• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Now you're just talking outta your ass. You should have quit when you were less behind.

What prattle did I state that is not fact; democrats won the popular vote in the 2012 election. This is fact, I posted a link to show as such.

Now stating that a man who won more votes then his opponent, is not democratically elected. That is talking out of ones ass.

Also you calling out anyone for "being stuck on proving someone wrong" ? That is hypocrisy on a level that could make you a congressman. In the United States of 88GT

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Why? Not a one of you can explain any of your comments other then +1's and it's your opinion?! Someone please explain to me What this Marine is doing wrong? Are Marines not allowed to have an opinion? How has the uniform been disgraced? He's earned the right to wear it pretty much where ever he wants as long as he's within regs and the uniform is within regs just as much as either of you... Possibly even more so.

Lastly, if just your opinion then so be it. You're entitled to it. Say you just don't agree with it, but don't disparage another Marine and call him or his actions a disgrace simply because you don't like it.

Marines earn the right to wear the uniform, yes. But they earn the right to wear it only subject to the regulations for wear.

I will reference Marine Corps Order 1020.34G with Change 5 — "MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS".

Chapter 2, Paragraph 2002, Subparagraph 3.a (page 2-4 at the link) includes this statement regarding the uniform shown in the photo, Blue Dress 'A':

The blue dress "A" uniform includes the blue dress coat with large medals. This uniform will not be worn for leave or liberty.

Furthermore, in Chapter 11, Paragraph 11002, Subparagraph 1.a. (page 11-3), the Uniform Regulation states:

a. Members of the Armed Forces (including retired members and members of reserve components). The wearing of the uniform is prohibited under any of the following circumstances:
    (1) [omitted]
    (2) [omitted]
    (3) Except when authorized by competent Service authority, when participating in activities such as public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies or any public demonstration (including those pertaining to civil rights), which may imply Service sanction of the cause for which the demonstration or activity is conducted.

And finally, Chapter 11, Paragraph 11002, Subparagraph 1.b. (page 11-4) states:

b. Former Members of the Armed Forces. Unless qualified under another provision of this Order or under the provisions of 10 U.S.C. 772, former members who served honorably during a declared or undeclared war and whose most recent service was terminated under honorable conditions may wear the uniform in the highest grade held during such war service only upon the following occasions and in the course of travel incident thereto:
    (1) Military funerals, memorial services, weddings, and inaugurals.
    (2) Parades on national or state holidays; or other parades or ceremonies of a patriotic character in which any active or reserve United States military unit are taking part. ‘Wearing of the uniform or any part thereof at any other time or for any purpose is prohibited.’

I hope this answers your question satisfactorily without any further commentary.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Wow, semantic tap-dancing at its finest. I'm not out to prove you wrong my dear 88GT, for the burden of proof isn't mine to bear.

We have a democratic system; the popular vote (is supposed to) dictates (note an elector can choose to not follow the mandate of the popular vote, but rarely have) the composition of the electoral college, who in turn elect our President. This system is sanctioned under the 12th Amendment, legally and democratically adopted in 1804. Thus, our current President is in fact, the legally, constitutionally, and democratically elected candidate (as was each President before him, disregarding judicial interference), no matter how one chooses to tap-dance on the head of a semantic pin.

From many months of reading INGO before I joined, and afterwards before I actively began posting, it is quite obvious that You are a very bright person; however, your bucket position in this discussion smacks of just being contrary for the sake of being contrary. It is not factually supported, and holds no water. Knowledge is power, but only if one seeks it without preconceived bias or agenda. Your "interpretation(s)" of what are, and are not, "facts", and the conclusions derived from said "facts", are severely misguided as they pertain to this discussion, despite how well put they are.

Last edited:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Marines earn the right to wear the uniform, yes. But they earn the right to wear it only subject to the regulations for wear.

I will reference Marine Corps Order 1020.34G with Change 5 — "MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS".

Chapter 2, Paragraph 2002, Subparagraph 3.a (page 2-4 at the link) includes this statement regarding the uniform shown in the photo, Blue Dress 'A':

REALLY? REALLY? Did you see the pictures or videos, SIR? He's wearing Blue Dress 'B'which IS authorized for leave and liberty. This argument is invalid. Nice try though.

