• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    FWIW, I did send an e-mail to the ISP asking if there was any statutory prohibition against photocopying a LTCH, if only to put the matter to rest for the archives.

So far, I have not received a reply.

I'll be interested to know the response you get. There have been threads on that topic before, but what's true a year or four ago can and does change - having current info would be great.

2009 thread:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._an_ltch_license_to_carry_a_hangun_redux.html

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Fedex/Kinkos in Bloomington has a do-it-yourself laminator. So if you are able to print it on the pink paper yourself, you don't even have to ask them to laminate it for you. Just pay and leave.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I just got back from the Office Depot in Anderson, off Scatterfield, next to Walgreens. The lady told me it was illegal to copy "gun permits" and I have to go to the police for a copy. I just said "ok" and walked out. I hate when they tell me it's illegal. If it's against their policy, then fine, that is their choice, but don't go lying to customers.

Does anyone know the IC that says it's not illegal?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Does anyone have any insight into the made and model of this pink paper? I would prefer an exact match but will settle for "close enough".

exact multipurpose 20# bond pink.

i would assume this would work http://www.staples.com/Staples-30-R...py-Paper/product_SS992797#id='dropdown_16992' they copied mine a few years ago and it was a close enough match, plus i doubt staples has it's own papermill, so im sure its exact bond in a staples package

Evansville seems to be a little out of the loop, anyone down here have any insight?

i had mine done at staples on burkhardt rd a few years ago, 5 copies, laminated on pink cost less than 5 bucks(but i hear they dont do that anymore)

as a employee of both a printshop and a gun shop, i tell everyone to scan it into your computer(unsigned!!!!) and go buy a ream of pink 20# bond, make 3 or 4 copies, then sign them! carry one and keep the rest in your safe, as for the lamination, you can buy self lamination kits at just about any office supply store
    http://www.staples.com/Fellowes-Business-Card-Size-Self-Adhesive-Laminating-Pouches-5-mil-5-pack/product_572893
    or ask your local mom and pop printshop about laminating(there might still be a few around, but not many)

i know more than one person who has used packing tape to self laminate their indiana ltch

XDmShootr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Brazil, Indiana
    Take Staples in Terre Haute off this list. I went in there today to get some copies of my LTCH made and one laminated and they told me they no longer make copies.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Take Staples in Terre Haute off this list. I went in there today to get some copies of my LTCH made and one laminated and they told me they no longer make copies.

Give it a week (or just ask a different employee on a different day), they'll probably be back to copying them without any issue for a while.

Most of these places change their non-existent "LTCH copy policy" on a whim, a guess or a shift change. ;)

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'd just like to find the right color paper in a local stores around e-vill. All I can find is the bright pink.

The pretty pink paper you are looking for is Pink Exact Multi-Purpose 20# Bond (identified elsewhere in this thread - in the OP and on page 3 for details). You can order it online but that may be overkill as you typically have to buy an entire ream. You can call around and ask for it by name, someone will have it. Good luck!

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    You guys are going to a lot of trouble and expense for nothing. My H.P. Photosmart printer makes a perfect pink copy on white paper. Hasn't anyone ever tried it?

Nim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Falls City Area / Clark County
    OFFICE DEPOT in Clarksville had pink paper so close you have to have them next to each other to see the slight difference in shade.

3 copies, laminated with no problem.

The lady even reminded me I had to sign it first!

Top Bottom