Lady comes to defense of police officer shooting assailant, now getting sued.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    I don't think that target for funding was that high when I saw it on FB. I think they've moved the bar up.

That's why I have USCCA.

It was that high yesterday when I got email from state FOP, either way any excess is going to 2 good causes if there is any left over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "Where a person uses reasonable force in self-defense or the defense of a third person they cannot be held, quote, 'in any legal jeopardy whatsoever,' end quote. And any legal jeopardy whatsoever unquestionably includes civil liability or being a defendant in a civil lawsuit," said Relford.

That's pretty much a open/shut case. It should never make it to trial.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They will undoubtedly claim that the amount of force was not necessary.

Don't they always?

Also, had their dead scumbag taken the officers gun and shot him with it they would be yelling that it was an accident, one time thing, under the influence and to be lenient on him.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

"Your gun is for you and your loved ones. It isn’t for a random stranger’s defense, even if that stranger is a cop. Before you pull that trigger, you need to ask yourself a hard question: “Is saving this person worth potentially a lifetime jail sentence or hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees?”

This is what happens when we see these cases. Just what the cop said he fears. It deters us from helping.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    Update, I received a phone call from Senator Jim Tomes today. He is truly a 2nd amendment patriot and needs our support in his bid for re-election and I was honored that he took the time to call and discuss some topics. He was disgusted with this lawsuit just as we all are. He's already spoken with the attorney that is representing the female hero. He also stated that he has been in contact with other members of the Indiana House and Senate. They are going to try to come up with a amendment to reword the castle doctrine so that these types of lawsuits can't go forward. Hopefully they can, but it will take some time. Please take time to find your local Representative and send them a quick e-mail.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Happy to see it's going so well. A little of that was mine and it's the best money I've spent this year.
    Maybe once the other attorney see's this lady has backing he will understand there will be no easy pay day and drop it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is exactly the type of thing the NRA legal defense fund SHOULD be used for.
    I'll be surprised and upset if thy don't champion this heroine's case.

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    This is exactly the type of thing the NRA legal defense fund SHOULD be used for.
    I'll be surprised and upset if thy don't champion this heroine's case.

Agree totally. I e-mailed them as well before i started this thread, but haven't had a response. Not sure if you have to be a member before they will represent you for something like this? Does anyone know?

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Being a resident of SE Indiana this has been in the news a lot since it happened. Here is a recent link to the local story. The family has been trying to get SE Indiana lawyers to sue and had no luck so they got a scum bag ambulance chasing law firm from Cincinnati (Blake Maislin) to take their case. The attached story lists the drugs that were in the bad guy's system - namely meth. The story does not mention that at that time there had been a lot of break ins during the day in SE Indiana while people were working. So when the big perpetrator was parked in a lady's driveway and refused to leave it made people more than a little nervous. Then when he started punching the Conservation Officer who responded to the call the neighbor got involved and did the right thing. The story goes into a little more detail. Of course some of his friends have been making false comments whenever the story comes up on the local website so don't believe all the comments at the bottom of the article.
    www.eaglecountryonline.com/news/loc...against-woman-who-saved-conservation-officer/

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Let us hope that there will be a vigorous countersuit, both against the family wanting the payday, and the attorney looking for a bigger payday.

Top Bottom