Furthermore, in Chapter 11, Paragraph 11002, Subparagraph 1.a. (page 11-3), the Uniform Regulation states:

Leave and Liberty.

Leave and Liberty.

I hope this answers your question satisfactorily without any further commentary.

Until we can know exactly what he was doing other then standing on the road, the rest doesn't apply. Not to mention some of what you omitted from 1.a may apply to his being able TO wear the uniform. However, I still believe this all falls under the 1st Amendment, with caveats. I would have a problem with it if he hadn't earned the uniform. I might even have a problem if he was wearing Blue Dress 'A', but he's not. Furthermore, I'm still assuming this cat is out and off contract. That said, since we're dropping MCO's do these still apply?

MCO 6110.3 Wonder if he's had an official weigh in this year?
    MCO 6100.13 Wonder if he's got his CFT knocked out, it is the 2nd part of the year!?
    MCO 3574.2k Wonder if he's Table I or II this year?

Oh these MCO's don't apply? None of them do because he's not subject to the rules and articles of the UCMJ or MCO's.

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane

Good find, I was looking for a credible source for this aswell. I think the thread has gone off in a different direction though.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Saw the guy yesterday. Immediately knew what the flag meant. I thought he was panhandling at first. Glad to see that was not the case. (It is terrible getting old and cynical) Edit to add; I like the funny pic thread more everyday. That's the next stop. Thanks for everyone posting there. Except the bleeding eyeball Col. Sanders. Ick.

Last edited:

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I get the feeling that if this cat was protesting Obama, and not a republican shut down of the government, some of you that have an issue with this; would not. For all I know he is pissed at both the republicans and Obama. I don't know. He has not said or done anything crazy, or to disgrace the uniform, some would argue otherwise, but most would say not. And his active status and what he is allowed to do seems up in the air at best. The other Marine calling the cops on him was a little crazy; that seems way out of line. One Marine calling the cops on another Marine, when no life or liberty is at stake? Come on.

Bottom line if the guy is doing something that is against military regs, I'm sure he will be punished. And I'm sure he knows that and is willing to accept the consequences of his actions, if that is the case. It's not like this guy is the first to do this, or the last. He is protesting something directly related to him and other vets.

It's also clear he is using the uniform he earned the right to wear to validate his stance, get attention. I can see how some would take issue with this. Particularly those that wore the same uniform. But if he is not subject to military regs do to his status; and he earned the right to wear the uniform, and not breaking the law? I don't know. Would we still have issues if he was wearing a Marine t-shirt and a sign that said; I'm a Marine, and doing the same things he is doing? I think some in this thread would, so it's not about the uniform; it's about what he is protesting that some seem to not like. I don't know. I just don't see what he is doing is wrong, maybe I'm wrong and don't understand.

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    I compare this to the navy guys that were recently protesting Syria. They were clearly in an active status and didnt show thier faces, this is terrible. The guy standing on the corner in his uniform, i dont agree with but probably agree with his opinion. I just dont think he should be in uniform. Que was on the right track.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I get the feeling that if this cat was protesting Obama, and not a republican shut down of the government, some of you that have an issue with this; would not. For all I know he is pissed at both the republicans and Obama. I don't know. He has not said or done anything crazy, or to disgrace the uniform, some would argue otherwise, but most would say not. And his active status and what he is allowed to do seems up in the air at best. The other Marine calling the cops on him was a little crazy; that seems way out of line. One Marine calling the cops on another Marine, when no life or liberty is at stake? Come on.

Bottom line if the guy is doing something that is against military regs, I'm sure he will be punished. And I'm sure he knows that and is willing to accept the consequences of his actions, if that is the case. It's not like this guy is the first to do this, or the last. He is protesting something directly related to him and other vets.

