• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    that's the problem with these people at the places that won't copy LTCH...
    they're misinformed and ignorant of the law. it's not illegal to copy it.

The reason they say that is because on most commercial copiers, there is a sticker that says don't copy driver's licenses, government documents, etc., etc. I know we have one on all of our large copiers at work.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    policy trumps law? :dunno: just curious, I don't get it...
    would you get fired for copying a document that's not illegal to copy in the first place?

Technically if you're not union there's nothing stopping them from firing you for that.

Hold on, guys. It's not a company thing. The copiers came from the factory with the sticker on them. My company could care less what I copy. Probably just Xerox covering their a$$.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Went to staples in Warsaw despite already seeing on here they would not do it. Indeed they would not but the lady was nice enough to sell me as many pieces of the exact paper they use as I wish at $0.10 per page. I got 10 of them and going to do it at home. She also told me I was welcome to come back when finished and get them all laminated. So if you wish to do it on your own Staples in Warsaw is a good place to go.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Went to staples in Warsaw despite already seeing on here they would not do it. Indeed they would not but the lady was nice enough to sell me as many pieces of the exact paper they use as I wish at $0.10 per page. I got 10 of them and going to do it at home. She also told me I was welcome to come back when finished and get them all laminated. So if you wish to do it on your own Staples in Warsaw is a good place to go.

Cool. I already did mine and with a magnifying glass you can tell the difference, but they look great. Wausau pink, 20# is exactly the same paper. Good to know they will at least work with you though.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    doesn't even have to be on pink paper
    (there's no law or policy requiring it)

No, however the ISP has stated that "officially" only the original is valid. Since all originals are on pink paper almost all officers would know any LTCH not on pink paper is a copy. If you got a anti-carry officer involved he could make your day not so pleasant.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No, however the ISP has stated that "officially" only the original is valid. Since all originals are on pink paper almost all officers would know any LTCH not on pink paper is a copy. If you got a anti-carry officer involved he could make your day not so pleasant.
    Or just don't carry it, as that requirement is no longer in effect. I carry a pink copy, but I have a white copy in my glove box.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Or just don't carry it, as that requirement is no longer in effect. I carry a pink copy, but I have a white copy in my glove box.

Really? Could you source that claim? I thought you had to have it on you because of the requirement to show it to any LEO who asks for it that is like "Oh my freaking cow - that citizen has a gun!!!"

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Really? Could you source that claim? I thought you had to have it on you because of the requirement to show it to any LEO who asks for it that is like "Oh my freaking cow - that citizen has a gun!!!"

I'm betting you would lose the battle if a LEO pulled you, saw your gun, asked for your ticket and you say "Hey, I'm not required to carry my LTCH."

Yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't say you have to, but it doesn't you don't have to, either. It all comes down to how much time you want to spend on the side of the road. Possibly handcuffed.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I'm betting you would lose the battle if a LEO pulled you, saw your gun, asked for your ticket and you say "Hey, I'm not required to carry my LTCH."

Yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't say you have to, but it doesn't you don't have to, either. It all comes down to how much time you want to spend on the side of the road. Possibly handcuffed.

Is there not a legal requirement to show a LEO your permission slip when asked? If there really is I would think that means you must have it available.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    the act of losing your LTCH would not in turn make it invalid would it? no.
    memorize the number and if you don't have it with you, giving the number
    would help them run it and match it to your ID or whatever info you give them, etc...
    as with the case of a driver's license...losing it doesn't automatically suspend it

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    the act of losing your LTCH would not in turn make it invalid would it? no.
    memorize the number and if you don't have it with you, giving the number
    would help them run it and match it to your ID or whatever info you give them, etc...
    as with the case of a driver's license...losing it doesn't automatically suspend it

Yea, I just reread the law on this and it only states that you have to be licensed, does not say anything about having to have it on you. This actually makes me feel better about carrying a copy of the license. If a LEO ever noticed it was a copy (somehow) I could just say: Yep, it is a copy of the original that I only carry for purposes of helping prove that I am legally licensed to carry.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Anyone know where I can find all the legal text for all the gun law changes that went into effect July 1st?

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    LTCH is not as much about the law as it is about the cop and his demeanor that day. We all know you'd better be issued a LTCH. Now you carry your white or invisible one and I'll carry what looks to be my original one. And they all lived happily ever after.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Avoid the FED-Ex store on 96th ///7800 E 96th St Fishers, IN 46038. The clerk told me I was trying to get him to commit a felony by copying it. I went to the self serve and he said if I didnt leave he would call the cops because then I was attempting to commit a felony... I lol'd pretty hard, told him to look it up and then left.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Avoid the FED-Ex store on 96th ///7800 E 96th St Fishers, IN 46038. The clerk told me I was trying to get him to commit a felony by copying it. I went to the self serve and he said if I didnt leave he would call the cops because then I was attempting to commit a felony... I lol'd pretty hard, told him to look it up and then left.

wow. that guy. what a complete d**che.

Top Bottom