• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I'm just amazed that we have made it to 20 posts without hearing how the sky is going to fall and we're all big babies for not wanting it to stay like it is. I'm guessing that will change tonight...:popcorn:

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    And to think I was going to have to hunt in KY to use my 6.5G on a deer. This would be great, even though my hunting spots are more shotgun friendly!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    So.....444 Marlin? :)

The proposal calls for everything from .243 on up, with a minimum case length of 1.16", so yes, your .444 Marlin would be legal instantly.

So I can use my Remmington 700 BDL in 30-06 to hunt deers now??

Dunno if you're joking about that, but .30-06 was perfectly legal for firearms season last year.
    I successfully brought home a six point buck with my own Ruger .30-06.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    I am ready to mothball my shortened brass and hope I never need it again. It was a fun ride with 35 Rem, 358 win, 38-55, 375 win and 45-70. I am glad I only shortened 20 375s.

Say your prayers!

David

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm just amazed that we have made it to 20 posts without hearing how the sky is going to fall and we're all big babies for not wanting it to stay like it is. I'm guessing that will change tonight...:popcorn:

The sky didn't fall this past season. None of the horrors we were sure to endure came to pass. The chicken littles will likely be reticent to make the same claims again.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    This bill does not change the private land use only wording. So if this passes as it is currently written you still can only use hpr on privately owned land

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    I think this bill will pass the house as written. Problems may arise in the Senate natural resources comittee if the chair is the same person as last year.

Steve

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    The sky didn't fall this past season. None of the horrors we were sure to endure came to pass. The chicken littles will likely be reticent to make the same claims again.

You have more faith in them than I do. I expect those who weep and wail will never stop weeping and wailing. They don`t care about credibility because they`ve not had any.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I think it will change back when the time is up because the DNR doesn't like someone else doing their job .

And I agree that the professional wildlife biologists ought to be the ones who make and set regulations that are about the biology and health of the herd. The use of weaponry however is a social issue, not one of biology, so I have no issue with the state legislature taking up the issue. I just wish they had consulted knowledgeable hunters who have no agenda, before they settled on only the calibers they did initially.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    And I agree that the professional wildlife biologists ought to be the ones who make and set regulations that are about the biology and health of the herd. The use of weaponry however is a social issue, not one of biology, so I have no issue with the state legislature taking up the issue. I just wish they had consulted knowledgeable hunters who have no agenda, before they settled on only the calibers they did initially.

The DNR should handle "social issues" too that pertain to hunting.. They have done so in the past, but IMO with mixed results. But NOBODY can screw something up worse than a legislator..

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    The DNR should handle "social issues" too that pertain to hunting.. They have done so in the past, but IMO with mixed results. But NOBODY can screw something up worse than a legislator..

They shouldn't have dragged their feet on allowing HPR in Indiana. I am thankful that we still have some legislators who are willing to get involved in issues that are easier left ignored on their end. Even if they screwed up the change last year with caliber restrictions and the public land issue, they at least opened the door for future discussion.

Top Bottom