It's also clear he is using the uniform he earned the right to wear to validate his stance, get attention. I can see how some would take issue with this. Particularly those that wore the same uniform. But if he is not subject to military regs do to his status; and he earned the right to wear the uniform, and not breaking the law? I don't know. Would we still have issues if he was wearing a Marine t-shirt and a sign that said; I'm a Marine, and doing the same things he is doing? I think some in this thread would, so it's not about the uniform; it's about what he is protesting that some seem to not like. I don't know. I just don't see what he is doing is wrong, maybe I'm wrong and don't understand.

The article stated that he was 100% disabled. If that's the case he's out. Also said he'd served from 2008-2012. It's possible he could still be on an IRR contract, but I would think not with 100% disability. There will be no consequences for his action, nor do I believe there should be. The recruiter calling the cops is completely laughable. What can the cops do? Nothing. Moreover, the kid specifically said he wasn't even protesting, he was just standing up for what he believes in. As I said before, he's doing what many others who must abide by the regs would likely like to be doing. Perhaps, I'm wrong there, but it's an opinion.

I compare this to the navy guys that were recently protesting Syria. They were clearly in an active status and didnt show thier faces, this is terrible. The guy standing on the corner in his uniform, i dont agree with but probably agree with his opinion. I just dont think he should be in uniform. Que was on the right track.

I agree with this in part. If he was in an active status, then shut up and sit down until you receive unlawful orders. As he is not on an active status he can do what he wants without repercussion. I think if you agree with his opinion then I think you should commend his bravery and courage. He had the willingness to do this even though I'm sure he knew there would be blowback. Or he's just an attention whore, that's entirely possible also.

If he was hiding his face I'd call him a coward, just like I did the Syria protesters. As if half the E-4's that are capable of posting pics of themselves on facebook have any clue about the intricacies foreign policy and relationships at the highest level. Que was right. If you're on contract and the UCMJ applies, sit down and shut up. You follow you're orders until them become unconstitutional or unlawful. You're allowed to have an opinion and there are was to express them. Off contract, all bets are off.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    United States presidential election, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obama 69,498,516 52.9%
    Mcain 59,948,323 45.7%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_20122012

Obama 65,915,796 51.1%
    Romney 60,933,500 47.2%

The two black panthers in Philly got Obama 10,000,000 extra votes in 2008, and 5,000,000 more in 2012. Very good guys to have on your team.

I wonder how many of those people are dead people at time of election. I wonder how many of those people are actually the same people just voting in several states. I wonder how many people are both...

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I wonder how many of those people are dead people at time of election. I wonder how many of those people are actually the same people just voting in several states. I wonder how many people are both...

FLORIDA - Florida GOP Election Fraud scandal spreads to ten counties
    FLORIDA - “Glitch” wipes out 1,000 early votes in black FL neighborhood
    INDIANA - GOP Election Fraud In Indiana’s La Porte County
    OHIO - GOP Election Fraud In Ohio’s Ottawa County
    OHIO - True The Vote Forged Signatures To Get Observers At Ohio Polls
    OREGON - Clackamas County Oregon GOP ballot officials fill in GOP on blank ballots

