McCain planning his funeral... Trump not invited...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    X ring.

The Democrats didn’t put Donnelly in office. The fringe right of the Republican Party did.

They helped in the primary to elect the easiest candidate to beat. They tried the same thing in KY. Even advertised that they'd help potential startup GOP candidates get in the race to defeat McConnell in the primary. Didn't work in KY though.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    If Arizona is anything like Indiana, he gets elected every time because of the ‘R’ and because he’s the incumbent. The only way to get rid of him is like the way we gor rid of Lugar. Have the Democrats help an unelectable candidate beat the incumbent ‘R’ in primaries so that their Democrat can win. So it’s not as simple as “the people chose”. There are a lot of practical things that constrain choice.

Nope. term limits for all.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Didn't DJT call Cain out for being a traitor when he was in the Hanoi Hilton....:dunno:

I know he called him out but in what context.
    theres been some conflicting information from other prisoners there during McCain that he did not maintain his honor or loyalty. McCain was an officer.
    McCain now has betrayed his oath several times through the years and it's just gone into full stupid mode lately. I think it says a lot how buddy buddy he is with Obama and Biden and other top Democrats

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Like what. Curious.

Often laws are created which have unintended consequences, and we can't always so easily take them back. I suspect the power the old guard loses will be transferred, and not necessarily to the fresh representatives. It could be transferred to consultants and lobbyists, because there won't be people with a lot of experience. It's hard to come across good new candidates as it is. I'm not sure it will improve the quality of officeholders.

Like I said, there are problems it should solve. And maybe those problems solved has a better outcome than the potential problems. This is why I don't have a firm position on it. I don't really have a clear indication of the outcome. It could solve some stuff. But it could cause some stuff.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Often laws are created which have unintended consequences, and we can't always so easily take them back. I suspect the power the old guard loses will be transferred, and not necessarily to the fresh representatives. It could be transferred to consultants and lobbyists, because there won't be people with a lot of experience. It's hard to come across good new candidates as it is. I'm not sure it will improve the quality of officeholders.

Like I said, there are problems it should solve. And maybe those problems solved has a better outcome than the potential problems. This is why I don't have a firm position on it. I don't really have a clear indication of the outcome. It could solve some stuff. But it could cause some stuff.

There is so much power behind the scenes already. Non-elected people that are calling a lot of the shots we never know about.
    Alphabet agencys making policy outside the legislative branches and on and on.

In truth these bodys have lived past their mandate. They have expanded their power over us and we have allowed it. We really do not need any more laws. Just observe the existing and prosecute them.
    Simplify the tax code and start voting these people out.
    I know this is way to simple but in effect it will work.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IMO the term that needs to be limited is the annual term congress is in session. 90 or at most 120 days during the hottest most unpleasant part of the summer. The rest of the time the office buildings and capitol are shut up and shut down. Legislators go home and spend the rest of the time with those they represent. I K street wants to buy someone dinner, they have to do it in Boise or Helena. No need to interrupt the congressional session for member time off/vacation either. If you can’t get it done in 3 or 4 months it doesn’t get done at all that year. No need for time off to campaign if you spend 2/3 of your time in your district. Cut congressional pay by 2/3. Money’s tight? Don’t give up your day job

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IMO the term that needs to be limited is the annual term congress is in session. 90 or at most 120 days during the hottest most unpleasant part of the summer. The rest of the time the office buildings and capitol are shut up and shut down. Legislators go home and spend the rest of the time with those they represent. I K street wants to buy someone dinner, they have to do it in Boise or Helena. No need to interrupt the congressional session for member time off/vacation either. If you can’t get it done in 3 or 4 months it doesn’t get done at all that year. No need for time off to campaign if you spend 2/3 of your time in your district. Cut congressional pay by 2/3. Money’s tight? Don’t give up your day job

The work that needs done should be easy enough to do in that time frame. If we have an emergency (war/famine/Zombie invasion) they can be called back.

We need no more new laws. None. There is more tan enough crap on the books now. Set them to the actual business of the people. Infrastructure etc.
    Put up a real budget and follow it. Period.
    Go over......back in the sweat shop and figure it out.
    Stop sending billions off shore. Just stop. Now. Period.
    Get a handle on repaying the SS fund. Stop robbing it. Period.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If we need to impose term limits on congress critters, we should look at doing the same to Federally appointed judges at all levels.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One of my wife's cousins is also currently living with glioblastoma. She's wrapping up her second round of chemotherapy. I think about a year ago, they gave her "10 years" left to live.

She's already had a brain surgery to get rid of most of the original tumor - but it was surrounding her optic nerve and they couldn't remove all of it.

This cancer will end up killing her eventually. :(

May is brain cancer / survivor awareness month.

It's insidious.

**** cancer.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If we need to impose term limits on congress critters, we should look at doing the same to Federally appointed judges at all levels.

Weird_guy_this.gif

Top Bottom