McCain planning his funeral... Trump not invited...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's not the MO of many of those that love the current president. Clinton and Obama both have no political power, and people still spar with them.

No political power? If you mean they no longer have government authority, I’ll agree. But you can’t argue they have no political power in the influence they still have.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Which is all the more reason why you don't want Donald Trump... when has he not made something about himself?

--- or ---

When has the media not focused all their attention on him?

Actually, it seems like a kind of win-win. I doubt Trump is his biggest fan, either. This gives Trump carte blanche to not attend the funeral without seeming to snub a dying man, and it gives McCain whatever cold comfort snubbing Trump can give him in his otherwise general irrelevance to US governance. I think his mind is on the wrong things given his future, though

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why'd we all get ticked off at the douchnozzles protesting at veteran funerals yelling about homosexuality and sin? The vet is dead. Because it's not for the dead. It's for your friends and family to mourn and remember you. Making a spectacle or being disrespectful the dead will cause pain to those there to grieve.

THIS! ABSOLUTELY THIS! ^^^^^^ Funerals are primarily for the living, those who have to go on without you

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Off topic but it's INGO-

What was the movie (comedy I think) during a funeral scene where a woman walked up to the open casket and stabbed the dead guy with a hatpin to make sure he was dead? 60s or70s?

Was that the one where the make up artist was trying to keep all the people looking good who had found the way to cheat death? Or one of the RED movies with John Malkovitch?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    uIWWz72.jpg

3ryv3j97hiw01.png

Classy is as classy does. :)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Classy is as classy does. :)

Exactly.

I found the remark regarding Sarah Palin to be particularly classless. She continued to speak highly of him after much difficulty caused by he and his staff who wanted her as a prop rather than a VP candidate, especially after she brought the only real boost to the campaign after the media got done carrying him through the primary as easy meat for Obama.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Which is all the more reason why you don't want Donald Trump... when has he not made something about himself?

--- or ---

When has the media not focused all their attention on him?

Yeah, he would never miss an opportunity. :n00b:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/20/trump-barbara-bush-funeral-539255

Trump is pretty uncouth sometimes, but I'd bet that he does the right thing and doesn't show up at the funeral. Most people know better than to insert themselves where they are not wanted just to stroke their own egos. Not everyone, obviously. But most.

:yesway:

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    He ain't dead yet, he's fair game while he's still breathing.

I'll let this man say it for me so I don't have to.

[video=youtube;cut9Syro400]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cut9Syro400[/video]

If the "man" in your video had spent one day in the hell that McCain experienced as a POW, he'd have been video taped slow dancing with Jane Fonda in front of AA guns and lovingly stroking Ho Chi Minh's goatee in propaganda spots.

Yeah, as an American, although this neck tattooed ass wipe claims to speak for all Americans; he doesn't speak for me.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    That's not the MO of many of those that love the current president. Clinton and Obama both have no political power, and people still spar with them.

Just because they are no longer in office doesn't mean they don't still have political power. They still have influence over a large portion of the population, get media coverage anytime they want, and are out there actively pushing their parties agenda. They routinely use their considerable political power to influence votes by members of Congress, and others still in office around the country. They inspire left leaning voters like crazy with their lies. That is political power.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Yeah. That might be a little strong, considering his military service. I read one of McCain's books. Biographical writing of some sort. Like many people who go to Washington, his priorities seemed to change after the first couple of runs for Senate. Definitely married up to increase his chances politically.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I will LITERALLY stand and applaud upon hearing of this traitor's death. Which will be about the only good thing he's EVER done.
    Maybe he committed treason against your worldview, but not against the United States. Personally I’m not a fan of McCain. But dayam, thems some harsh words.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe he committed treason against your worldview, but not against the United States. Personally I’m not a fan of McCain. But dayam, thems some harsh words.

Agreed.
    In these last years he has been well off course. He should have walked his allegiance across the isle and removed the R from his "Title"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Exactly.

I found the remark regarding Sarah Palin to be particularly classless. She continued to speak highly of him after much difficulty caused by he and his staff who wanted her as a prop rather than a VP candidate, especially after she brought the only real boost to the campaign after the media got done carrying him through the primary as easy meat for Obama.

But she is ok to ridicule and she has less political power with each passing day.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I will LITERALLY stand and applaud upon hearing of this traitor's death. Which will be about the only good thing he's EVER done.

Yeah...

I've known people I was glad when they moved on, others I was glad they finally retired. There have been many politicians that I rejoiced when they lost their races or retired. But celebrating in someone's death strikes me as unseemly.

Top Bottom