Looking for a pediatrician that doesn't ask about guns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Houghmade's answer: "Home, car, my pants. You name it. You wanna see my 12 year old's 1952 Winchester '94? I carry pictures in my wallet."

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The wife and I recently had to see the Doctor for our yearly wellness check up to receive our incentives. Dr asks me are there any guns in the home. I responded with...are propostioning me for a sale or are you wanting to learn how to shoot? The look on the Dr's face was priceless, she didn't know what to say for a second and then responded..I'm guessing that's a yes, moving on now. My wife blew coffee through her nose when I answered. I found the whole situation quite commical

My Dad, not a leading authority on the intricacies of DA/SA pistols:rolleyes:, sent a 9mm through his leg after Thanksgiving dinner a couple years ago with a Taurus PT92 he was showing off.

His doctor in the ER spent an hour talking guns with him. In the end they agreed that at their advanced age, revolvers and Glocks should probably be their weapons of choice.:laugh:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This.
    I skip questions, or entire sections if they are irrelevant.

Pretty much this... same as I ignore most DR/Dentist, etc forms asking for my SSN... no you are not getting it, nor that of the kids' etc.

I've never been pressed to fill in anything I left blank that was not directly related to the current reason for a visit.

MSS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2014
    Westfield
    My wife is a teacher so my family is on her insurance (which is actually really good btw). Anyway, to stay insured we have to go to a yearly physical... You know, they want to make sure we are healthy before they continue to insure us... Anyway, this question is always on the form. Ironically, it is lumped in with the other vice questions like:

1.) Do you smoke?
    2.) Do you drink?
    3.) Do yuo have guns in the home?

I always answer "yes" for two reasons. One, I don't care to hide the fact that I am a gun owner. Two: If I did get cancer or something, I would not want them to use "lying on the form" as an excuse to drop me from coverage.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Houghmade's answer: "Home, car, my pants. You name it. You wanna see my 12 year old's 1952 Winchester '94? I carry pictures in my wallet."

:yesway:

I got nothing to hide or fear. It's hard to use the closed fist of truth when you either lie or avoid the discussion.

I'll even tell him which lake they all fell into! :):

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I hate the questions on seat belts, bike helmets and guns. The doctor asked my son when he was about five if he wore his bike helmet. My son looked at him and asked why he would need a helmet because he can ride a bike without wrecking. I was very proud.

I answer the gun question by saying yes, do you need to borrow one?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Maybe I'm wrong here, but I sort of treat it how I would a business with a no-gun sign.

I know I can still shop there. I know I can even carry my gun there... but I also choose to not give them my business.

So if my doctor were to ask about guns, I'd feel less inclined to give that doctor my business.

^^^^^^ Perfect.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    First, you know it's none of their F*ing business.

Second, you know they have no right to know.

Third, just say no, I have no guns, and forget it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    gun

1. A cannon with relatively long barrel, operating with relatively low angle of fire, and having a high muzzle velocity. 2. A cannon with tube length 30 calibers or more. See also howitzer; mortar.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Before going to the doctor take your firearms out of your house temporarily.
    Depending on how many you have, you could put them in the trunk of your car. This would be easier for some people than others.
    Do I currently have any firearms at my house? No sir!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I hate them asking these kinds of questions, too, but you have to face the facts. In this part of Indiana, finding any good doctor that is taking on new patients is not easy. If yours is competent, I'd hang on to him/ her.

Top Bottom