• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Never tried it. I've never even smoked a cigarette. Just not a moralizing prick, I guess.

Same here. I've even sat in the circle around the bonfire after dark at the party drinking beer and sipping moonshine as it was passed, but when the joint made it to me, I just passed it on. I already had enough to keep me entertained. Didnt need the MJ. Didnt bother me that others around me were partaking either. Man, those were the days.

Not a cigarette smoker either, but a good Dominican cigar paired with a good bourbon is nice from time to time. Though I dont think I've had a cigar in the last 13 years now that I think about it. Yeah, I like them, but thats just how important they are to me :dunno:

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Same here. I've even sat in the circle around the bonfire after dark at the party drinking beer and sipping moonshine as it was passed, but when the joint made it to me, I just passed it on. I already had enough to keep me entertained. Didnt need the MJ. Didnt bother me that others around me were partaking either. Man, those were the days.

Not a cigarette smoker either, but a good Dominican cigar paired with a good bourbon is nice from time to time. Though I dont think I've had a cigar in the last 13 years now that I think about it. Yeah, I like them, but thats just how important they are to me :dunno:

I certainly smoked MJ back in my younger days, but not in 20 years or so. My life was fine with it; my life is find without it. MJ never caused me any problem whatsoever, and some of the most successful people I know function very well using it.

I'll join you for a cigar, but mine's gotta be a Nicaraguan.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    To city folk the country smells like pig ****. To country folk the city smells like people ****.

Choose your **** I guess :):
    This is a good point. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.
    I know indy isn't as bad as a lot of other places. I've always liked downtown indy. But things are changing. The zombies are spreading. Weed has nothing to do with it. Yeah I think it needs to be legal. But if the cops keep arresting or not arresting for it or the prosecutor charges or doesnt, neither effects me. I don't use the stuff and wont unless it becomes legal federally.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So is it just me that is the moralizing prick? Or is it everyone that thinks that the law should be enforced until the legislature changes it? :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So is it just me that is the moralizing prick? Or is it everyone that thinks that the law should be enforced until the legislature changes it? :dunno:

As usual, I have a nuanced stance.

I think it is appropriate for a prosecutor to exercise discretion on a case-by-case basis and choose not to prosecute based upon the particular circumstances. I think that if law enforcement is your goal (what else is a prosecutor there for?), the making a public announcement is not helpful and, in fact, is harmful. I dislike using prosecutorial decisions for political purposes. Sure, happens every day. That makes it no less unpalatable.

Further, if your goal is getting the law changed, a prosecutor in the largest county choosing not to enforce the law DOES NOT HELP YOUR CAUSE. This removes the pain that the law inflicts from Marion County making repealing of the law less of a priority.

...as an aside, when a person's personal beliefs about freedom as they see it...their apparent personal morality...leads them to call others out as not valuing freedom enough...they seem like a moralizing prick...so there's plenty of it going around.

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

I think where the law clashes with the underlying classical liberal values our country was founded on, it's a harder case to make that we should follow said law. If 1984 was the law of the land, is the argument to work within the system to fix the laws or disobey unjust laws?

Like most things it lies on a spectrum, where one end is the anarchy of not following any laws.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm just a moralizing prick, but it sounds more and more like we'll just ignore the laws we can't seem to create the consensus to get changed?

Wonder how that methodology would apply to other controversial laws?

Maybe meth next? :dunno:

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm just a moralizing prick, but it sounds more and more like we'll just ignore the laws we can't seem to create the consensus to get changed?

Wonder how that methodology would apply to other controversial laws?

Maybe meth next? :dunno:

I hope, People should be able to get amphetamine without faking adhd to a dr. Sometimes caffeine just doesn't cut it. There are a lot of drugs I want to see fully legalized. Though it will take a lot of work/education to get people on that side. Decades of drug propaganda has our collective views on psychoactive substances completely wrong.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Legalizing marijuana I can agree with. It’s a plant that grows, and people smoke without adding anything to it. It is not altered in any way to make it have the effects that it does. I would rather see cigarettes illegal due to the amount of additives they add. I’ve never smoked MJ, but a lot of my friends are users. If anything, it makes them too lazy to be violent or aggressive in any way.

But meth, nope, should stay illegal. From what documentaries I’ve seen it’s made with battery acid and ****, what would the argument be for allowing anyone to ingest battery acid?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Legalizing marijuana I can agree with. It’s a plant that grows, and people smoke without adding anything to it. It is not altered in any way to make it have the effects that it does. I would rather see cigarettes illegal due to the amount of additives they add. I’ve never smoked MJ, but a lot of my friends are users. If anything, it makes them too lazy to be violent or aggressive in any way.

But meth, nope, should stay illegal. From what documentaries I’ve seen it’s made with battery acid and ****, what would the argument be for allowing anyone to ingest battery acid?

That's like banning alcohol because bathtub gin during prohibition, adderall is the 'meth' variant everyone would be doing if it were legal.
    It's all just chemistry, how amateur chemists cook it up shouldn't have any effect on how we view the molecule. If anything back woods methlabs are an argument for legalization, if amphetamine is affordable and regulated theres no market for the battery acid stuff.

I'd also point out cocoa and poppy are natural plants like marijuana

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That's like banning alcohol because bathtub gin during prohibition, adderall is the 'meth' variant everyone would be doing if it were legal.
    It's all just chemistry, how amateur chemists cook it up shouldn't have any effect on how we view the molecule. If anything back woods methlabs are an argument for legalization, if amphetamine is affordable and regulated theres no market for the battery acid stuff.

I dont think everyone would be doing it if it were legal lol. And cocoa is fine until human interference turns it to cocaine.

I get what youre saying, but again if anything should be legal/illegal it should be man made vs no human interference as the main factor imo.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I dont think everyone would be doing it if it were legal lol. And cocoa is fine until human interference turns it to cocaine.

I get what youre saying, but again if anything should be legal/illegal it should be man made vs no human interference as the main factor imo.

I could get along with that so far as legalizing plants should be a no brainer. Would that position put you against alcohol and for psilocybin then?

I think a lot of people would be doing amphetamine, it was popular back in the day, caffeine is the most popular drug, I think a lot of people would use amphetamine instead of caffeine, especially if you're like me and caffeine withdrawal gives you terrible headaches.

Shoot a ton of people are on it today, it's just the sort of people willing to tell a dr they can't focus to get a script.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I think you meant coca... I don't think hot chocolate (or chocolate in general) is illegal... ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I could get along with that so far as legalizing plants should be a no brainer. Would that position put you against alcohol and for psilocybin then?

I think a lot of people would be doing amphetamine, it was popular back in the day, caffeine is the most popular drug, I think a lot of people would use amphetamine instead of caffeine, especially if you're like me and caffeine withdrawal gives you terrible headaches.

As someone who drinks a red bull every morning, believe me, I understand lol. I wouldn’t use amphetamine, but that’s because when I was younger I had 2 friends overdose on prescription meds (not speed, but still).

As for alcohol, I wouldn’t be against it at all. I try not to use religion as a basis for discussions because not everyone believes in my religion, but wine was pretty popular, and I think anything in moderation is fine. Where it gets iffy is hard drugs like meth/heroin/crack etc. Those types of substances have long term psychological effects and are extremely addictive, causing people to become violent to get their next fix. The same can be said for alcohol, but I’ve been **** faced and never woke up craving more. If anything, I woke up regretting it :):

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    As someone who drinks a red bull every morning, believe me, I understand lol. I wouldn’t use amphetamine, but that’s because when I was younger I had 2 friends overdose on prescription meds (not speed, but still).

As for alcohol, I wouldn’t be against it at all. I try not to use religion as a basis for discussions because not everyone believes in my religion, but wine was pretty popular, and I think anything in moderation is fine. Where it gets iffy is hard drugs like meth/heroin/crack etc. Those types of substances have long term psychological effects and are extremely addictive, causing people to become violent to get their next fix. The same can be said for alcohol, but I’ve been **** faced and never woke up craving more. If anything, I woke up regretting it :):

I meant alcohol being made illegal as there is processing involved to make it.
    The street names heroin, crack, meth get a bad wrap because of the drug culture around them. When talking about drugs it needs to be about the actual molecules themselves, not the crime and impurities that have come along with their being made illegal.

As I said earlier it's like blaming alcohol for the problems of prohibition.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    First off, yes I skipped over many pages of post so if some of this has already been said, I apologize.

They said they won't prosecute for simple possession. It's still PC to search. Carrying several items containing marijuana is not simple possession. Carrying a large quantity is not simple possession. If caught with it, they're still going to take it from you.

From working at the Marion county jail for a short time and speaking with people that still work there, over population is most likely why they made this decision.

Top Bottom