• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I think the fog is from posting in the Yeager/Pincus/OC thread... you know you like those TapOut shirts!

I'm expecting him to develop a neck flinch anytime now:D

Since we are doing Epic Thread Jacking...IDPA going to have a Postal Match this year? And when can we start wearing knee pads?

Yes, the COFs will be out in July. Whether or not any of Redbrush's MDs will do it, I don't know.

Which, at the risk of getting back on topic:laugh:, thanks Steve for doing this classifier. I'm sure guys that MD have a set of courses they want to do, so thanks for doing this for us.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm expecting him to develop a neck flinch anytime now:D

Yes, the COFs will be out in July. Whether or not any of Redbrush's MDs will do it, I don't know.

Which, at the risk of getting back on topic:laugh:, thanks Steve for doing this classifier. I'm sure guys that MD have a set of courses they want to do, so thanks for doing this for us.

If he doesn't I will the next time I SO...I just gotta get me one of those shirts! LOL

I've manage to bring the suck in both Postal Matches I've shot but I can't wait to shoot another!

I think the Classifier will be a great and fun time. Ironically enough they had an article in the IDPA magazine (a great reason to join IDPA for those on the fence about it BTW) about just that thing...not dreading the Classifier but embracing it and making it something fun, something to look forward to. I think we have it in us as a group and a club to put forth a quality Classifier and a fun one, too. :rockwoot:

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    3 2 1 . . .

Just too easy....

However I heard that the Tiger Teams were looking into a 4X4 division; knee pads will be allowed, if not mandatory, there will be the same backgound music as there is for the M&P commercial where the lab dude pulls the M&P out of the mud. And you have to wear, what you'd consider a Kool vest. All the while running a COF gracefully.

I think the lab dude's name was Mark, or Mike, or something...:dunno:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just too easy....

However I heard that the Tiger Teams were looking into a 4X4 division; knee pads will be allowed, if not mandatory, there will be the same backgound music as there is for the M&P commercial where the lab dude pulls the M&P out of the mud. And you have to wear, what you'd consider a Kool vest. All the while running a COF gracefully.

I think the lab dude's name was Mark, or Mike, or something...:dunno:

That division is for studs only from what I've heard. The founder is both generous and pretty.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Alright, prepare for another epic :hijack: but I just got the scores from Wilmore. Ya'll will be proud to know that our IDPA club REPRESENTED with 2 Class/Division overall wins by Jr (SSP) and myself (ESR/SSR) as well as Jr taking second over the entire field:rockwoot:I'm proud of him and its good to see that Master rank with his name. Redbaron turned in a very respectable 2nd finish in MM SSP as well.

Also, I've decided I'm keeping my Sharpshooter classification. We had three revolver shooters there and one of them was classified as Expert (the other was SS). Don't know why but it felt good to be classed lower yet have a win. Now I see why people like the sandbagging stuff:laugh:

Last edited:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Out of curiosity, what's required for classification, aside from active IDPA membership? Wonder if I sign up online tonight if it would be active in time. Any insight?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Out of curiosity, what's required for classification, aside from active IDPA membership? Wonder if I sign up online tonight if it would be active in time. Any insight?

Yeah, if you got on it tonight, you'd receive your packet before the match (I received mine in about 6 days). If it didn't come in, I'm sure Scott would hold your scores until you got it. I can get you his email if you need it.

However, if you just wonder what you would classify as, you can shoot the classifier, figure your times and find out.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah, that was basically the plan. I had a lot of fun my first time out this month and planned on going to this one as well. Saw classifieds were going to be held and thought "even better". I was reading related stuff on the ipda site and it dawned on me that I never got around to signing up.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, if you got on it tonight, you'd receive your packet before the match (I received mine in about 6 days). If it didn't come in, I'm sure Scott would hold your scores until you got it. I can get you his email if you need it.

However, if you just wonder what you would classify as, you can shoot the classifier, figure your times and find out.

Do you know how things work if you have the scores from last year but just became a member recently? Maybe they are null and void?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yeah, that was basically the plan. I had a lot of fun my first time out this month and planned on going to this one as well. Saw classifieds were going to be held and thought "even better". I was reading related stuff on the ipda site and it dawned on me that I never got around to signing up.

You're coming in at a great time. :yesway: The classifier should really be one of your first few matches. A couple of us started at Redbrush around the same time in 2011 and are only a few months out of year never having shot a classifier.

Do you know how things work if you have the scores from last year but just became a member recently? Maybe they are null and void?

I'm pretty sure those scores wouldn't count towards a new classification, simply because you wasn't a member a year ago. Plus, the difference of a year in competition can be the difference of a class or two.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, that was basically the plan. I had a lot of fun my first time out this month and planned on going to this one as well. Saw classifieds were going to be held and thought "even better"..

For what it is worth.
    To me the weird and new thing about shooting a classifier was that you are on the line for like 3 to 7 different strings of fire consecutively on each stage.
    The big boys have probably figured out a way to sort of 'breathe-relax-clear head' between strings of fire, but I found myself just sort of building stress as I progressed trough the stages.

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    The big boys have probably figured out a way to sort of 'breathe-relax-clear head' between strings of fire, but I found myself just sort of building stress as I progressed trough the stages.

You know, I figured I'd be all stressed out too but I wasn't. I just relaxed and told myself that I was there having fun. I didn't think about what I just shot, I just focused on what was next and tried not to over think it.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That could work!
    There is probably some rule against jumping up and down and screaming like a chicken so maybe avoidance is the best approach.

Might not be a rule against it, but it would sure lighten the mood for the rest of us! :D

It's easy to say "don't sweat the classifier" but harder to actually do it.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    That could work!
    There is probably some rule against jumping up and down and screaming like a chicken so maybe avoidance is the best approach.

I vote in favor of this "preparation" style. It's your classifier- OWN IT!

Of course this will ruin the classifier for the rest of us, as we will find it hard to get off the ground from the laughter:laugh: It's worth it to me to see it though:yesway:

And lack of sleep!! :):

Maybe that's the key! Get up at about 4:00am and see if it helps:laugh:

If you're running SSP again, I think you'll make Sharpshooter this time. :draw:

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    Maybe that's the key! Get up at about 4:00am and see if it helps:laugh:

If you're running SSP again, I think you'll make Sharpshooter this time. :draw:

It might have been the key, but I'm still paying for it today!

I hope so. I was only 13 seconds away with 60 points down. I hope I can make that up, but if not, oh well. I'll hang out with the marksmen for a while.

Top Bottom