• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No, but the new hotness of appendix carry should be perhaps. We keep reading about this with appendix carry. Word to the wise don't let fashion trump common sense.

I don't care how cool it is, don't point the gun at yourself! Eez gon, eez not safe.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA27aQZCQMk&ob=av2e[/ame]

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No, but the new hotness of appendix carry should be perhaps. We keep reading about this with appendix carry. Word to the wise don't let fashion trump common sense.

I don't care how cool it is, don't point the gun at yourself! Eez gon, eez not safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA27aQZCQMk&ob=av2e

Kirk are you talking about appendix carry w/o a holster or both with & without?

I don't see a big issue with appendix carry if a proper holster is used. I'd say appendix carry with a holster requires a bit more care when re-holstering but I'm not opposed to the idea. I've carried both a Kahr PM9 and a S&W J frame in appendix carry holsters and found it a reasonably comfortable carry method and much less likely to print than in the 3:00 to 6:00 positions.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Kirk are you talking about appendix carry w/o a holster or both with & without?

I don't see a big issue with appendix carry if a proper holster is used. I'd say appendix carry with a holster requires a bit more care when re-holstering but I'm not opposed to the idea. I've carried both a Kahr PM9 and a S&W J frame in appendix carry holsters and found it a reasonably comfortable carry method and much less likely to print than in the 3:00 to 6:00 positions.
    And, a damn site more comfortable than the "Kidney carry". ;)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I can honestly say that
    I've never carried a Glock without an External Safety. So go ahead and Flame Me.
    Oh Ya - You CAN'T! :rockwoot:

Compare-Glock-Factory-External-Safety-vs-Caminilli-External-Safety.jpg

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I never expected much whenever I saw the TD lead with Spotsylvania in a story. It's where all of the people who stick forks in electrical outlets live.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That is just awful. I wonder where the bullet went if he died that fast. Must've hit the femoral artery and just hemorrhaged. I imagine it didn't travel north and hit the major vessels in the abdomen. You hate to see someone die from a single gunshot to an extremity. Hold pressure and get him to a surgeon.

Can you imagine sitting in the car while your dad shoots himself and dies?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That is just awful.
    Can you imagine sitting in the car while your dad shoots himself and dies?

The whole situation is terrible. It disturbs me to think about my wife and children being subjected to something like that. Good way to end up with some children who will be messed up for life.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA27aQZCQMk&ob=av2e

Well, since I don't have an appendix, I guess I can't carry in that manner. ;)

Actually, it looks like a good way to shoot your valuables off.

Top Bottom