1. Let's handle the ballots often, by lots of people first scheme.
    Secret count preceded Saguache election ‘retabulation’
    SAGUACHE —Examination of election videotapes reveal that the Saguache County Clerk’s office and two judges conducted a secret vote count Nov. 4 from 2 p.m. to about 7:12 p.m. prior to the Nov. 5 "retabulation."The video recording copies were obtained through a Colorado Open Records Act request Nov. 16. The county clerk’s office is required by law to keep continuous recordings of all election areas and activities, beginning two months before the election, up to and including any recounts, for two years.
    Well, thank heavens they have to be video taped. I'm sure that rule is strictly abided by.Do other states video record all activities? If so, is there a video tape of Minnesota finding all those votes under a couch or wherever?
    2. Let's hide the ballots that didn't vote GOP.
    More Franken Ballots Found!
    The U.S. Senate recount took two abrupt turns Tuesday, both boosting the prospects of DFLer Al Franken.Franken unexpectedly picked up 37 votes due to a combined machine malfunction and human error on Election Day that left 171 Maplewood ballots safe, secure but uncounted until Tuesday’s final day of recounting in Ramsey County. Secretary of State Mark Ritchie’s office immediately asked county officials to explain what had happened, and U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman’s campaign said it sent its own experts to Ramsey County to review the situation and said it was “skeptical about [the ballots'] sudden appearance.”
    I think this year the GOP stepped it up. They have been caught red handed throwing Democratic Voter Registrations in a dumpster in Virginia. An isolated incidence?3. Let's destroy Democrats Voter Registration Forms scheme.
    I have a bridge to sell you if you answered yes. Oh, and this4. Let's own all the Voting Machine companies scheme
    And this doozy5. Let's lie to minorities and the elderly scheme.
    6. Let's scare people with threats of JAIL TIME bill boards scheme:
    Clear Channel Donates Billboard Space Promoting VotingI beleive Bain Capital has connections with the billboard travesty.
    Bain Capital May Have Ties to Voter Fraud Billboards
    7. Let's put the wrong election date of on Spanish language voter ID information packets scheme. TY to Reflections below.8. Let's intimidate voters at the polls. TY SeaTurtle below
    A True Army Responds to True the Vote Threats
    Whatever shenanigans True the Vote and their tea party cells had or has in plans for November will run up against a brick wall in the form of civil rights lawyers and government officials who are striking back against threats to corrupt voting rights. News reports from across the nation this week are showing a formidable resistance to True the Vote’s operations, which include recruiting “a million” poll watchers and poll workers, and making voters feel “like driving and seeing the police follow you.”​
    Well, this is good news. Hope things stay peaceful at the polls this year. Do we need International voter rights oversight?9. Tell your employees to vote for Mitt Romney.
    Is Your Boss Going To 'Mine' Your Vote? More Corporations Step Up Coercion
    In recent weeks, a flurry of news coverage has focused on an undemocratic trend in workplaces around the country: employers telling their workers which politicians they should vote for. CEOs for Murray Energy, Koch Industries, ASG Software, and Westgate Resorts have pressured their employees to vote for particular political candidates, like Mitt Romney.​
    "Mining the Vote" reminds me of the politics exposed in Sinclair Lewis' book THE JUNGLE. The entire book is at the link. Actually, employees were paid to vote a certain way as well. Politics was a bloody game in those days.10. Voter Registration purging. TY Groilin, below.
    Justice Dept. sues Florida over voter purge
    Florida came up with a list that shows that as many as 182,000 registered voters may not be U.S. citizens. Election supervisors have been asked to check a much smaller list.The database relies on some outdated driver's license information, and a number of the people on the list of possible non-citizens have since proven their citizenship, according to the state's election department. Opponents of the purge argue that the efforts disproportionately targeted Latinos and Democrats.
    ONE WOULD GUESS THAT THE GOP MUST BE PRETTY WORRIED ABOUT WINNING.Otherwise, why would they be pulling so many tricks?
    Why do they feel they have to lie, cheat, and steal the vote. Two words: George Bush!

I half expect Fox News to announce a pending Alien Attack the week of elections so people will stay close to their families.
    And, lastly, I'm sure I missed some of the WAYS THE GOP LIE, CHEAT, AND STEAL. Let me know, k?
    The only way to win against these tactics (never forgetting that SCOTUS helped Bush steal the 2000 election) is A JUGGERNAUT OF TURNOUT.

Im glad only one side is committing election fraud.

Just because you or I don't like something doesn't mean we are right or they are wrong. Trying to invalidate anyone that thinks different then you/I/we/us just because they think different.......... well I wont go there, it's an insult to Jews.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    OREGON - Clackamas County Oregon GOP ballot officials fill in GOP on blank ballots

SAGUACHE —Examination of election videotapes reveal that the Saguache County Clerk’s office and two judges conducted a secret vote count Nov. 4 from 2 p.m. to about 7:12 p.m. prior to the Nov. 5 "retabulation."The video recording copies were obtained through a Colorado Open Records Act request Nov. 16. The county clerk’s office is required by law to keep continuous recordings of all election areas and activities, beginning two months before the election, up to and including any recounts, for two years.
    Well, thank heavens they have to be video taped. I'm sure that rule is strictly abided by.Do other states video record all activities? If so, is there a video tape of Minnesota finding all those votes under a couch or wherever?
    The U.S. Senate recount took two abrupt turns Tuesday, both boosting the prospects of DFLer Al Franken.Franken unexpectedly picked up 37 votes due to a combined machine malfunction and human error on Election Day that left 171 Maplewood ballots safe, secure but uncounted until Tuesday’s final day of recounting in Ramsey County. Secretary of State Mark Ritchie’s office immediately asked county officials to explain what had happened, and U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman’s campaign said it sent its own experts to Ramsey County to review the situation and said it was “skeptical about [the ballots'] sudden appearance.”
    I think this year the GOP stepped it up. They have been caught red handed throwing Democratic Voter Registrations in a dumpster in Virginia. An isolated incidence?3. Let's destroy Democrats Voter Registration Forms scheme.I have a bridge to sell you if you answered yes. Oh, and this4. Let's own all the Voting Machine companies schemeAnd this doozy5. Let's lie to minorities and the elderly scheme.6. Let's scare people with threats of JAIL TIME bill boards scheme:
    Clear Channel Donates Billboard Space Promoting VotingI beleive Bain Capital has connections with the billboard travesty.
    7. Let's put the wrong election date of on Spanish language voter ID information packets scheme. TY to Reflections below.8. Let's intimidate voters at the polls. TY SeaTurtle below
    Whatever shenanigans True the Vote and their tea party cells had or has in plans for November will run up against a brick wall in the form of civil rights lawyers and government officials who are striking back against threats to corrupt voting rights. News reports from across the nation this week are showing a formidable resistance to True the Vote’s operations, which include recruiting “a million” poll watchers and poll workers, and making voters feel “like driving and seeing the police follow you.”​
    Well, this is good news. Hope things stay peaceful at the polls this year. Do we need International voter rights oversight?9. Tell your employees to vote for Mitt Romney.
    In recent weeks, a flurry of news coverage has focused on an undemocratic trend in workplaces around the country: employers telling their workers which politicians they should vote for. CEOs for Murray Energy, Koch Industries, ASG Software, and Westgate Resorts have pressured their employees to vote for particular political candidates, like Mitt Romney.​
    "Mining the Vote" reminds me of the politics exposed in Sinclair Lewis' book THE JUNGLE. The entire book is at the link. Actually, employees were paid to vote a certain way as well. Politics was a bloody game in those days.10. Voter Registration purging. TY Groilin, below.
    Florida came up with a list that shows that as many as 182,000 registered voters may not be U.S. citizens. Election supervisors have been asked to check a much smaller list.The database relies on some outdated driver's license information, and a number of the people on the list of possible non-citizens have since proven their citizenship, according to the state's election department. Opponents of the purge argue that the efforts disproportionately targeted Latinos and Democrats.
    ONE WOULD GUESS THAT THE GOP MUST BE PRETTY WORRIED ABOUT WINNING.Otherwise, why would they be pulling so many tricks?
    Why do they feel they have to lie, cheat, and steal the vote. Two words: George Bush!

I half expect Fox News to announce a pending Alien Attack the week of elections so people will stay close to their families.
    And, lastly, I'm sure I missed some of the WAYS THE GOP LIE, CHEAT, AND STEAL. Let me know, k?
    The only way to win against these tactics (never forgetting that SCOTUS helped Bush steal the 2000 election) is A JUGGERNAUT OF TURNOUT.

Just because you or I don't like something doesn't mean we are right or they are wrong. Trying to invalidate anyone that thinks different then you/I/we/us just because they think different.......... well I wont go there, it's an insult to Jews.
    Dude, get a girlfriend. Or if you have one you might wanna show her some attention before
    some Marine does. :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I think this year the GOP stepped it up. They have been caught red handed throwing Democratic Voter Registrations in a dumpster in Virginia. An isolated incidence?3. Let's destroy Democrats Voter Registration Forms scheme.I have a bridge to sell you if you answered yes. Oh, and this4. Let's own all the Voting Machine companies schemeAnd this doozy5. Let's lie to minorities and the elderly scheme.6. Let's scare people with threats of JAIL TIME bill boards scheme:

Dude, get a girlfriend. Or if you have one you might wanna show her some attention before
    some Marine does. :):

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    It took less then 2 minutes to google/copy/paste. It's not deep. If the Marine is that quick, then the girl wont care, and either will I.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Until we can know exactly what he was doing other then standing on the road, the rest doesn't apply. Not to mention some of what you omitted from 1.a may apply to his being able TO wear the uniform. However, I still believe this all falls under the 1st Amendment, with caveats. I would have a problem with it if he hadn't earned the uniform. I might even have a problem if he was wearing Blue Dress 'A', but he's not. Furthermore, I'm still assuming this cat is out and off contract. That said, since we're dropping MCO's do these still apply?

MCO 6110.3 Wonder if he's had an official weigh in this year?
    MCO 6100.13 Wonder if he's got his CFT knocked out, it is the 2nd part of the year!?
    MCO 3574.2k Wonder if he's Table I or II this year?

Oh these MCO's don't apply? None of them do because he's not subject to the rules and articles of the UCMJ or MCO's.

My apologies: I only looked at the thumbnail in the OP and it looked like medals, which would make it Alphas, but I now see in the photos on the article that it was the ribbons with badges below, making it Bravos. Yes, Bravos are authorized for leave and liberty. Wearing of Alphas was a lesser point than the rest of my first post.

Even without being on leave or liberty, the rest continues to apply. The way that you responded, inline within the box quoting my post, stating "Leave and Liberty" in bold font, gives the impression that you would argue that those would not apply while on leave or liberty. I see you're a SNCO, so I know you know that isn't the case.

Since you mentioned the rest of 11002.1a, I'll include it this time.

a. Members of the Armed Forces (including retired members and members of reserve components). The wearing of the uniform is prohibited under any of the following circumstances:
    (1) At any meeting or demonstration which is a function of, or sponsored by an organization, association, movement, group, or combination of persons which the Attorney General of the United States has designated, pursuant to E.O. 10450, as amended as totalitarian, fascist, communist, or subversive, or as having adopted a policy of advocating or approving the commission of acts of force or violence to deny others their rights under The Constitution of the United States, or as seeking to alter the form of Government of the United States by unconstitutional means.
    (2) During or in connection with the furtherance of political activities, private employment or commercial interests, when an inference of official sponsorship for the activity or interest could be drawn.
    (3) [was in my previous post]
    (4) When wearing of the uniform would tend to bring discredit upon the Armed Forces.
    (5) When specifically prohibited by regulations of the department concerned.

I do not believe that (1) applies to the Marine in question. It could be argued that (2) and (4) apply, though it would be somewhat subjective. For (5), see what SECNAV said, below.

From the same PDF I linked before, starting on page 11-4, it says even more, making it even more clear.

11003. SECRETARY OF THE NAVY POLICY PERTAINING TO UNIFORMS
    1. Pursuant to subparagraph 11002.1a(5), the Secretary of the Navy has prescribed that:
    a. The exercise of the rights of freedom of speech and assembly does not include the right to borrow the inherent dignity, prestige, and traditions represented by uniforms of the naval service to lend weight and significance to privately held convictions on public issues.
    b. Members of the Navy and Marine Corps (including retired members and members of Reserve components) are prohibited from wearing uniforms of the naval service while attending or participating in, or continuing to attend or participate in, a demonstration, assembly, or activity with knowledge that a purpose of such demonstration, assembly, or activity is the furtherance of personal or partisan views on political, social, economic, or religious issues except:
    (1) In connection with official duties or as otherwise authorized in advance by competent authority; or
    (2) Incident to attendance at or participation in a bona fide religious service or observance.

