McCain planning his funeral... Trump not invited...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    WTF would you want someone who's mocked your service and sacrifices to come to your funeral?

I'll just say having been to police funerals I have an extreme dislike for politicians attending funerals and then making political points or trying to make the funeral about them, not the deceased. I'd rather be rolled in a ditch and eaten by feral cats than be given a state funeral with (a particular person who's not relevant to this thread) making a speech. I don't truly hate many people, they aren't worth the energy, but (that particular person) I truly effing hate you. I'll leave it at that before going full rant.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    In the old days when people got to a certain stage, they retired from public life. I think the reasons for doing so still apply but people seem to want to maintain center stage for a little too long.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    WTF would you want someone who's mocked your service and sacrifices to come to your funeral?

I'll just say having been to police funerals I have an extreme dislike for politicians attending funerals and then making political points or trying to make the funeral about them, not the deceased. I'd rather be rolled in a ditch and eaten by feral cats than be given a state funeral with (a particular person who's not relevant to this thread) making a speech. I don't truly hate many people, they aren't worth the energy, but (that particular person) I truly effing hate you. I'll leave it at that before going full rant.

This 100% A funeral should be about friends and family showing their last respects and saying their goodbyes, shouldn’t be an opportunity for politicians to make an appearance and pose for cameras.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This 100% A funeral should be about friends and family showing their last respects and saying their goodbyes, shouldn’t be an opportunity for politicians to make an appearance and pose for cameras.

Which is all the more reason why you don't want Donald Trump... when has he not made something about himself?

--- or ---

When has the media not focused all their attention on him?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Off topic but it's INGO-

What was the movie (comedy I think) during a funeral scene where a woman walked up to the open casket and stabbed the dead guy with a hatpin to make sure he was dead? 60s or70s?

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

^^^^ THIS. I think back to the first police funeral I attended. We were all in dress blouses, sweltering in a high school gymnasium in Kentland, and the governor was about 45 minutes late. Of course, everything had to wait for him to get there.

And the officiant, the departmental chaplain, delivered something that was about 40% eulogy, and 60% campaign speech for the governor.

It should be about the departed and his or her loved ones, and not about those supposedly in attendance who are actually making it about them, aided by sycophants.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    uIWWz72.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why does McCain need to invite a person to a funeral that obviously they both share a dislike for each other? The dead have no need for appearances.

Or uninvited?

I mean, you're gonna be dead. Why care who's there?
    I figure there'll be people at mine, just making sure I'm really dead. Some of them might be ex-girlfriends.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ^^^^ THIS. I think back to the first police funeral I attended. We were all in dress blouses, sweltering in a high school gymnasium in Kentland, and the governor was about 45 minutes late. Of course, everything had to wait for him to get there.

And the officiant, the departmental chaplain, delivered something that was about 40% eulogy, and 60% campaign speech for the governor.

It should be about the departed and his or her loved ones, and not about those supposedly in attendance who are actually making it about them, aided by sycophants.

So, how about.. no political speech, or just no speeches?

:dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Or uninvited?

I mean, you're gonna be dead. Why care who's there?
    I figure there'll be people at mine, just making sure I'm really dead. Some of them might be ex-girlfriends.

Why'd we all get ticked off at the douchnozzles protesting at veteran funerals yelling about homosexuality and sin? The vet is dead. Because it's not for the dead. It's for your friends and family to mourn and remember you. Making a spectacle or being disrespectful the dead will cause pain to those there to grieve.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why'd we all get ticked off at the douchnozzles protesting at veteran funerals yelling about homosexuality and sin? The vet is dead. Because it's not for the dead. It's for your friends and family to mourn and remember you. Making a spectacle or being disrespectful the dead will cause pain to those there to grieve.

True.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    INGO: keeping it classy since 2010 (at least).

He ain't dead yet, he's fair game while he's still breathing.

I'll let this man say it for me so I don't have to.

[video=youtube;cut9Syro400]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cut9Syro400[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I can think of only one politician whose remarks were properly apolitical. Although, at the time, it may have been viewed differently....
    ...The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain....

Top Bottom