• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Leave my r2d2 alone. He is the BEST thing to ever come out of star wars. BB8 tries but he is still a toddler.
    I agree. I can forgive the plot hole because the resulting story is better overall for it. But it IS a plot hole. So is the fact that Obiwan is old in ANH, but so young in the prequels not that many years before. They had to cover it with some nonsense story that Obiwan aged prematurely because of the binary suns. That seems to be cannon. Again, the story is better for having a younger Obiwan in the prequels.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree. I can forgive the plot hole because the resulting story is better overall for it. But it IS a plot hole. So is the fact that Obiwan is old in ANH, but so young in the prequels not that many years before. They had to cover it with some nonsense story that Obiwan aged prematurely because of the binary suns. That seems to be cannon. Again, the story is better for having a younger Obiwan in the prequels.

There's 30+ years difference between I and IV, Alec Guinness was 63 in Ep IV. Still a bit off, but not that horrible.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Speaking of millennium falcon, is boba still in the sarlac pit? If so where is Slave one? It should be even older than the falcon.
    maybe ships are built better than todays cars and can last way longer/be upgraded with new systems.

Non-cannon the Ebon Hawk was around for a LONG time as well. And didnt someone find a crashed jedi star fighter on genosis galactic empire era and use it to get home?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Speaking of millennium falcon, is boba still in the sarlac pit? If so where is Slave one? It should be even older than the falcon.
    maybe ships are built better than todays cars and can last way longer/be upgraded with new systems.

Non-cannon the Ebon Hawk was around for a LONG time as well. And didnt someone find a crashed jedi star fighter on genosis galactic empire era and use it to get home?

Technically he's still digesting. Slave One probably is still in the garage at Jabba's Palace. Some other Hutt probably has it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's 30+ years difference between I and IV, Alec Guinness was 63 in Ep IV. Still a bit off, but not that horrible.
    Luke was supposed to be ~19 in ANH. Obi Wan was present at the twins’ birth. So less than 20 years passed on Tatooine between III and IV. So the math works out that Obi Wan would have been ~ mid 50s. Vader would have been mid 40s.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Luke was supposed to be ~19 in ANH. Obi Wan was present at the twins’ birth. So less than 20 years passed on Tatooine between III and IV. So the math works out that Obi Wan would have been ~ mid 50s. Vader would have been mid 40s.

Vader is the better example, certainly. He looked really old... BUT... the emperor looked really old too after getting his force lightening directed back at him. Maybe the Emperor "tuned up" Vader every once in a while?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Vader is the better example, certainly. He looked really old... BUT... the emperor looked really old too after getting his force lightening directed back at him. Maybe the Emperor "tuned up" Vader every once in a while?
    Yeah. That much is cannon as well. But I don’t need those kinds of explanations, understanding that Lucus wrote himself in a corner on some decisions that made what he wanted to do with later films more difficult. And it’s not that egregious. Okay. So the actors ages between movies aren’t consistent with the combined story arc. It’s more forgivable than Jar Jar Binks. And the dreadful sappy dialog in the prequels. And the obvious chasm between the visions of JJ Abrams and Ryan Johnson.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I think everything in the prequels is forgivable because everybody wanted to see what they knew was coming, how Darth Vader was born.

I was mad when Disney bought it. I don't care at this point what they do to the stories as long as I get more Star Wars. That is until the two dudes start making out.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    New series on netflix called the toys that made us.
    https://youtu.be/ssgWySa6uvQ

Episode 1 talks about how the star wars toys came to be. A few fun facts that i did not know about especially how the actual toys were made/demoed.

I skipped ep2 and 3 as it was barbie and ???.
    But watched episode 4 which is gi joe.
    And now im :xmad: at star wars because in essence back in 1994 hasbro finally bought out kenner and got the star wars license for $$$$$$$ and thus needed to save moneg so hasbro killed its own child, gi joe, cause its new baby, star wars, was going to make them lots of jaja binks money.

:xmad:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think everything in the prequels is forgivable because everybody wanted to see what they knew was coming, how Darth Vader was born.

I was mad when Disney bought it. I don't care at this point what they do to the stories as long as I get more Star Wars. That is until the two dudes start making out.

Soon... oh so soon you will get your wish and 2 non-human male dudes will fall in love in star wars and then 2 male humans will kiss as well.

Search your feelings you know its true. Its a hige untapped market that disney is eyeing. After all they already have "pride" day at the parks.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well given that they've already had homosexual relationships in at least two of their teenie shows, it seems hard to imagine they won't introduce it to SW as well. It's part of their corporate morality.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    New series on netflix called the toys that made us.
    https://youtu.be/ssgWySa6uvQ

Episode 1 talks about how the star wars toys came to be. A few fun facts that i did not know about especially how the actual toys were made/demoed.

I skipped ep2 and 3 as it was barbie and ???.
    But watched episode 4 which is gi joe.
    And now im :xmad: at star wars because in essence back in 1994 hasbro finally bought out kenner and got the star wars license for $$$$$$$ and thus needed to save moneg so hasbro killed its own child, gi joe, cause its new baby, star wars, was going to make them lots of jaja binks money.

:xmad:

I've already blown threw that entire series. It was pretty cool. I especially liked how (in the SW episode) it showed all the companies that passed on the toys, the expiration of the Mattel/Hasbro contract, and how Lucas made them pay out the butt later to relicense them.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Soon... oh so soon you will get your wish and 2 non-human male dudes will fall in love in star wars and then 2 male humans will kiss as well.

Search your feelings you know its true. Its a hige untapped market that disney is eyeing. After all they already have "pride" day at the parks.

When I lived in Key West it was just "Gay Day". Even to the alphabet people before they were alphabet people!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Im not sure what disney calls it.
    I did not what to say the g word cause i was not sure if it was an ok word here to use or get the mods on me for it thus i used the pride word.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Im not sure what disney calls it.
    I did not what to say the g word cause i was not sure if it was an ok word here to use or get the mods on me for it thus i used the pride word.

Said the guy with a Hello Kitty holding a pink furnitured AK avatar.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :rofl:
    Are you messing with my hello kitty!!!
    Them fighting words!!

We will have to chain you to a chair and force you to watch ep1 the best of ja ja binks for 8 hours straight!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Long ago, I reached the zen of Jar Jar.

In life, some people must simply be tolerated. No reason the same shouldn't apply to aliens.

To pick up on another thread about Luke, he's really never succeeded at anything on his own. In way, it is entirely in keeping with his personal history that his ultimate act was a deceit.

He wanted to go to the Academy (Imperial, at that). Couldn't get it done.

Set out to help some random hot chick that he saw in a hologram. Basically played sidekick to an old Jedi and a charming smuggler who was into the same chick.

Lost a showdown with his arch nemesis dad, and his hand, only to be saved by the same hot chick.

Basically lost a showdown with his uber arch nemesis, and was only saved by the personal sacrifice of his dad.

Established a new Jedi temple which resulted in the killing of potential jedis and the turning to the dark side of his most promising student.

If it weren't for bad luck, this guy wouldn't have any luck at all.

All of Mark Hamil's angst notwithstanding, I think the most recent incarnation of Luke is probably the most apt character development for him. Except he was probably too funny. At some point, this desert rat kid had to realize he was a loser, with all the bitterness that came along with it.

Top Bottom