And on page 11-5:

11004. LAWS PERTAINING TO THE UNIFORM

3. According to 10 U.S.C. 772, the Marine Corps uniform may be worn by personnel not on active duty under the following conditions:
    a. Retired Marine Corps officers may bear the title and wear the uniform of their retired grade.
    b. Former Marines who are discharged honorably or under honorable conditions from the Marine Corps may wear their uniform while going from the place of discharge to their home of record, within three months after discharge.
    c. Former Marines not on active duty who served honorably in time of war in the Marine Corps may bear the title, and as authorized by regulations prescribed by the President, wear the uniform of the highest grade held during that war (subparagraph 11002.1).
    d. While portraying a member of the Marine Corps, an actor in a theatrical or motion picture production may wear the Marine Corps uniform provided the portrayal does not tend to discredit the Marine Corps.
    e. While attending a course of military instruction conducted by the Marine Corps, a civilian may wear the uniform prescribed by the commander of the installation conducting the instruction.

Look. I read your post about how junior Marines and NCOs being dirtbags is not acceptable to you, either (quoted below). This was clearly not an authorized occasion to wear the uniform, and you know it full well. "Once a Marine, Always a Marine" doesn't just mean getting the recognition of being BAMF when you get out, it also means continuing to live by the core values and exhibiting the 12 leadership traits. The regulation is clear about when the uniform can be worn even after getting out, and as a SNCO, you should be correcting his behavior, not supporting it.

I say good to the whole thing. Now having said that, I'm a SNCO and I don't want to be pulling duty constantly babysitting grown men. However, I think Gen. Amos nailed it at the end:

“We will stop accepting bad behavior or substandard performance as a natural consequence of being a ‘combat hardened’ Marine Corps.”

I've about had my fill of jacking up wannabe harda$$ LCpl's and Cpl's who think becasue they have a CAR their exempt from the standard rules of behavior. Even down to haircuts. Just because you had a mop when you were theatre, doesn't mean that **** still applies. I'm a pretty laid back SNCO because I can be when I have great NCO's. Once the NCO's start to let the small stuff slip it just becomes a snowball.

Do what's right because it is right.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    My apologies: I only looked at the thumbnail in the OP and it looked like medals, which would make it Alphas, but I now see in the photos on the article that it was the ribbons with badges below, making it Bravos. Yes, Bravos are authorized for leave and liberty. Wearing of Alphas was a lesser point than the rest of my first post.

Even without being on leave or liberty, the rest continues to apply. The way that you responded, inline within the box quoting my post, stating "Leave and Liberty" in bold font, gives the impression that you would argue that those would not apply while on leave or liberty. I see you're a SNCO, so I know you know that isn't the case.

Since you mentioned the rest of 11002.1a, I'll include it this time.

I do not believe that (1) applies to the Marine in question. It could be argued that (2) and (4) apply, though it would be somewhat subjective. For (5), see what SECNAV said, below.

From the same PDF I linked before, starting on page 11-4, it says even more, making it even more clear.

And on page 11-5:

Look. I read your post about how junior Marines and NCOs being dirtbags is not acceptable to you, either (quoted below). This was clearly not an authorized occasion to wear the uniform, and you know it full well. "Once a Marine, Always a Marine" doesn't just mean getting the recognition of being BAMF when you get out, it also means continuing to live by the core values and exhibiting the 12 leadership traits. The regulation is clear about when the uniform can be worn even after getting out, and as a SNCO, you should be correcting his behavior, not supporting it.

Do what's right because it is right.
    The problem with quoting law, just as we see in 2A debates, is that they do not often include reasoning for their existence. That being said, the underlying premise of regulations in the military is to promote good order and ensure the chain of command is followed and respected. The top of which are the politicians which create such regulations. However, in swearing your oath you essentially swore it to the founding documents which contain the principles of our nation's entire existence.

The problem with this is, that such regulations do not account for Constitutional rights, which are what our oaths are sworn to. They only account for keeping good order in the COC; the top of which are the politicians (and associated debates) you're expected to avoid. Through political regulation, they are essentially requiring you to be "good little slaves" and do what you're told, while using order and discipline as a scape goat.

As a person who swore an oath to defend the principles of our nation's existence, you either believe in government developed regulations to ensure subordinate behavior, or you believe in the rights you swore to (individual freedom for all.)

So, do what is "right".....indeed. I swore to principles, not to politicians. I stand by this Marine and his "god given" rights to express himself freely. I do not stand with those who wish to usurp rights in the name of authority.

Hopefully, this makes sense.....running on nearly no sleep.

Top Bottom