Man Evicted For Living Too Simply in Madison Co.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Putting together a work party to get his place up to code is a very noble idea but being over 3 hours away and working 6 nights a week now rules me out. But if the man is happy with what he has and is not infringing on the property rights of others, than bringing him up to code is unnecessary.

If I would have heard about this in June, I would have been just as upset then as now. Maybe the neighbors should leak a news story that irsay wants to buy the land to make it a retreat. The great citizens of this state would show up with their pitchforks to evict the old man from his property.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ok, ok I will admit I was the one that complained about this "neighbor" cause us peeps up in NWI are going to attempt a state land grab of that 35+ acres so we can set up a gangster shooting range! :rolleyes::D

I don't think you're getting my reference here. I'm talking about land grabs in central Indiana.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Where are the Al Gore types when you need them? Here is a guy living with as little carbon output possible, and yet none of them have showed up to support him.

{just ranting}

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't think you're getting my reference here. I'm talking about land grabs in central Indiana.

Yes I know it's in central Indiana. Don't don't you know LAKE COUNTY is so corrupt that is can do shady things even all the way down south. Just like IL is actually run by the crooks in Chicago. That was my ref. for the joke in purple. :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes I know it's in central Indiana. Don't don't you know LAKE COUNTY is so corrupt that is can do shady things even all the way down south. Just like IL is actually run by the crooks in Chicago. That was my ref. for the joke in purple. :D

I C was O talking L about T the S.... Mention that around here and you get all kinds of defenders of land grabs.

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I would challenge the constitutionality of that county ordinance as far as it took. What's the difference between an old run down trailer home and that guys trailer excepting that his still has the axles on it? If it was a $100,000 mobile home would people have gone after him? What does it matter what he is living in? This guy's right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness has been trampled in the name of a silly ordinance. What is worse is that he is an old man living out his later years. Where is our respect for our elders? This situation truly makes me ashamed.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    He's on 38 acres. That is a light year away from some lawn-nazi neighborhood association. He's not hurting anyone and is not causing a blight on a residential or commercial block. This is disgusting.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    ... That is a light year away from some lawn-nazi neighborhood association...

king_of_the_hill_wallpaper-29497.jpg

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I would challenge the constitutionality of that county ordinance as far as it took. What's the difference between an old run down trailer home and that guys trailer excepting that his still has the axles on it? If it was a $100,000 mobile home would people have gone after him? What does it matter what he is living in? This guy's right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness has been trampled in the name of a silly ordinance. What is worse is that he is an old man living out his later years. Where is our respect for our elders? This situation truly makes me ashamed.

Just curious. What grounds would you use as the basis of a Consitutitonal challenge?

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I'm not sure what you mean by "overflow".

There is surely more to your system than a tank. After the tank it has to go somewhere.

Why are you so concerned about MY "system"?

o·ver·flow (
    omacr.gif
    lprime.gif
    v
    schwa.gif
    r-fl
    omacr.gif
    prime.gif
    )v. o·ver·flowed, o·ver·flow·ing, o·ver·flows
    v.intr.1. To flow or run over the top, brim, or banks.
    2. To be filled beyond capacity, as a container or waterway.

My neighbors hate the smell. They say it lowers their property value.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Why are you so concerned about MY "system"?

o·ver·flow (
    omacr.gif
    lprime.gif
    v
    schwa.gif
    r-fl
    omacr.gif
    prime.gif
    )v. o·ver·flowed, o·ver·flow·ing, o·ver·flows
    v.intr.1. To flow or run over the top, brim, or banks.
    2. To be filled beyond capacity, as a container or waterway.

My neighbors hate the smell. They say it lowers their property value.

Sounds like they need to complain to the zoning board. Just sayin'.....

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I'm not sure what the deal is here. IF indeed some one is doing a land grab then that sucks, but zoning is what it is.
    I own land up in Michigan that I'd love to put a little garden shed on to have a place to go on weekends. It's near a lake for fishing out in the middle of no where, but alas there's are some zoning issues that say no go.
    I several options;
    I could ignore the zoning do what I want and hope they don't come knocking
    I could work to change the zoning in whatever means or
    I can follow the zoning.
    There are rules through out our society.
    If you don't like the zoning go to a different area.
    For instance there are plenty of areas in Missouri that don't such zoning.
    You move to an area you play by the rules of an area or work to change them.
    For the record to make it clear that I'm not completely siding with the county. There are areas that I wouldn't move to because I don't agree with how much freedom you give up for supposed land value increase. I won't live in an area that tells me what color I can paint my house, or what type of door mats are approved. But neither would I move to that area and try to tell the powers that be it's my land and I'll do what I want.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    ...If you don't like the zoning go to a different area...

What if your property was "re-zoned" after you purchased it? I don't know if this could happen, but it seems to me if all your neighbors were in favor of re-zoning you couldn''t do much to stop it. Would your property be grandfathered as is, or would you have to conform to the new zoning?:n00b:

Top Bottom