• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not disputing there should be punishments. On FB, here, and at the water cooler people seem to discount him as a person because of his actions. And from some of the same people who want to decriminalize drugs and offer treatment and counseling too.

i think a decent part of it is the whole wealth-envy thing factoring in. "Screw the rich guy" sort of thing. Finally "level the playing field" if you will

I look at him as a man with everything the American dream has to offer. He chooses to waste it. His call I know but wealth envy is not a big part of my opinion. It does way into it but I look at star athletes in the same way when they screw the pooch. Such a waste of life. At least IMHO.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I look at him as a man with everything the American dream has to offer. He chooses to waste it.

That's the issue though. Is an addiction a voluntary decision to waste life, or is it a disease he suffers from and hasn't been able to overcome? From what I know he has had numerous back surgeries and now takes/abuses pain medication. Did he have addictions prior to his medical conditions developing? I don't really know. Addicts don't become billionaires generally speaking, though billionaires can certainly develop addictions just like the rest of us.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    I haven't followed him before, but does he make excuses or blame others for his issues? Is he asking for leniency or using his influence to get out of anything? Seems to me he's taking it like a man and owning up to what he did. Lots of finger pointing in this thread as we deal with our own demons outside the public view.

The IndyStar bumped an old article from 2002 in which it became public that he had a plastic surgeon write him a boatload of prescriptions. That surgeon was wrapped up in a DEA investigation for falsifying prescriptions for money. Irsay excused it as an addiction from previous surgeries. Now 12 years later, after multiple known DUIs without prosecutions, I have no empathy.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Probably will not face charges nor jail time. Prosecutor already stated that if he has prescription for the pills, there will be no felony charges and the DUI is a misdomeanor. His pill abuse has been public knowledge for over a decade and his dumbass has no business driving. I know one officer that stopped him near Zionsville a few years ago and thought he was high. He chose to let him go ..... I plan to chide his ass with this news.

So he was released yesterday and the news has said that the Pills didn't match the prescription bottles they were in, however, prosecutors have not determined if they will press charges or not for 4 felony counts of possession of a controlled substance... What the actual F^@&?? What's the concern, the holdup? Any other person without the name would be in jail still and facing felony charges. Our system is circling the drain as far as I'm concerned...

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Sounds like he's been convicted here before he even goes to court.
    I've met him a couple of time in the past. IF this turns out to be a major F-up on his part I won't be surprised.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think its amusing that people think that as far as employment decisions go, the owner should have the same rules as his employees. Call it hypocrisy if you want to, but ownership does, and should, have some privileges.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I think its amusing that people think that as far as employment decisions go, the owner should have the same rules as his employees. Call it hypocrisy if you want to, but ownership does, and should, have some privileges.

I'm with you on this. I think Capitalism and lots of CASH should have extended privileges.
    Since there's NO LEO bashing it just goes to show me that Jim is less respected then the law enforcement community. LOL!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    ugh... the guy clearly needs help.

Maybe he should hand the team over to his daughter and go clean himself up finally.

I like how this article said the "Carmelo" Police :laugh:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Tony Katz discussing now...

I'm sure Hammer and Nigel will talk about this later on their show.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Tony Katz discussing now...

I'm sure Hammer and Nigel will talk about this later on their show.
    Also being discussed in the Colts thread…

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom