BFA.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    There you go, you've found the only 2 stores that don't prohibit lawful carry. Time for an OC shopping event. I do love Aldi, too bad they don't have a better selection. My closest Fresh Thyme is 30 minutes away though.

I'm in. Whos with me? Let's pick a store, show up en masse, and show our appreciation by publicly showing our support for those businesses which respect our 2A rights.

EDIT: We should inform local media (and the store?) we're doing this to get some positive coverage.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    They may have not published it, but they've had this policy for a number of years. I know a guy who was asked to leave because he was printing his CCW.
    Even Gander Mtn threw a guy out because he wouldn't "check" his CCW.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Well, the anti gun agenda rears its ugly head once more. I know I'm not telling anyone anything they don't know but Walmart's shelves are 90% full of Chinese junk that we can all do without and there are other places to shop for groceries. Sucks that it will inconvenient for a lot of members but I refuse to support these places of business.
    And yet you do! Where do your electronics, clothes, fuel, almost everything come from? What companies ship it or what boats bring it? What kids makes your clothes, um? Who controls the logistics?

Smith & Wesson is headquartered in an anti-gun state, are you hypocrites for buying their products?

Just how serious are you? Do we even see the irony?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Down here in Lawrenceburg, there is Walmart and Kroger. I will do my due diligence and look around for a more 2A friendly store. We had an IGA open for a couple months, but it was never even fully finished before they closed up.

I live in the same area as you. You are right - we don't have many choices to buy groceries from. Krogers ran out the Biggs and IGA out of business.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    News media are twisting what these stores are saying. I have heard and read today that Krogers, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, & CVS no longer allow guns in their stores. Wrong. They no longer allow open carry. I just got off a long phone call with CVS and talked to a couple customer reps and management. They clarified to me that their new store policy is only against open carry. They still are OK with concealed carry (I will still conceal carry regardless what these stores say). I told CVS they might want to reannounce their policy since the news media is twisting it to no guns allowed. The only one of these stores that really frost me is Wal-Mart because their CEO is writing letters to Congress asking for gun bans including handguns. He has went too far.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've heard on different shows that these outfits are not gonna enforce their requests to not open carry much less venture into concealed carry.

It really doesn't matter other than that the businesses have now jumped the fence to publicly declare that they support gun control. They also piled on at a time, as to make a massive statement to influence the public against us as gun owners. Their underhanded efforts certainly keep gun control at the top of the news cycle and may well influence naive folks to think negatively about us.

It is totally their business to do what they choose. The same as it is totally my business to choose not to support gun control or any company that does. I'll go out of my way not to do so. :twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom