Indy
    bait.jpg

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    On the one hand I appreciate that people are exercising their ability to express their opinions in a non-violent way, especially in such a hyper partisan political era. That being said while this makes tactical sense in applying pressure on the Administration short term it is a long term strategic blunder because now the relationship has been re-defined, and this is now making its way from fringe behavior to mainstream acceptance - especially when an elected official calls for it.

This is a breathtaking breach of protocol, decency, and common courtesy. This behavior will only deepen the political divide in this country as avenues of communication are further cut, and there is less chance for introspection and reflection on issues after political figures leave their office for the day. This will result in siege mentality. Of us versus them. And the more that this is tolerated and encouraged the more vicious it will get. I hope that both parties remember that the seeds they plant today will be the crop they reap when the positions are reversed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Of course the way Facebook's programming works, I can't go back and find it in my news feed but there is a story out there that reports that after SHS left the restaurant, she and her husband decided to just go home. The rest of her party went to another restaurant and the owner of the (hopefully soon to be closed down) first place followed them. As the story reads, they showed their class again at the second restaurant in a rude and boisterous manner.

This is not a good thing and hopefully "our side" doesn't mimic it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Of course the way Facebook's programming works, I can't go back and find it in my news feed but there is a story out there that reports that after SHS left the restaurant, she and her husband decided to just go home. The rest of her party went to another restaurant and the owner of the (hopefully soon to be closed down) first place followed them. As the story reads, they showed their class again at the new place.

This is not a good thing and hopefully "our side" doesn't mimic it.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...er-to-next-restaurant-to-continue-harassment/

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm not sure, but would it be possible to charge Waters and others with violating Section 3 of the 14th amendment?

Also:
    https://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-923-18-usc-371-conspiracy-defraud-us

Seems like she needs a lesson in "how it is" in terms of impeachment.

Sorry, but thats a stretch. And I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see her anywhere but in office. But her level of stupid I dont think warrants this.

Remember, I think this was said upthread... be careful that slipperly slope; the same rope you get to hang your enemy, could be put around your neck later when the winds of power shift.

And for some reason our side rarely gets the same benefits as the cards are stacked in our opponents favor. Remember, Obama's admin did MUCH worse than Trump on Immigration (as well as Fast and Furious) yet nobody batted an eye. We look at immigrants sideways and all hell breaks loose.
    An officer sends an email with an iffy classified rating to his mistress, and he goes to jail. Hillary stored and sent thousands of classified emails on an insecure server and she walks.
    A republican is even HINTED at that he sent an inappropriate text to a teen 20 years ago (before his career) and he's out of office. A democrat gets caught in a closet with a live boy AND a dead girl and nothing. (theoretical)
    Hell, look at the Dem posterboys... Byrd was a klansman and Kennedy drowned a girl and walked away. Both served life terms and nobody cared. That would NEVER happen if they were conservatives.

The double standard is sickening.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Totally fair points.

I think it sucks.

Ideally, people in politically appointed offices can also have "down time" out with their families, on the golf course, or in an internet forum. The job is the job; the person is not the job.

But this is reality. I think Waters' rhetoric, and Trump's, suck. But, they have the right to say it.

I would hope people would see both as efforts to create and confirm fissures among Americans. Divisions that only serve to confirm the centralization of power in those calling for the actions.

People should be better than that.

Alas, huge swaths of Americans aren't better than that.

Am I okay with that? I kinda have to be. That's the reality of where we are. I can choose to participate or not, but I can only choose for me.

Pain is certain. Suffering is optional

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Im not a lawyer but how is it not disturbing the peace?

How do you think it would be disturbing the peace. People get on soapboxes and say hateful things all the time. As long as they aren't calling for criminal actions they're protected.

Top Bottom