right to blather on and so do I.

I guess his 15,000 students over the years may think otherwise.

I know quite a few people who've taken his classes and have heard no negative comments on it.

One doesn't have to be Marcus Littrell to put together good training.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I know quite a few people who've taken his classes and have heard no negative comments on it.

Also depends on what you consider good training... :popcorn:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

Also depends on what you consider good training... :popcorn:
    I've only viewed his training, not attended. But, there certainly is a difference between "good" training and "unique" training. Some of the things I've seen them offer, not many other places do. That doesn't inherently make it "good" though.

I'm still up in the air about taking his classes though. I can find value in ANY training, but at the same time, I don't feel he needs an additional ego boost or money which will only perpetuate his own "asshat-tery" and further make the rest of the gun community look bad.:twocents:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I'm just saying, we can have a single thread for this debate to go on in, but every damn, it just gets old.

I don't personally see anything he did wrong once he left the vehicle. If they were supposed to drive off, then so be it.

This is where we disagree. If the report is right it is a very good possibility they became stuck in their position because of Yeagers actions with his vehicle.

After that you advocate that it was ok that he ran away to save himself and imply that you would do the same because they are not your "military brothers" just "civilian contractors". Might I add that Yeager wasn't drafted into his position. He had to apply and be accepted to it. I'll say it another way... he chose to be there himself. If he wasn't prepared to put his life on the line then he shouldn't have done so. Period. He joined a team where that was expected. In fact his other team mates did their duty while he "got off the x" and let them fend for themselves. At least that is what the report says.

Luckily for him the other guys on the team didn't react the same way and didn't drive off leaving him there to fend for himself. Luckily for him that his other team mate laid down enough fire which probably kept Yeager from getting shot in the back as he "got off the x".

as far as preaching the gospel, yeah, he's an ass... and it fills his courses up every single time.

Don't care if he is an ass. He can be an ass all he wants to. I personally don't like people who respond in the manner outlined in that AAR. I also personally don't like people who respond in the manner outlined in that AAR and who try to pass themselves off as "professionals" in that field

Again you may feel what he did is ok because you would not view your fellow "civilian contractor" team mates as "military brothers" and as such you would not put your life on the line for them. As far as I'm concerned he accepted that responsibility when he applied for the job and then again when he accepted the position. It's pretty obvious from the report his other team mates did.

Don't like the job or the irresponsibility and duties of the position then don't accept the position. Don't even apply for it.

in red.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I actually like the shirt in this vid quite a bit.

I would like to take a class from Yeager and see what he's about. I know a guy who I respect who has taken at least one of his classes and that guy said Yeager runs a good class.

I have watched the ambush vid several times. I bet is sucks when someone starts shooting at you. I hope it never happens to me.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    good training is an entirely individual goal, driven by what you want to be able to do at the end of it...

roger that, I will rephrase.

He's put on training for 15,000 students, whether or not it was good or bad, I can't say.

Once I meet my weight loss goal, I'll give an AAR when I return.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    If you guys are tired of seeing each others comments, there is a block user function in the User CP.

Yeager is like Jaeger, you either love him or hate him. Some things he says make sense. A lot of it I take with a grain of salt.

Was a he a coward, yes. End of story. Regardless of what the hell happens, or whatever the jon, you don't run away to CYOA while a comrade is bleeding out nearby.

Can he teach someone how to shoot? Probably. Can he teach civilian classes? Obviously. Is he a badass? Hardly.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Has anyone noticed that one of the first things that pop out of a Yeager supporter isn't facts or any kind of intelligent rebuttal to the AAR?

It goes along the lines of this:

"Man I bet you won't say that to his face!"

What are we back in highschool?

The man puts himself out as a tactical professional instructor. On top of that he gives very very opinionated statements and even ridicules others. He even issues challenges (which for some reason he has no videos of).

What does he think is going to happen when a video and AAR of him performing in a cowardly fashion surfaces?

What do you, as his supporters, think is going to happen if someone "says it to his face" (and I'd be surprised if no one has - do you think none of the surviving members of his team had no choice words to say to him? I'd say the odds are against that one).

Do you think he is going to "beat them up"? LOL. How Jr. High of you.

Let me tell you what some more likely scenarios are:

1. Guy drives down and Yeager won't even see him until he pays for the course. He pays for the course and then calls Yeager a coward. Yeager just laughs because he already has the guy's money and orders him off the property. Guy leaves out whatever the cost of the class is plus time and gas money.

2. Guy drives down and calls Yeager a coward. Yeager tells him to get off his property. Guy leaves property out the gas money and time to drive down and get kicked off Yeager's property.

3. Guy drives down and scenario one or two happens but rather than leave Guy refuses. Yeager calls police hand has Guy hauled off. Guy is out gas money and time and possibly legal repercussions for refusing to leave.

-----

If you don't see it, the extremely juvenile belief that somehow Yeager is going to go all "chuck norris" on someone who calls him a coward is, well, juvenile (Perhaps I shall call it the "Yeager Defense" since it seems to happen so often).

Mr. Yeager has more to lose than he has to gain by meeting any challengers.

Probably one of the reasons he has not accepted or at least posted people accepting his challenge (heck he has time to delete FB msgs but no time to even respond to his "challengers").

Losing a challenge would discredit him. Heck getting into a "fistacuffs" fight with someone who calls him a coward with even the remote possibility of him getting "whooped" is something he probably would not risk. Too many things could go wrong for him win or lose (especially if he lost).

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    If you guys are tired of seeing each others comments, there is a block user function in the User CP.

Yeager is like Jaeger, you either love him or hate him. Some things he says make sense. A lot of it I take with a grain of salt.

Was a he a coward, yes. End of story. Regardless of what the hell happens, or whatever the jon, you don't run away to CYOA while a comrade is bleeding out nearby.

Can he teach someone how to shoot? Probably. Can he teach civilian classes? Obviously. Is he a badass? Hardly.

Exactly.

Never said he can't shoot or teach someone how to shoot. Nor that he can't teach civilian classes.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'll admit, I don't know WHAT to think about the video. Maybe Yeager was a coward, maybe not. The fact is, I have NO idea what happened and what took place. I don't even know where to find the AAR...

As for the videos Yeagee is making recently, sure theres lots of things that I disagree with. BUT, there's are a lot more things that I do agree with. He makes a lot of sense, and I believe he knows what he's talking about.

If he WAS a coward, how do you know for sure he doesn't teach that in his classes? Does this one experience (that "coward" video), suppose to condemn him from now on? Can the haters not get past that, and agree that he does make some solid points?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Every time I see his video, the same thing comes to mind...

"Can you smell what the Yeager is cooking up?"

raw.gif

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom