• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Has anybody gotten a photo of the new deer target yet? I heard Don hung it up, but haven't had time to venture out to the range to check it out yet.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I ran out to the range this morning to practice, and while I was there I snapped some photos of our new targets. Enjoy!

100 Yard Appleseed style Target (about 26" wide)

100 yard deer target (approximately real size)

I really like how the deer target turned out; I bet it gets a LOT this Fall.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I haven't been out to look yet, but is the deer at 100 yards? I think we should remind people not to shoot shotgun slugs at steel.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Why do people still go to the bays and shoot paper when the main range is EMPTY? I just dont get it!!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Why do people still go to the bays and shoot paper when the main range is EMPTY? I just dont get it!!
    There are things you can do in the bays that you can't do on the main range, such as shooting on the move and changing/pasting targets at will.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have never tried it, but I have heard of ricochets coming right back at the shooter. But, those where at shorter distances, 25 and 50 yards if I remember correctly.
    AR500 is going to splatter lead slugs just as effectively if not more effectively than it does FMJ. At 100 yards, splash-back is not even an issue.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yea!! But their not doing these things.
    That does suck. There's been a few times I've stopped by just to ring steel for function checks and found people in the steel bay shooting paper with the other bay open.

Now that both bays have steel, hopefully this won't be as frequent of an issue. If it were up to me, I'd pull the rings out of the bays and make people bring their own stands for paper, but then you'd have more idiots shooting the barrels and tables.

DONB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I have pulled the rings multiple times.members should bring their own stands,paper and take their trash back home and try to keep the range clean for the next member.Chezuki you are right about the barrels,tables. I spent 2 hours 8/4/13 picking up trash so members can have a clean range and it is getting old.i have had members tell me that the paid their dues they don't have to help out.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    all members should take pride in the range

Of course they should. I have seen the same thing as Chezuki posted. If you polity ask them to move over the response can be somewhat negative. People tend to be idiots and respond with anger when they realize their own idiocy.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That does suck. There's been a few times I've stopped by just to ring steel for function checks and found people in the steel bay shooting paper with the other bay open.

Now that both bays have steel, hopefully this won't be as frequent of an issue. If it were up to me, I'd pull the rings out of the bays and make people bring their own stands for paper, but then you'd have more idiots shooting the barrels and tables.

Looks like someone pulled the rings. I was out there on Sunday and the rings (at least those in the north bay) were all pulled up sitting by the trash barrel.

Top Bottom