• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Exactly. It's not hard to imagine a time in the very near future when Amazon scans a user's history of recent purchases and sees people who purchased slings, holsters, or anything gun related and flags the account as a gun owner. The next step becomes, 'we don't want to deliver to that home. We can't have delivery people being exposed to unstable gun nuts. It makes them uncomfortable.'

I don't want them coming to my home - they're too dangerous.

[video=youtube;FhnwPMx8wuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhnwPMx8wuQ[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I doubt a four week boycott by a subset of gun owners is enough to warrant layoffs, but maybe it was an influencing factor.

I went there on Sunday looking for fresh clams (they had none) was reminded of the myriad reasons I hate that store.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I doubt a four week boycott by a subset of gun owners is enough to warrant layoffs, but maybe it was an influencing factor....

Sadly, too many of us have doubts about what kind of an influence gun owners may have. This negativity is often justification for continuing to fund the gun grabbers cause.

IMHO, Kroger might be looking at different financials had they opposed the anti-gun pressure and announced that they will continue to ask that their customers follow state law, in their firearm carry methods.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sadly, too many of us have doubts about what kind of an influence gun owners may have. This negativity is often justification for continuing to fund the gun grabbers cause.

I suspect gun owners talk big like every other group when it comes to boycotts.

I would hazard a guess that the upcoming tariffs on French cheese and Scotch whisky will have more effect on the bottom line of grocers.

With Kroger, Walmart, Meijer and Aldi all in lockstep, where are the boycotting gun owners getting groceries? Show me an article where this store chain is seeing unprecedented profits and I'll be a believer.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you don't believe Kroger's decline in sales, why would you believe another stores increase?

Lotta folks still don't believe Dick's decline in sales to have anything to do with their anti-gun policies. :rolleyes:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you don't believe Kroger's decline in sales, why would you believe another stores increase?

Maybe I wasn't clear: I'll fully believe that Kroger's sales are declining due to a boycott when I see (gun loving) store X sales increasing.

Lotta folks still don't believe Dick's decline in sales to have anything to do with their anti-gun policies. :rolleyes:
    Dick's had several problems, and when they took guns off the shelves, or jacked up the prices, there was serious outrage from a large number of gun owners.

For Kroger / Walmart / Meijer / Aldi, they've only irritated a small subset: Those of us who do open carry in their stores.

Boycotting Dick's was pretty easy - for most part they sucked. But now to boycott all of those grocery / department stores...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's the same 'ol story...

Whether or not rolling the dice on funding anti-gun sympathetic companies is worth your inconvenience?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's the same 'ol story...

Whether or not rolling the dice on funding anti-gun sympathetic companies is worth your inconvenience?

Pretty much. Goes for about anything - movies, stores, books, travel, etc., etc.

I usually go to Paula’s restaurant on Main St. for fresh seafood. They have a fresh market in the front of the restaurant.
    Oh yeah... next time.

This was a spur of the moment thing - got a hankerin' for clam chowder and ended up with canned clams - bought two cans, found two in the pantry when I got home. Still sated my desired; and renewed my hatred of Kroger.

Top Bottom