• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The wackydoodle nut cases are picking on WallyWorld recently. Maybe MORE OPEN CARRY might deter at least one wackjob from doing dirty deeds there.
    Maybe hiring a full time an armed, quality security person might be a deterrent?
    I know that's a lot of added on payroll numbers in the mix but surely it's more than likely it's cheaper than cleaning up biohazard messes from unfortunate innocents.
    A "Policy" or thought isn't going to stop the lunacy. Force on Force works well

With this open carry/ammo sales ban WALLY IS ALMOST AS SAFE AS A SCHOOL FOR COWARD NUT BAGS TO CARRY OUT THEIR ILL INTENT.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Didn’t see anything on Kroger’s website last night.

Wonder if if they will upgrade their security to account for their increased restrictions. Checkout, shopping aisles, parking lot? Last time I was their the “Security” guy was a pimple face fat kid busy chatting up the cute cashier. Not looking for more after the fact security like cameras to see what happened or mops to clean up the blood, rather proactive security to stop something before it happens. Like maybe a good guy(s) with a gun. Will they arm their security now?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm a big fan of Meijer but their ammo prices are a little steep.
    I hope they don't jump on the band wagon too.

Online ammo ordering saves money, time, andi s usually more convenient.
    LGS can get carried away on ammo prices and I seldom buy ammo from them except for personal protection ammo and then I buy locally but I do shop around for sensible prices.

EDIT:
    Meijers is the store that wouldn't sell me ammo without scanning my driver's license. Shotgun shells?

harmonyaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Well, the anti gun agenda rears its ugly head once more. I know I'm not telling anyone anything they don't know but Walmart's shelves are 90% full of Chinese junk that we can all do without and there are other places to shop for groceries. Sucks that it will inconvenient for a lot of members but I refuse to support these places of business.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Well, the anti gun agenda rears its ugly head once more. I know I'm not telling anyone anything they don't know but Walmart's shelves are 90% full of Chinese junk that we can all do without and there are other places to shop for groceries. Sucks that it will inconvenient for a lot of members but I refuse to support these places of business.

For this line of thinking to succeed we'll need a good mouthpiece that can sell our agenda to the retail gurus behind the desks thinking all this crap up

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We haven't been to WalMart in a while. They do not cater to our demographic (we wear pants in public), and the Brownsburg store is a mess.

My wife has been trying to avoid Kroger for a while. Same reasons. The Brownsburg store is a disaster most mornings. Not stocked, stinks, dirty, and she hates the tight parking lot. They were better when they had local competition, but have gone steadily downhill.

We actually drive up to Whole Foods now and then for some specialty items. Hit Meijer for staples, if we shop in-person. Peapod Delivery is starting to be very cost-effective, though. Not only on actual per item prices, but the saving in time and gas. Add in CostCo for dry goods and paper products, and not only is it cheaper, but more convenient (one trip per month, rather than weekly). Once Amazon's grocery delivery gets out this way... Kroger's days will be numbered.

I suspect places like Kroger and WalMart are really virtue-signaling, much like Gillette. Margins are tight, and they need to do SOMETHING to make a buck. Since most shoppers are women, and most women act on emotion (hey, sorry), they are simply appealing to those emotions. Who cares if they **** off the non-shopping men, and the few women that carry, if they get a few-percent boost in soccer moms? It isn't like Walmart was making a killing on ammo sales, or Kroger was having OC double-coupon days. This really isn't much of a change in practice, but sounds "good" in the news.

Personally - **** 'em. Sell me a quality product at a reasonable price, and shut up about your politics and social issues. I Do Not Care.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    LGS can get carried away on ammo prices and I seldom buy ammo from them except for personal protection ammo and then I buy locally but I do shop around for sensible prices.

EDIT:
    Meijers is the store that wouldn't sell me ammo without scanning my driver's license. Shotgun shells?

My only issue with online purchases is that block of ammo sitting on my front porch ready for some dirtbag to steal it.

Never had Meijer scan my license for ammo. They just looked at it to confirm my age.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My only issue with online purchases is that block of ammo sitting on my front porch ready for some dirtbag to steal it.

Never had Meijer scan my license for ammo. They just looked at it to confirm my age.

Meijer at Southport ad Emerson ave on the southeast side of INDY. I complained and was told its store policy. I won't buy there again.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Until congress decides that ammo can't be purchased online. As with most liberal nonsense, California is the model they want for the rest of the country.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Well, if WallyMart quits selling ammo for handguns, and rifles(223, 308, 7.62, etc), guess LGS will have an increase in business. I use to buy some 12ga, and 22lr, but most always my centerfire comes from LGS. I also CCW, and dont care if they post stickers on doors, or around their store.
    My Glock19 still is carried, spare mag too.

In a recent situation at Hobart WallyMart, an Offduty LEO intervened, and situation was resolved. Good Guy with a gun prevailed! I'm carrying only for my defense, not to anyone else's. Sorry to say, but Tombstone Courage isn't for me.

I'm not bothered by OC people, but why open the gates of possibly being a visual target?
    The Indiana DNR ranges limit OC carry already, been so for a few years. I can still target shoot, but carry in a gun case, then on way out of their property, arm up, carry IWB, or OWB. No issue with either!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    From Kroger website 9/4/2009 at 9:00am

Policy on customers carrying firearms in stores

The safety of our customers and associates is one of our most important company values. Our long-standing policy on this issue is to follow state and local laws, and to ask customers to be respectful of others while shopping. We know that our customers are passionate on both sides of this issue and we trust them to be responsible in our stores.

Well as of Wednesday morning Kroger still list "local laws" as their policy. Could it be that they are just testing the waters and getting some free media coverage? Perhaps it just takes so long to draft a new policy, have it proofread and approved, send it to the printers to be typeset, then print multiple copies of the new policy and finally have it delivered to all their stores for posting. Never mind, this is the age of the internet.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Write...write...write...

You can bet the folks wearing the red Moms Demand shirts are making their thoughts and preferences known. We should be doing it too. Let them know you think the stores are dirty, parking lots are messy, or that you're disappointed they're caving in to liberty robbing, gun grabbers.

https://corporate.walmart.com/store-corporate-feedback

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    From Kroger website 9/4/2009 at 9:00am

Well as of Wednesday morning Kroger still list "local laws" as their policy. Could it be that they are just testing the waters and getting some free media coverage? Perhaps it just takes so long to draft a new policy, have it proofread and approved, send it to the printers to be typeset, then print multiple copies of the new policy and finally have it delivered to all their stores for posting. Never mind, this is the age of the internet.

[h=1]Search Results[/h][h=2]Featured snippet from the web[/h]

(WMTV) - Kroger is asking shoppers not to openly carry guns in any of its stores in “open-carry” states, unless they are authorized law enforcement officers, CNBC reported Tuesday. The decision follows Walmart's announcement Tuesday, which banned open-carry firearms in its stores.14 hours ago

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

(WMTV) - Kroger is asking...

Yeah, I can find all the media sources too. I am talking about posting their new official corporate policy on their official corporate website. You know they had a boatload of meetings about it so plenty of time to prepare the webpage update to post.

Top Bottom