• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You know, I completely forgot a key part of my competition regime. If you truly want to perform at the very top.............................................

Find a division there is literally no one else in- ESR or SSR are great candidates:D

No shame in strategy! Like in baseball, you gotta hit 'em where they ain't...and in IDPA you gotta shoot 'em where they ain't! :D That is why I'm in CDP :draw: 2nd only to the revolver division in fewest shooters! LOL

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    As I mentioned to you a couple weekends ago

Things would be so much easier if we had Tee shirts.

A RedBrush thread that I need to re-read when I get home and then ponder quite a bit is a neat new experience.
    That said, I've got to admit that TJ and Mike were right about the qualifier. This stuff would mean so much more if it came from experts.

:joke:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Things would be so much easier if we had Tee shirts.

A RedBrush thread that I need to re-read when I get home and then ponder quite a bit is a neat new experience.
    That said, I've got to admit that TJ and Mike were right about the qualifier. This stuff would mean so much more if it came from experts.

:joke:

:lmfao:I see what you did there- good one!

Since we're on the topic of tips (and, as usual, well off the thread:D) give this stage a look:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw1K7bYGvaQ[/ame]

This is from a match I'll be in this weekend. The idea is that you are in a public toilet, have to shoot a blind target behind the stall door, go prone and engage the rest of the targets in priority.

The middle shoot all the way at the end- that's 30 yards.

So, if any experts (:D) have any ideas for running it, let me know.

Ben will be glad to know this course can be shot sans vest:yesway:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    :lmfao:I see what you did there- good one!

Since we're on the topic of tips (and, as usual, well off the thread:D) give this stage a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw1K7bYGvaQ

This is from a match I'll be in this weekend. The idea is that you are in a public toilet, have to shoot a blind target behind the stall door, go prone and engage the rest of the targets in priority.

The middle shoot all the way at the end- that's 30 yards.

So, if any experts (:D) have any ideas for running it, let me know.

Ben will be glad to know this course can be shot sans vest:yesway:

Sans vest but do you have to have your shorts around your ankles? Only way to properly simulate! LOL

I had a stage design/theme in mind where you had to wear a hospital robe and kept one hand in back in order to keep your hind-end from hanging out....strong hand only course obviously, but I thought it would make for a good time!:D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Looks like a cool course. I like the non threats at the 30yd target too!

I'll probably like them so much that I'll put a round in each:D

What gets me about the course is being prone. I don't even practice going prone for hunting. I'm going to try sending a few downrange while prone today and see how it works out. Having the cylinder gap blast a few inches from my face, even with a 45, doesn't sound like a fun time.

Sans vest but do you have to have your shorts around your ankles? Only way to properly simulate! LOL

I had a stage design/theme in mind where you had to wear a hospital robe and kept one hand in back in order to keep your hind-end from hanging out....strong hand only course obviously, but I thought it would make for a good time!:D

I will have to bring that to their attention:laugh: The hospital COF sounds great! TF would especially love it- he's into all things hospital and guns.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ok I've been skim reading to catch up, all I caught was no concealment, Mike with his pants around his ankles and TJ going prone in a bathroom stall and someone shooting up a hospital...

Remind me why I hang out with you guys again? :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Ok I've been skim reading to catch up, all I caught was no concealment, Mike with his pants around his ankles and TJ going prone in a bathroom stall and someone shooting up a hospital...

Remind me why I hang out with you guys again? :D

You should be asking why DON'T you hang out with us guys MORE! THAT is the real question!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    We shot prone at the March BGSL match. It was different to say the least.

A few years ago at Red Brush there were several courses that had you going prone and shooting from around a line of horizontal drums both strong and support side. That was pretty cool..

The issue with going prone is you have to insure that somebody doesn't shoot UP and over the berms; you would have to push the courses of fire back along the rear berms to help catch all the rounds.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just got in from doing some practice while prone. Found out three things- 1.) it's hot here and it's going to be really hot Saturday. 2.) I'm glad I left the hammer spur on my 625, single action is sweet sweet when you're prone at 30 yards. And 3.) I should probably concern myself more with reloads prone than the shooting:D

I've never been in a bathroom that would allow a 5 yard shot anywhere, much less 30, but evidently it can happen- they wouldn't make an IDPA course up out of nothing. Practical baby:laugh:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    You know, I completely forgot a key part of my competition regime. If you truly want to perform at the very top.............................................

Find a division there is literally no one else in- ESR or SSR are great candidates:D

Sweet, now that's what I need. I now just need to get IDPA to create the "sucks pond water" division and I'm GOLDEN!!:):

Top Bottom