• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Stopped by Florida Gun Show & checked it out. Lots of guns, mostly over priced but they were selling, saw many forms being filled out. Nicely laid out, plenty of room to walk between tables. Saw a few 9mm & .40 compacts, priced as low as $435, high as $475.

Went to Florida Gun Exchange, they had them as well, was able to freely fondle, etc.. $419 on sale, $20 shipped, no tax (out of state), my FFL should have it before I ever get back from FL.

So much for patience!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Stopped by Florida Gun Show & checked it out. Lots of guns, mostly over priced but they were selling, saw many forms being filled out. Nicely laid out, plenty of room to walk between tables. Saw a few 9mm & .40 compacts, priced as low as $435, high as $475.

Went to Florida Gun Exchange, they had them as well, was able to freely fondle, etc.. $419 on sale, $20 shipped, no tax (out of state), my FFL should have it before I ever get back from FL.

So much for patience!

Nice. I put my hands on one today. $499
    I wanted to like it, but still not sure there is enough of a tactile reset for me.
    I'm thinking Gen 5 first at this point, unless I find one for a smoking price locally.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Nice. I put my hands on one today. $499
    I wanted to like it, but still not sure there is enough of a tactile reset for me.
    I'm thinking Gen 5 first at this point, unless I find one for a smoking price locally.

To each their own. IMHO "tactile reset" would be way down on my list of things to be concerned about.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    To each their own. IMHO "tactile reset" would be way down on my list of things to be concerned about.

Hah. When I bought a M&P 9c, I hated that it didn't have a "tactile reset". So I had the Apex trigger goodies installed. Unfortunately, the Apex didn't help with the gun's reliability. So, I sold it and bought a Glock 26.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hah. When I bought a M&P 9c, I hated that it didn't have a "tactile reset". So I had the Apex trigger goodies installed. Unfortunately, the Apex didn't help with the gun's reliability. So, I sold it and bought a Glock 26.

Understood, It's just one of those things, given that I am very used to shooting Glocks. I had an M&P 9C a few years ago, and wanted to convert to it from Glock potentially, but the trigger just wasn't there for me, even with a RAM installed.

I'm very invested in the Glock platform currently, with depth on each carry gun (multiple copies), and holsters, and mags, etc so those are all considerations as well. I didn't have any reliability issues with the 9C, but I didn't see anything in it to sway me away from Glock at the time (again, multiple 19's, a 26, a couple of 43's now and associated mags, holsters, etc). I'm not sure if the new 2.0 compact would or not.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Saw that. Wish they were closer. I may have to find an excuse to get up there again. I may have to call and see what their Gen 5 Glock prices are too... you know, if I'm going to drive that far, might as well make it worthwhile. :):
    Last weekend they had all in stock Glocks $60 off.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, there ya go. 3.5 hours each way is the rough part.

They seem to have some of the best sales I see.
    Yeah, their normal prices can be high, but when they have stuff on sale it is often lower than you can find anywhere.
    That would be quite a haul though.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    $419 at Rural King today and tomorrow. Plus the two free mags, ammo & loader. Not bad!

https://www.rkguns.com/smith-wesson-m-p-m2-0-compact-9mm-15rd-4-pistol-11683.html

Got the same email and was thinking about doing it. Put one in a cart yesterday and it showed the $419 price. Put it back in the cart this morning and it is showing $479 and shows $479 currently on the site today as well. Not sure what the deal is as it was supposed to be through today.

It may just be karma's way of telling me to get the Gen 5 instead (or only the Gen 5 I should say, as I will have a Gen 5 at some point).

I've handled these side by side a couple of times now and even though the specs are about as close as you can get, the Gen 5 just doesn't feel like as big a gun as this compact. Probably because I'm more familiar with Glocks, and just a subjective thing with me.

I was really struggling on the decision on this due to the $419 price (about 449 or so after tax and shipping). Of course, their 800 number is not manned on the weekend it seems so not sure how to contact them to see if they will even correct this back to the sale price.

This was a nice price (especially given the S&W rebate offer), I just waffled a bit. I've been down the M&P road briefly before, and didn't stay.

Update: I checked again later and it was showing the 419.99 price but still adding to cart at 479.99, checked it again even later and it was adding to cart correctly. I struggled with this decision as I know I want a Gen 5 as well, but still picked one up. This price and the addition of the rebate (hopefully S&W comes through) made it too good to pass up.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom