• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Not up on AR style rifles ,but with the ban by Walmart on short barrel ammo sales ,how will this affect AR10 ammunition 308
    this is a black rifle also

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Here is an interesting find from Walmart's corporate policy page:

Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.

Didn't think that the NRA, NSSF or some other knowledgeable gun organization might have valuable input? No wonder they've been continuously tightening up guns policy over recent years. That's enough for me. Bye, bye Walmart.

Hat tip: TTAG.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I live in the country, have a small town to my north, and one to my south.

My grocery store choices are Wal Mart and Kroger. Nothing else. I am not going to drive 35 miles one way for groceries, just can't do it. I'll hold my nose, carry concealed, and continue to shout into the bucket that is called the internet........

Things are not going to break our way anytime in the foreseeable future, I do fear.

deingy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Centerville
    Who's Responsible?

DidnÂ’t see anything on KrogerÂ’s website last night.

Wonder if if they will upgrade their security to account for their increased restrictions. Checkout, shopping aisles, parking lot? Last time I was their the “Security” guy was a pimple face fat kid busy chatting up the cute cashier. Not looking for more after the fact security like cameras to see what happened or mops to clean up the blood, rather proactive security to stop something before it happens. Like maybe a good guy(s) with a gun. Will they arm their security now?
    In light of the insanity that goes on now, any business that prohibits you from protecting yourself and family should have the liability of providing at least that level of protection they've barred you from providing. Dial-a-Prayer won't hack it. Why don't we see lawers jumping on this?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    In light of the insanity that goes on now, any business that prohibits you from protecting yourself and family should have the liability of providing at least that level of protection they've barred you from providing. Dial-a-Prayer won't hack it. Why don't we see lawers jumping on this?
    Law Enforcement isn't even legally required to provide any protection. Why would a private business?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

We hate specious lawsuits and celebrate personal responsibility - till we don't.

If Kroger et al are too dangerous, then take some responsibility for you families safety and don't go there.

Oh, and I see I'm about ten years late on this, but, :welcome:to :ingo:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Law Enforcement isn't even legally required to provide any protection. Why would a private business?

Exactly...

We hate specious lawsuits and celebrate personal responsibility - till we don't.

If Kroger et al are too dangerous, then take some responsibility for you families safety and don't go there.

Agreed... tough to have it both ways on some of these things relating to personal responsibility. Also, difficult to say blame the criminal for their action, but then want to blame the business where the criminal decided to perpetrate his criminal activity.

And if there was a dime to make, there would be an ambulance chaser doing so...

BLindzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    Mishawaka
    We have a Kroger 2 blocks from our house and it draws some pretty shady people in. We only go there is we need like one thing that we forgot to get on the trip to our usual store. My wife has actually had a guy try to follow her home from there. Sorry, yet another place with a “no gun” rule that I either will ignore or just drive the extra mile to another store.

n9tkf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2018
    Just before the earth ends.
    I use the Walmart pickup option, wife goes on the internet picks the items and pays. We go to the shooting range in the morning and then straight to Walmart to pick up the order. Plenty of parking and they bring it right to the car. Keeps me away from the receipt cop on the way out and being hearded like cattle on the way in.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Friends of ours can now get Amazon food delivery (Whole Foods, I think) in Clermont. We/They can already get Amazon's Prime Pantry (dry and canned goods).

I think the day of walk-in general grocers is drawing to a close. We are using delivery and walk-in specialty shops (fish market, butcher, etc...) more and more. Why deal with rude people, poor service, dirty stores, unstocked shelves, and poor quality products if you don't have to?

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Heard a newscast on WIBC regarding Guy Relford's take on the restrictions.
    As a business, these stores have a right to make policies. People should respect that right.
    Most people that carry, however, carry concealed so no real relevant change here - at least for now.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have a hard time keeping up. Is Amazon a company we boycott or are they a 2A friendly company? Just because they allow me to Open Carry while I sit at my keyboard doesn't make them an appealing alternative to Kroger, etal.

Exactly. It's not hard to imagine a time in the very near future when Amazon scans a user's history of recent purchases and sees people who purchased slings, holsters, or anything gun related and flags the account as a gun owner. The next step becomes, 'we don't want to deliver to that home. We can't have delivery people being exposed to unstable gun nuts. It makes them uncomfortable.'

Top Bottom