• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Avoid the FED-Ex store on 96th ///7800 E 96th St Fishers, IN 46038. The clerk told me I was trying to get him to commit a felony by copying it. I went to the self serve and he said if I didnt leave he would call the cops because then I was attempting to commit a felony... I lol'd pretty hard, told him to look it up and then left.

WOW! Added to the OP with a big red AVOID in front of it. Thanks for the heads up. Please report back with your other findings as well, good or bad!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Avoid the FED-Ex store on 96th ///7800 E 96th St Fishers, IN 46038. The clerk told me I was trying to get him to commit a felony by copying it. I went to the self serve and he said if I didnt leave he would call the cops because then I was attempting to commit a felony... I lol'd pretty hard, told him to look it up and then left.

That level of a$$hattery actually makes me want to go there and crank off a few copies. ;)

I'd have definitely told the employee to go ahead and make that call.

jaekit27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2014
    Gas City
    You can add Staples in Marion, IN to the AVOID list. When I asked for copies and for them to laminate them the lady said it was against the law. I politely told her that she was misinformed but I would not push the issue. She said she would be happy to laminate my original. I declined and asked her for 10 sheets of the pink paper, bought some laminate and went home and scanned, printed copies and laminated them.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    If you are in Evansville, I can make copies for ya, I even have a stack of the pepto bismo pink paper

I'll be in Evansville on Monday. What part of Evansville do you live? I live in Princeton and got mine done at Clarion. They were nice and even did it with a cop standing right behind me eyeballing my Firestar .40 under my shirt. But all they had was dark pink card stock. I had it copied 5 times and laminated anyway. But I'd rather it be closer to the original color.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I do my own, actually. Just bought a Laser (color) printer and I just print one out when needed, though I made about 5 copies to start. If you're going to laminate it, even an ink jet would probably do, especially since you could make additional copies as needed.

Also do my own laminating. Again, pretty cheap (IIRC, about $30 for a card size laminator. Mine laminates up to full sheets) and the heavy-duty laminations are cheap, too.

Since (I think) MOST people have a Lifetime license, rather than go through all the headache of finding some place to do it, maybe just do it yourself? If you're getting an ink jet (if you don't already have one), you're only looking at MAYBE $100 total for printer, laminator, and laminates. Color lasers are a bit pricier (IIRC mine was about $400), but black-only lasers are pretty cheap now.

Oh yeah, and ya can use the printer and laminator for other things, as well! I've probably laminated about 2 dozen LTCH's for friends (I SHOULD charge them a LOT, but I don't, LOL. Cheap b*****ds, LOL!), and probably scanned as many onto thumb drives for 'em.

I've laminated all kinds of stuff, too. Even if you just keep a list of 'emergency numbers' in your wallet, doesn't hurt to laminate it.

The laminated one in my wallet has virtually no signs of wear, so I have no idea how long it'll last, 10 years? :dunno:

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I just went to FedEx on Green River and they told me they did not have pink paper. He started with "first of all, we don't have that color of paper" so I got the feeling there was going to be an issue even if they did.

I then went down to Staples on Lloyd and they were as nice as they could be. She knew exactly what I wanted and told me they had the "exact paper" and asked if I need them laminated. I have a laminator so I just got three copies for a whopping 32 cents.

Things have changed in a year. I went with my son to get his LTCH copied at the same Staples I used and the clerk immediately said that her manager had "researched" it and they were not allowed to anymore.

I just purchased 10 sheets of the pink paper and took it home.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    AVOID: Copy Trolley in Bedford. The manager said: "it's illegal to copy the license, and the sheriff has asked for the name of anyone who attempts to do so"

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    The young lady working the copy / printing station at the Staples in Clarksville stated that they could only make copies on white paper. They also did not have a perfect match for the pink paper, and would not sell individual sheets.
    I stopped by the UPS Store at Highlander Point in Floyds Knobs, where they had a perfect match on the pink paper and were happy to make as many copies and laminations as I wanted. 6 copies with 2 of them laminated cost a little more than $4.00. The store proprietor is a gun guy and was very pleasant.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    No, no, no.....when a LEO asks to see your LTCH you are supposed to show him your CCW badge with the license numbers scratched in the little box. Jeeez!
    Really? Could you source that claim? I thought you had to have it on you because of the requirement to show it to any LEO who asks for it that is like "Oh my freaking cow - that citizen has a gun!!!"

Top Bottom