• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    my edc was a glock 27...in pants pocket or holster or inside jacket pocket...never a problem...why??????
    cuz i know not to grab the trigger unless im shooting

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    my edc was a glock 27...in pants pocket or holster or inside jacket pocket...never a problem...why??????
    cuz i know not to grab the trigger unless im shooting

I'd be willing to bet everyone who's ND'd a Glock or similar has said the same thing. The fact of the matter is that you need to protect the trigger, even more when you don't have a manual safety. You are tempting fate, and someone just like you will have another ND. Soon.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I keep hearing the saying of keep your finger out of the trigger, but if you leave a glock around you run the risk of some little kid playing with it, I always tell my friend to buy a carry gun with a safety

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I keep hearing the saying of keep your finger out of the trigger, but if you leave a glock around you run the risk of some little kid playing with it, I always tell my friend to buy a carry gun with a safety

Why would you leave your handgun around for a little kid to play with?

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    This is just very sad. New widow and four kids now without a dad. I can't imagine how his family must have felt watching him bleed out.

What does Kirk say? "Don't finger the gun"!

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

Wha.. Wha... What?????

Leave a gun laying around with kids around.......

Hey look - I have kids, I have Glocks. My weapon is either on me, in a trigger protecting quality holster, or in the safe. Sure I don't like having to lock them up (the guns) each night. I'd loved to have a glock in my nightstand at the ready, but my life does not allow for that, so I accept that risk. Even if I chose a different carry gun, that had an external safety, I would NEVER leave it unattended in my house.

For the same reason, I don't stash a gun in my car. It's under my control always, my child could find it in the car while looking for spare change. Not on my watch!

To the original post. The gun did exactly what it was designed to do, go bang with the trigger is pulled. It doesn't matter, who or what pulls the trigger it goes bang. If you don't allow the trigger to get pulled or caught or touched, then you are that much safer. The OP is a sad story. I feel for the family who had to witness it, however, a manual safety isn't the only right answer to prevent this in the future. Sure it's AN answer, but not the ONLY answer.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have many different holsters and have carried a g27 and now a g23 most of the time. I carry the way it was intended, a round in the chamber, and a full magazine.

Now, BE SMART HERE, but I test my holsters somewhat frequently. I make sure it's cleared, then I put the weapon in a holster and try everything to pull the trigger. If you can pull the trigger while it's holstered, you have the wrong holster. I also see if I can pull the trigger while holstering. It took me some time to get comfortable with a smart carry, but I can not pull the trigger while the weapon is holstered. So as long as the trigger is completely PROTECTED (not just covered) I feel confident. In the USA crry article, I bet a quick inspection should have revealed that a finger could easily have pulled the trigger, let alone any other object.

^^^^ This is the ticket. The biggest issue wether Glock (which is perfectly safe with a loaded chamber, that's what they were designed for) or whatever is SOME folks don't check their holster for serviceabilty or think it needs replaced as frequently as it maybe should. Then when something happens it's the holster or fireams fault.

When I say SOME I am meaning the cheap ones that only want to spend $20.00 on a holster and expect it to last for 10 years. We all know a few of those types.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What does Kirk say? "Don't finger the gun"!

STOP TOUCHING IT!

Oh, I also say: stop that Tommy Tactical Trash and stop carrying appendix or you'll set yourself on fire and your widow and kids won't care how cool you thought someone was on the Internet.

1. stop touching it.
    2. don't carry appendix.
    3. if you must carry in your pocket, use a holster.
    4. get a sand barrel.
    5. remember that it "eez gon, eez not safe."

This conclude INGO's Safety Nanny's sermon.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    OH MY GOSH!!! MY GLOCK PISTOLS AREN'T SAFE!!!!

Been carrying a Glock pistol since 1996, round in the chamber, in a variety of holsters. Never had an AD, UD, ND or whatever you want to call it.

Cars aren't safe, lots of people get killed in them and by them.
    Chainsaws aren't safe, lots of people get killed operating them.
    Surgeries aren't safe, lots of people die during them.

But, ignorance is bliss.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    For those people too young to remember.
    We used to carry those nasty double action revolver thingys years ago and they had the nasty habit of going off whenever the trigger was pulled through it's cycle.
    LOTS of people shot themselves shoving one into their pants without a holster.
    The only truly effective safety on ANY weapon rests between the handlers ears!!! :D

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    For those people too young to remember.
    We used to carry those nasty double action revolver thingys years ago and they had the nasty habit of going off whenever the trigger was pulled through it's cycle.
    LOTS of people shot themselves shoving one into their pants without a holster.
    The only truly effective safety on ANY weapon rests between the handlers ears!!! :D

I agree with that entirely.

Note to self: Don't stuff the ol' Stihl down your trousers between cuts.

Funny story really... I bought a new chainsaw this summer while doing some yard work and on the warning label it stated to "Never attempt to store, or stop chainsaw operation with genitals."

Might want to check your warning label before you go shoving things down your pants.

STOP TOUCHING IT!

Oh, I also say: stop that Tommy Tactical Trash and stop carrying appendix or you'll set yourself on fire and your widow and kids won't care how cool you thought someone was on the Internet.

1. stop touching it.
    2. don't carry appendix.
    3. if you must carry in your pocket, use a holster.
    4. get a sand barrel.
    5. remember that it "eez gon, eez not safe."

This conclude INGO's Safety Nanny's sermon.

*applause* :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is an absolute tragedy. Now there is a widow with four children to raise on her own. All for the want of a good holster...or a little switch.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Which can easily be unintentionally disengaged if the pistol is not carried in a proper holster.

Blaming the gun is ridiculous. A proper holster and proper gun handling would have prevented this.

GLOCK

Even from the hardcore 1911 side, this ^^. A safety cannot be designed that can defeat stupid. Just... what, a couple of weeks ago(?), we had a story about a 1911 ND where safeties and an empty chamber still failed to defeat stupid. Stupid always wins. Stupid will find a way.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I love 1911 pistols, if I were allowed to carry one that's all I'd own and I'd carry them in a proper holster and keep my booger hook off of the trigger.

I feel for the family, they will undoubtedly suffer this loss for many years. It's a shame but the fault does not lie with the pistol. It did what it was designed to do.

Top Bottom