• ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yes.

Evidently that at least this time around, his having fallen back into his addictions have been a relatively "open secret" as well. And, at least according to the Kravitz interview on the Dakich show (1070 AM) that folks close to him are glad this has happend and hope it will spur him to get (more) help.

"back into"?
    I doubt he ever quit!

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Not surprised at all. I will also not be surprised if he walks away Scot free. If it looks like he'll go down for this, he'll just stamp his feet and threaten to take his team and go play somewhere else, just
    like he has every other time he hasn't gotten his way. The city will bend over for him, yet again, and make the problem go away. Hopefully, this will be a wake up call and he will receive the help he has
    needed for years. Unfortunately, people with this much money and power frequently surround themselves with sycophants who are more than willing to enable and abet this sort of behavior for their share of the limelight and that appears to be the case here.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    DUIs get beat more often that the Cubs, and for this very reason. "Normal" people in good standing with society are much more likely to commit OWI than become a burglar, rapist, etc. As such, there's a freaking metric butt ton of red tape that makes it a very time consuming and difficult arrest. You could set a bus full of nuns on fire and create less paperwork for the arresting officer than a "simple" OWI where there is no crash. Crash with injury? I know what you're doing the next 4 hours of your shift.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    mediaday4.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I am sure there is a team doctor backdating a whole bunch of prescriptions at this very moment.

Hah, sure. And a pharmacy back-dating computer records and the state backdating their tracking data?

And when this fool eventually OD's (see michael jackson) everyone will want to hang the guys giving him the pills.
    I wouldn't touch this cat with a 10' pole. Bad news.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Probably will not face charges nor jail time. Prosecutor already stated that if he has prescription for the pills, there will be no felony charges and the DUI is a misdomeanor. His pill abuse has been public knowledge for over a decade and his dumbass has no business driving. I know one officer that stopped him near Zionsville a few years ago and thought he was high. He chose to let him go ..... I plan to chide his ass with this news.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I haven't followed him before, but does he make excuses or blame others for his issues? Is he asking for leniency or using his influence to get out of anything? Seems to me he's taking it like a man and owning up to what he did. Lots of finger pointing in this thread as we deal with our own demons outside the public view.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I haven't followed him before, but does he make excuses or blame others for his issues? Is he asking for leniency or using his influence to get out of anything? Seems to me he's taking it like a man and owning up to what he did. Lots of finger pointing in this thread as we deal with our own demons outside the public view.

True but his team has released players for failing at the same thing he is doing. He is and should be held to a higher standard by NFL rules.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    True but his team has released players for failing at the same thing he is doing. He is and should be held to a higher standard by NFL rules.

I'm not disputing there should be punishments. On FB, here, and at the water cooler people seem to discount him as a person because of his actions. And from some of the same people who want to decriminalize drugs and offer treatment and counseling too.

i think a decent part of it is the whole wealth-envy thing factoring in. "Screw the rich guy" sort of thing. Finally "level the playing field" if you will

Top Bottom