Longtime liberal friend wants to buy a gun now.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Because to them other things are more important than the guns when it comes to who they vote for.

Which circles right back to the earlier question of why help them with getting and learning about firearms.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    This is very good news. Let's hope there are enough reasonable people left that abandon this radicalism and the Democrat party dies a sudden death in November. I've lost all hope for CA, IL and NY, but maybe the rest of the states will come on over.

putsjunior

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Suburma
    I’m in the same boat. Long time left leaning friend asked me the same question. Of course he’s been telling me for years that I’m crazy. Now he wants a gun. I told him to pound sand and leave me alone. He’s on his own. Screw him.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Which circles right back to the earlier question of why help them with getting and learning about firearms.
    Sure, blow them off because they don't have the correct level of support. We all know there is no way that someone could possibly change their mind about guns after being exposed to them, right? :rolleyes:

Thankfully you aren't the one that I was exposed to when I started my journey down the path of gun ownership. I'd probably still not own any.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Christ's parable of the workers in the vineyard comes to mind here.

For those unfamiliar, here are the Cliff's Notes:

A landowner needs workers for his vineyard. He hires some in the morning and sends them out to work. He hires more at midday, and sends them out to work. He hires more in the late afternoon and sends them out to work.

In the evening, it is time to pay his workers. He pays them all equally. The ones who worked all day in the sun complain that the latecomers got paid the same. The landowner says, "So what? You all agreed to work for the agreed wages and I determine to pay you all the same."

Basically, we can all get to heaven by doing what is required of us, even at the last minute...salvation awaits those of us who want it.

If someone asks me to help them buy a gun, even after being a complete butthead about guns, I'll help them and try to convert them. We need every soul we can get to preserve our rights.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    She ask I'm not for turning away people in need. The more people that know firearms are a tool for a job the better. Maybe they will change their minds on the firearms issues later on.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is a tough one for me. I want to help bring every anti-gunner over to our side and will work to do so but there is also the reality that many of them are not anti-gun for themselves in the time of need but they will quickly be anti-gun for you and me when it comes time to vote.

There will be some that will permanently turn to a more logical perspective and embrace freedom and responsibility for their own protection. Once things calm down, others will make a show of melting their guns in and blame fear mongering Republicans for the purchase impulse.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This is a tough one for me. I want to help bring every anti-gunner over to our side and will work to do so but there is also the reality that many of them are not anti-gun for themselves in the time of need but they will quickly be anti-gun for you and me when it comes time to vote.

There will be some that will permanently turn to a more logical perspective and embrace freedom and responsibility for their own protection. Once things calm down, others will make a show of melting their guns in and blame fear mongering Republicans for the purchase impulse.

That would be their choice. As the old saying goes you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. She comes from a gun owning family.
    Hunters and firearms collectors etc. So I think she maybe seeing that the leftist movement is not for the good of the country.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    In my opinion, blindly helping/training anyone that asks is equally as bad as blindly rejecting anyone that asks for help/training. While I'm more than willing to help anyone who is starting to recognize reality at the same time I'm not interested in training and arming future enemies. A case by case basis is the only policy that makes any sense to me.

Working in the environmental field, my coworkers range from most likely left leaning to full BSC lefties. Some I would help to become a gun owner without hesitation, some I would have to think carefully about, and still others, the ones who speak glowingly about groups like BLM or the Earth Liberation Front, no way am I being involved with helping to arm them.

rjsone

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I always find it interesting how one’s views change once they can imagine “problems in the news” hitting closer to home and affecting them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I always find it interesting how one’s views change once they can imagine “problems in the news” hitting closer to home and affecting them.

Cause people don't seem to imagine things very well.
    That's why they're unprepared when life slaps them in the face.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I'm tired of being unhealthy, can I get some pointers from you about getting in shape? **** you, you should have been like me since the beginning!

I've been an atheist all my life, but have some questions about Christianity. Can I talk to you about religion? **** you, you should have been like me since the beginning!

I never saw a need for prepping, but I'm now interested. Can you give me an idea of how to get started? **** you, you should have been like me since the beginning!

I was opposed to guns, but now think that I might want one. What advice do you have? **** you, you should have been like me since the beginning!

Sounds like a winning strategy.

abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE
    After reading this entire thread:
    So much hate coming from our side. Its hard for me to understand.
    Why would anyone want to move over when we treat them like that. I wouldn't.
    It's not even about moving all the way over, but just changing some of the way they view things is better than never changing at all.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Let me help you with your analogies:

[STRIKE]I'm tired of being unhealthy,[/STRIKE] I've demonized you because seeing you made me feel bad about my shape and I rejected your recommendation that I get healthy as well. I've voted for decades for people who would take away your access to fresh meat and vegetables and close your gyms. Can I get some pointers from you about getting in shape? [STRIKE]**** you, you should have been like me since the beginning![/STRIKE] No, but I'll point you to professionals who can help you.

[STRIKE]I've been an atheist all my life.[/STRIKE] I've tried converting this country to an athiest-led hell hole and cheered when people burned down your churches. But I have some questions about Christianity Can I talk to you about religion? [STRIKE]**** you, you should have been like me since the beginning![/STRIKE] No, but I'll point you to a church where you can learn all you want.

Yada, yada. You get the idea.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I'm tired of being unhealthy, can I get some pointers from you about getting in shape? **** you, you should have been like me since the beginning!

I've been an atheist all my life, but have some questions about Christianity. Can I talk to you about religion? **** you, you should have been like me since the beginning!

I never saw a need for prepping, but I'm now interested. Can you give me an idea of how to get started? **** you, you should have been like me since the beginning!

I was opposed to guns, but now think that I might want one. What advice do you have? **** you, you should have been like me since the beginning!

Sounds like a winning strategy.

You must be new here, Welcome to INGO.

Top Bottom