Lady comes to defense of police officer shooting assailant, now getting sued.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    I think in instances like these, if the defendant wins the case, the plaintiff should have to forfeit the same amount to the defendant, if they're suing for a million, when they loose the give a million to the defendant!

that'll stop bull s**t lawsuits like this!

OR we go back to my "shoot a lawyer day" idea

here's "shoot a lawyer day". everytime some "bull s**t waste court time" lawsuit gets filed, like "I cant get little debbies in the jail commissary", or "little timmy climbed to the top of a church building and fell and broke his arm", or "sally got drunk in a bar and was in a accident so I'm suing Budweiser beer", you know bull s**t lawsuits. the judge writes down the name of the idiot lawyer on a list (cause its the lawyers fault these cases happen! the lawyer could say no you don't have a case), and on april 1st (cause its april fools day) he hangs the list of lawyers names on a dart board, and throws a dart, and whoever's name he hits, the bailiff gets to shoot lawyer 1 time, if he lives he lives, if he dies, he dies either way, i'll guarantee that the next year, there wont be some lawsuit over somebody getting "fat because they ate too much mcdonalds food" (and yes that lawsuit was filled)

I do hope guy has filed a countersuit for harassment and emotional distress caused by the family's lawsuit and for the distress caused by the family's son's choice to force her shoot him!

Amen 100% to that BUT sadly almost ALL politicians are snake lawyers and they protect their 'own' snakes.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ...he's always been a good boy...

...but he was just starting to get his life together...

...if Obama had a son...

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I read the complaint, and it was so badly written so as to ruin my Saturday. However, in my prior life we would be the target of these baseless suits all the time.

And, why is the plaintiff's attorney doing this? See 42 U.S.C. 1988. He filed a suit under the federal deprivation of rights under color of law, 42 U.S.C. 1983. If he prevails on any substantial claim, even a small one, he gets his attorney fees paid. If he loses, they will likely not have to pay any of the defense attorney fees, as Indiana is an "American Rule" jurisdiction (each side bears its own costs, in most cases).

If the judge finds that this is a frivolous case the plaintiff and plaintiff's attorney may be on the hook for sanctions. However, judges almost never issue sanctions.

I'm surprised the defense hasn't removed this to federal court; however, I"m not on the inside and I will not second guess the Deputy AG or Mr. Relford's handling of this case. In any event, I strongly suspect the defendants will have much better representation than the plaintiff.

And, a side note about competence: The plaintiff also sued the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. DNR is an instrumentality of the state, and a state is not a "person" for purposes of 42 U.S.C. 1983.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Update posted:

On behalf of the FOP and Kystie Jaehnen, I would like to extend our sincere appreciation for the enormous amount of kindness and support shown to our Law Enforcement and Ms Jaehnen. Unfortunately, Ms Jaehnen is not at liberty to make a statement, but I can assure you that she is grateful beyond words for your support.

Top Bottom