• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    “The force of the electricity shot through her body, lifted her, and threw her against a wall,” the suit alleges.

Sorry, lost me right there.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I lied, couldn't help myself. More bull**** spewed from someone wanting some free money.

"The mother describes the girl as suffering in pain the entire night from the Taser shock"

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Read this the other day. I'd like to see a taser pick someone up and throw them against the wall.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...and a suicidal 8 years old....sounds to me like they have a lot more to worry about that a few seconds of high voltage.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    “The force of the electricity shot through her body, lifted her, and threw her against a wall,” the suit alleges.

They must have cooler Tasers than us. Ones that have a "suspend physics" button.

I'm sure they would have also sued if they stood by and watched her cut herself. "They are here to protect us, and they just stood there while my charming little princess sliced her wrist."

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    The victim described the scene she saw to a sketch artist as she was being zapped across the room...
    POLICETAZERINNOCENTCITIZEN_zps3450ee6c.jpg

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

This might be within the realms of physics if the current is DC, which tends to "knock" you away because it causes muscles to contract involuntarily. AC current tends to "freeze" you because the current is alternating so quickly that your muscles are basically being told to do opposite motions at the same time. So it's not entirely impossible that if the girl was in the right position, the electric shock might have caused her muscles to throw herself against the wall in one spasm. On the other hand, I thought taser is meant to paralyze.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    This might be within the realms of physics if the current is DC, which tends to "knock" you away because it causes muscles to contract involuntarily. AC current tends to "freeze" you because the current is alternating so quickly that your muscles are basically being told to do opposite motions at the same time. So it's not entirely impossible that if the girl was in the right position, the electric shock might have caused her muscles to throw herself against the wall in one spasm. On the other hand, I thought taser is meant to paralyze.

Or it is Washington DC physics. All facts and newtonian physics are thrown out the window and replaced by belief, opinion, climate change, hippies crying over the death of trees, and warm fuzzies to protect the children...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Every Taser deployment I've seen ends in the person stiffening up like a board and falling down. Somebody is hearing the cha-ching of a cash register.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been hit with about the same delivery a taser has by a hi-output ignition in my drag car. It put me on the floor right be the fender. Did not throw me anywhere. Hurt like a Biatch for a while.
    Been hit with much higher amperage in a 440 3 phase power source. Again, knocked to the floor once it let me go.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Years ago, I'm guessing before they came out with these fancy Star War Death Rays, part of the taser training was being shocked by them. They hurt, but out of 40 people being shocked, no one was ever thrown across the room. Everyone just pretty much fell where they stood. Some of the bigger guys just fell to a knee.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I know nothing about electricity, but Tasers are definitely the "freeze" one. I took a full ride for training, one prong went through my belt and the other in my leg just above my knee. It locked up every muscle between them. As soon as the Taser shut off, the pain instantly stopped and the muscles relaxed. The residual affect was the same as if I'd been doing squats for a lot of reps, just muscle soreness for a bit.

Top Bottom